Mwo Annual Rewards Program

137 replies to this topic

#121 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 22 September 2024 - 05:58 AM

i did and did the same. but then i just cleared all cookies and temp from pc..and it seemed that helped. strange are the ways of windows...

#122 MayhemMatador

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2024 - 01:59 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 16 September 2024 - 10:57 AM, said:

ECM is the strongest piece of equipment a mech can run in quick play(arguably second to MASC depending on priorities but it's still up there). The Nova Cat is already getting a serious glow up getting 8 extra ballistic in a single variant, we felt that the ECM was just overkill. We did the same thing with the Adder Warthog, which is based off of the ADR-S. That mech also had ECM, but it was too much so we decided to tone it down a notch.

The reason why the Argent, Spectre, and Apache got ECM was to help balance out their downsides. The NCT-P and ADR-W don't have downsides as severe so it doesn't feel needed.

Thanks for getting back on this, but I have to ask: you know that the new Bane-6 has 10 ballistic, 4 energy, AMS, and ECM right?

Edited by MayhemMatador, 26 September 2024 - 03:33 AM.

#123 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 27 September 2024 - 09:21 PM

Ye know PGI... I just don't care anymore... It's quite freeing actually...

I used to play this game a ton, used to buy stuff, etc. Used to wait and see what this would be about every year... I just don't care anymore lol. I play this with friends here and there, maybe come on for a few rounds on weekends, but, that's it. You've pretty much killed it for Me. I never thought you would. During the other Player Exodus's ye've had, I stayed, and played etc. but idiotic decisions, Legendary's, terrible weapon balancing, Match Maker eternally broken, MW5 being hilariously laughable, and terrible new chassis have finally done it... ( I don't give a FedRats arse about Clans...)

I just don't care... You did it PGI...

#124 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 27 September 2024 - 09:25 PM

View PostMayhemMatador, on 26 September 2024 - 01:59 AM, said:

Thanks for getting back on this, but I have to ask: you know that the new Bane-6 has 10 ballistic, 4 energy, AMS, and ECM right?

This... Hilarious... Another Assault Mech nightmare... PGI is hilarious...

#125 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 September 2024 - 06:15 PM

View PostAkamia Terizen, on 16 September 2024 - 10:36 PM, said:

If you're expecting symmetrical arms on MWO's take on the Grand Summoner, well, prepare to be disappointed; based on the teasers I've seen, it looks exactly like a regular Summoner, but with an octagonal missile pod that might only apply to its (S) variants, or quite possibly Grand Summoner omnipods in general. (I'm tentatively assuming it's got cross-compatibility with the regular Summoner's pods, either with or without jump jets. This may not actually be the case.)

It's also not quite true that the Grand Summoner was in MW4. Its official tabletop art uses elements of the MW4 Summoner's aesthetic, true, but the configuration was different. The Grand Summoner typically lacks jump jets, for example; MW4's Summoner had them stock, and in canon, the Summoner's jets were just as fixed to the chassis as they are here in MWO. If the pods are cross-compatible and affect the jump jet count on either version of the Summoner, then that might make things interesting, to say the least.

So, I want to set the record straight on this post I wrote almost two weeks ago, as well as offer further thoughts based on what I've learned since writing it. While the primary point regarding the shape of the arms was correct as of three days ago, there were parts that were incorrect, and for others, I have clarity on things that were ambiguous to me at the time.

For one, the Grand Summoner does actually have jump jets in most configurations, including the Prime; I failed reading comprehension on the Sarna article that day. However, we're not getting most of those configurations. If I understand what Tiy0s showed off in the Cauldron feedback Discord server, the Prime configuration is losing its jets, becoming the Grand Summoner "P" instead. I consider this very unfortunate, and it did reduce my excitement for this booster pack significantly, but this decision was made apparently to keep it from rendering the original Summoner obsolete. Fair enough, I suppose, but this does mean we will be without a true Prime configuration for an OmniMech for the first time since OmniMechs were added to the game at all. I don't like this precedent even slightly, but it seems that's what happens when we have what is apparently an objectively superior successor to an existing chassis and need to adapt it to a game like MWO. Fortunately, there are at least two other configurations coming that a player like myself can appreciate just fine; I just would rather have a real Prime, like we always got before.

Additionally, the Summoner omnipods will not be shared with the Grand Summoner, or vice versa. In this regard, they will be treated as entirely different chassis.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 28 September 2024 - 11:43 PM.

#126 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 28 September 2024 - 09:41 PM

When it comes to the Grand Summoner, it makes sense for why it uses the main chassis with tidbits. In lore, the Grand Summoner was mentioned as being an upgrade to the original, the only reason it looks the way it does in the TRO is because the design was being translated from Mechwarrior 4 > the MWDA Mininatures > Technical Readout cannon. Given how the design is being mentioned as being an upgrade, in the world of MWO, the devs wanted to reuse a Summoner model to save up on resources and showcase that fact. Another thing to consider is that PGI may possibly be looking out not to infringe on the copyrights of the CGL Designs, given how CGL doesn't take kindly to use of MWO based miniatures for Tabletop events.

#127 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 September 2024 - 11:13 PM

View PostWill9761, on 28 September 2024 - 09:41 PM, said:

When it comes to the Grand Summoner, it makes sense for why it uses the main chassis with tidbits. In lore, the Grand Summoner was mentioned as being an upgrade to the original, the only reason it looks the way it does in the TRO is because the design was being translated from Mechwarrior 4 > the MWDA Mininatures > Technical Readout cannon. Given how the design is being mentioned as being an upgrade, in the world of MWO, the devs wanted to reuse a Summoner model to save up on resources and showcase that fact. Another thing to consider is that PGI may possibly be looking out not to infringe on the copyrights of the CGL Designs, given how CGL doesn't take kindly to use of MWO based miniatures for Tabletop events.

