Mechwarrior Online - Bane Preorder Is Here!

56 replies to this topic

#41 solarmus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 06:08 AM

View PostObsidian Howell, on 13 September 2024 - 12:59 PM, said:

Cool! Anybody know when the Bane will be released for C-Bills?

It's usually 6 months later, right? Which is when this becomes an exciting announcement for me (obviously there are a bunch of people happy right now, but I wish there was a lower entry level price point than $40.)

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 September 2024 - 06:22 AM

Check Mech Pack FAQ here:
https://mwomercs.com...asked-questions

#43 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 14 September 2024 - 08:56 AM

Having these new, powerful mechs is all well and good, but they are making some older chassis irrelevant and/or marginally viable in my opinion. For example, the Rifleman. This mech has some good builds, and with good positioning can do some good work, but it has always been on the squishy side. The new mechs with their powerful alphas make even quicker work of them which is a shame because the RFL is a fun mech, though less so now.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#44 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 14 September 2024 - 09:01 AM

1. Rapid fire LBX looks super fun, we should get it as separate weapon. Posted Image

2. I do not play this game for very long, are things like this coming to more mechs? This new super computer is really interesting idea and makes ballistic weapons lot more interesting, and something like supercharger is also great idea, will this come to new mechs or existing mechs, or do we have to wait for entirely new mechs ?

3. Will HAG still have splash when used with this? If they have only spread instead of splash, this will make them quite strong again. Posted Image

#45 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 11:33 AM

I love it. Definitely buying.

#46 P o l a r i s

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 September 2024 - 01:40 PM

I haven't been around for awhile so bear with my lack of knowledge here but aren't the copyrights ending soon. Isn't the game going to be shut down in the near future? Why spend money on a game that is ending soon?

#47 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 01:54 PM

As far as I know, PGI has the license to make Mechwarrior games until 2025 (unless MW5: Clans does really well). As for the question, why bother spending money on a game that's ending soon? Well that's up to customer if they want to keep supporting PGI or not.

#48 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 03:42 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 12 September 2024 - 03:57 PM, said:

So you guys might have noticed a piece of equipment in the Bane Leviathan called the Modified Ballistic Loader. I'm sure you all wonder what it does.

We're still ironing out the final details, so I won't give any stats. But here's the working ingame description for that item.

"The Modified Ballistic Loader allows a mech to load experimental ammunition to change its weapon behavior. Due to the changes in how autocannons and gauss rifles operate, the Modified Ballistic Loader also contains a rudimentary Targeting Computer to help the mech compensate. Due to how complex the inner workings of the Loader is, it is fused to the chassis of a mech and cannot be removed."

Experimental ammunition? What does that do? The Modified Ballistic Loader is a locked item exclusive to the Leviathan that will convert UAC/ACs to single shot ballistics. This will not apply to LBx weapons. The Loader will also convert Gauss/HAG rounds into flechette rounds that spread. Clan Gauss will essentially become Silver Bullet Gauss on the Leviathan, and HAG will become... rapid fire LBx I guess? I dunno I'm not sure if there's an analogue I can give that players have already seen.

As for the rudimentary TComp, it will have the weapon benefits of a TComp 1 such as range, velocity, etc. But it will not have the sensor, zoom, or targeting boosts. As the Loader contains a TComp, you will not be able to put another one on the mech.

There ya have it! Since the Modified Loader is locked to the Leviathan, there's no way around that ballistic weapon behavior change. So if you want normal Gauss, HAG, AC, or UACs then you gotta use a different variant. We're still deliberating on things like spread for gauss rounds, whether or not we want velo or stat changes on single shot ACs, and other things like that so no stats just yet! Gotta wait until release.

Interesting new new Hero quirk (ETA: I was asking for some clan tech autocannons that had a single bullet, just a few weeks ago)! The Bane is beautiful looking, can't wait to drive one.

But, another assault? 100 tons this time.I get it, you think assault mechs sell better (probably do, but when was the last time we got a new light?) Still no word on a Wasp?

