Mwo Annual Rewards Program

110 replies to this topic

#101 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 10:36 PM

If you're expecting symmetrical arms on MWO's take on the Grand Summoner, well, prepare to be disappointed; based on the teasers I've seen, it looks exactly like a regular Summoner, but with an octagonal missile pod that might only apply to its (S) variants, or quite possibly Grand Summoner omnipods in general. (I'm tentatively assuming it's got cross-compatibility with the regular Summoner's pods, either with or without jump jets. This may not actually be the case.)

It's also not quite true that the Grand Summoner was in MW4. Its official tabletop art uses elements of the MW4 Summoner's aesthetic, true, but the configuration was different. The Grand Summoner typically lacks jump jets, for example; MW4's Summoner had them stock, and in canon, the Summoner's jets were just as fixed to the chassis as they are here in MWO. If the pods are cross-compatible and affect the jump jet count on either version of the Summoner, then that might make things interesting, to say the least.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 17 September 2024 - 10:49 AM.

#102 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2024 - 02:02 AM

Does buying any $10 hero mech counts both as prime and clan/is reward?

#103 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 04:57 AM

View PostKeZangaren777, on 16 September 2024 - 10:09 PM, said:

Thanks.
Actually If you Play MW4 You already Saw Grand Summoner. The key Differents is the Foots and Grand Summoner (Thor II) has SYMMETRICAL ARMS, While Summoner (Thor)'s Arms Are Asymmetrical.
The Thor on MW4 is suppossed now Thor II or Grand Summoner

cool but, I dont know where in MWO forums anybody heard anything about the Grand summoner, sorry , that's what i actually meant. like somone just said "grand summoner!!" and I am like "where???"

#104 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 08:37 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 17 September 2024 - 04:57 AM, said:

cool but, I dont know where in MWO forums anybody heard anything about the Grand summoner, sorry , that's what i actually meant. like somone just said "grand summoner!!" and I am like "where???"

To quote the rewards page:

PRIME REWARD

Eligibility Conditions
  • Have purchased, during the Eligibility period, any Booster Pack (Stryker, Warden, Hunter, Rivals, Predator, Bloodname, Otomo Pack, Black Hawk-KU, or Grand Summoner), Platinum Collection, Platinum Custom Collection, Bundle, Dropship Deal, Complete Collection, Tournament Supporter pack, Hero, Champion, Reinforcement, GSP or Solaris 7 pack on MWO or on Steam.
  • Gifting through the store grants the Reward to the account that redeems the Gift
Emphasis mine.

#105 Kaijufro

Rookie

• The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 09:32 AM

I have purchased MC but I am showing as ineligible for the rewards. Is this a known issue?

#106 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 10:42 AM

Not an issue. Eligibility refreshes every 24 hours on 0:00 UTC.

#107 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 11:07 AM

So buying the bloodname pack won't net me the Commando IIC?

What will? the wording of it all really confuses me.

#108 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 11:12 AM

Any regular Clan chassis pack, or a Clan hero, purchased from the web store. Bloodname is a booster, not a chassis pack or a hero.

Buying the Bull Shark is an Inner Sphere pack, and nets you that reward, but if you get the Mako hero with the same pack, you get the Clan reward too, because the Mako is a Clan ’Mech.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 17 September 2024 - 11:17 AM.

#109 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 11:27 AM

dang, that woulda been a good excuse to get it. i have too many of the chassis for any of those to be worth it.

ah well, the commando will make its way to the store eventually, right?

I really wish i could just buy the supernova special, since i already have all the others.

Edited by Oriffel, 17 September 2024 - 11:32 AM.

#110 Utsuho Reiuzi

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 07:44 PM

Beware! The Spitfire, in spite of being a a "mech package" (as specifically called out and excluded by the other rewards tier) and by extension, thus a Longbow Mech Package, is instead sneakily a "Legendary Mech Package." Don't buy it if you want the longbow reward, customer service cannot help you!

They also sneakily edited the page several days after the rewards program launched, here is what it originally said.
Posted Image
I guess buying the equivalent of a mech pack or even more per year in Legendary Packs just isn't good enough for PGI now and throwing in a measly platinum variant is too much. I've bought 13 legend packs - and now I feel heavily disincentivized to buy any more if this confusing mess of technicalities and post-facto edits is what my money is worth.

Posted Image

Edited by Utsuho Reiuzi, 17 September 2024 - 07:50 PM.

#111 Crazyindianjoe

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 AM

Do the Resistance and Resistance II packs qualify for the IS Package Rewards?

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users