For what it's worth, from what I understand, the issue of the arm shape really was a matter of limited time to work on it. Apparently, this was literally "Sunday work" for Tiy0s; he's been very, very busy with MW5Clans development otherwise. If he had more time on it, I believe he probably would have made the arms symmetrical as in the tabletop art. Aside from that, yeah, reusing the Summoner assets makes sense.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 28 September 2024 - 11:19 PM.

#128 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 September 2024 - 10:40 PM

Now that's what I call passion for work! ;)
(Thank you, Tiy0s!!)

View PostAkamia Terizen, on 28 September 2024 - 11:13 PM, said:

For what it's worth, from what I understand, the issue of the arm shape really was a matter of limited time to work on it. Apparently, this was literally "Sunday work" for Tiy0s; he's been very, very busy with MW5Clans development otherwise. If he had more time on it, I believe he probably would have made the arms symmetrical as in the tabletop art. Aside from that, yeah, reusing the Summoner assets makes sense.

#129 Xypherious

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2024 - 11:39 AM

For the Prime reward, purchasing a Hero through the in-game store qualifies, yes?

#130 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 October 2024 - 01:21 PM

View PostXypherious, on 06 October 2024 - 11:39 AM, said:

For the Prime reward, purchasing a Hero through the in-game store qualifies, yes?

Loyalty rewards require real cash purchases. Purchasing a hero mech with MC in the in-game store doesn't count. You do get a loyalty reward for purchasing MC with real cash though.

#131 Xypherious

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2024 - 01:30 PM

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 06 October 2024 - 01:21 PM, said:

Loyalty rewards require real cash purchases. Purchasing a hero mech with MC in the in-game store doesn't count. You do get a loyalty reward for purchasing MC with real cash though.

I thought that might be the case..

#132 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 October 2024 - 05:35 PM

This may have already been answered in this thread (there are a lot of posts)

Question: Would purchasing the Bane 'Mech Pack also qualify me for the Clan Package Reward listed in the annual loyalty rewards program?

(I tried to do a search for the answer but it appears the search function is broken right now)

#133 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 08 October 2024 - 02:50 AM

Yes!
I believe that purchasing any tier of Bane 'Mech Pack (Ultimate, Collector's, etc.) would qualify you for:
a) Bane Reward ==> BANE-3(P)
b ) Clan Package Reward ==> COM-IIC(L)

https://mwomercs.com/profile/content
Do have fun deciding! Posted Image

- - - - - -
I got my Ultimate Bullshark 'Mech Pack, the one with the Clan Hero, and got these three rewards Posted Image
a) Bullshark Reward ==> BSK-6(P)
c) IS Package Reward ==> FS9-C(L)

BTW, the BSK-6(P) is very sweet; really looking forward to this one! Posted Image

View PostRondoe, on 07 October 2024 - 05:35 PM, said:

This may have already been answered in this thread (there are a lot of posts)

Question: Would purchasing the Bane 'Mech Pack also qualify me for the Clan Package Reward listed in the annual loyalty rewards program?

(I tried to do a search for the answer but it appears the search function is broken right now)

Edited by w0qj, 08 October 2024 - 02:53 AM.

#134 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 October 2024 - 08:20 AM

View Postw0qj, on 08 October 2024 - 02:50 AM, said:

Yes!
I believe that purchasing any tier of Bane 'Mech Pack (Ultimate, Collector's, etc.) would qualify you for:
a) Bane Reward ==> BANE-3(P)

https://mwomercs.com/profile/content
Do have fun deciding! Posted Image

- - - - - -
I got my Ultimate Bullshark 'Mech Pack, the one with the Clan Hero, and got these three rewards Posted Image
a) Bullshark Reward ==> BSK-6(P)
c) IS Package Reward ==> FS9-C(L)

BTW, the BSK-6(P) is very sweet; really looking forward to this one! Posted Image

TYVM!

#135 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 October 2024 - 07:33 PM

Question on the VND-5L Vindicator. Since MWO doesn't have melee, the Sword can't be used. Will the loyalty variant have a fixed "sword" that's just dead weight, or will the MWO version do something else with the tonnage?

#136 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 October 2024 - 12:23 PM

Speaking historically, any time a variant that normally carries a melee weapon is introduced to MWO, that melee weapon's tonnage is replaced with something else; either more armor, extra heat sinks or ammo, some combination of the two if tonnage permits, maybe a higher rated engine, etc.

The earliest known case I am aware of in this regard is of course the Yen-Lo-Wang, but this applies most thoroughly to the Hatchetman as a chassis.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 09 October 2024 - 02:34 PM.

#137 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,110 posts

Posted Today, 03:59 AM

• Choice of Heavy or Assault Previous Loyalty Mech (Includes Mech Bay)
It's coming with stock cammo or special?

Edited by Pz_DC, Today, 04:39 AM.

#138 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,575 posts

Posted Today, 06:25 AM

I believe that all Loyalty Mechs (denoted with (L) designation) have its unique/special camo, only for that (L) Loyalty Mech!

~You can have a preview of what the Loyalty Mech camo looks like with the thumbnails of the Loyalty Mechs (L) here:
https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs

(I have many Loyalty Mechs, so this is from my own personal experience!)

View PostPz_DC, on 11 October 2024 - 03:59 AM, said:

• Choice of Heavy or Assault Previous Loyalty Mech (Includes Mech Bay)
It's coming with stock cammo or special?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users