This is starting to look like power creep.

ETA: I just saw the Clan Commando (in the loyalty rewards), looks incredible.

I hope you will eventually release them for regular purchase, like the Clan Urbies.

Edited by kalashnikity, 14 September 2024 - 04:01 PM.

#49 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 September 2024 - 05:01 PM

There's a related thread about Clan Commando IIC here: ;)
https://mwomercs.com...w-clan-commando

View Postkalashnikity, on 14 September 2024 - 03:42 PM, said:

...ETA: I just saw the Clan Commando (in the loyalty rewards), looks incredible.

I hope you will eventually release them for regular purchase, like the Clan Urbies.

#50 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 08:56 AM

View PostP o l a r i s, on 14 September 2024 - 01:40 PM, said:

I haven't been around for awhile so bear with my lack of knowledge here but aren't the copyrights ending soon. Isn't the game going to be shut down in the near future? Why spend money on a game that is ending soon?

PGI can still make content for existing games and keep the games themselves going. The loss of license (IF it happens) only prevents them from making more new games. So, they can still make mech packs and keep MWO alive and they can make DLCs for MW5 Mercs and Clans.

#51 pauli42

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 10:47 AM

I really love the new mechs, but sorry PGI i can't pay a AAA game price for a simple addon. So i have to pass like always and maybe get some later..too bad, because i would love to support your good work with my money... :-// just give us a 20€ pack option, couldn't be that hard..

#52 Martaloc

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 16 September 2024 - 12:06 AM

• The Bane 7 in the store has different loadout than the original variant.
  • You guys at MWO mirrored the the whole mech to the left side, i hope this is incorrect because now in the everyday Nascar race the five laser slot on the left side is very bad.
  • Or give the both sidetorso 5 energy hardpoints because the arms have only one ballistics hardpoint.
  • So which one is the correct Bane7 what we will see in the game?

• from Sarna.net :
  • Bane 7 Derived from the Bane 6, each arm has a HAG/40. The right torso carries a Large Pulse Laser and four ER Medium Lasers. Eight tons of HAG ammo is in the left torso, while the right torso carries four more tons of HAG ammo. No ECM suite is fitted, but fourteen double heat sinks are carried. BV (2.0) = 3,740[12]

Edited by Martaloc, 16 September 2024 - 12:11 AM.

#53 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 September 2024 - 05:13 AM

View PostMartaloc, on 16 September 2024 - 12:06 AM, said:

• The Bane 7 in the store has different loadout than the original variant.
  • You guys at MWO mirrored the the whole mech to the left side, i hope this is incorrect because now in the everyday Nascar race the five laser slot on the left side is very bad.
  • Or give the both sidetorso 5 energy hardpoints because the arms have only one ballistics hardpoint.
  • So which one is the correct Bane7 what we will see in the game?

• from Sarna.net :
  • Bane 7 Derived from the Bane 6, each arm has a HAG/40. The right torso carries a Large Pulse Laser and four ER Medium Lasers. Eight tons of HAG ammo is in the left torso, while the right torso carries four more tons of HAG ammo. No ECM suite is fitted, but fourteen double heat sinks are carried. BV (2.0) = 3,740[12]

Ah, yeah. Seems like it is mirrored. We can bring it up to PGI and see if they can flip it to the correct side

#54 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 05:47 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 14 September 2024 - 08:56 AM, said:

Having these new, powerful mechs is all well and good, but they are making some older chassis irrelevant and/or marginally viable in my opinion. For example, the Rifleman. This mech has some good builds, and with good positioning can do some good work, but it has always been on the squishy side. The new mechs with their powerful alphas make even quicker work of them which is a shame because the RFL is a fun mech, though less so now.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

...yes, the rifleman isnt supposed to be brawler, lore wise Im pretty sure it is on the squishy side. neither is it suppose to work alone, "support fire" means being part of a team is key. like really there isnt anything wrong with the things you are complaining...lore wise they are pretty much on point.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman

where the hell is this idea of a "all mechs are the same" coming from? not battletech lore it isnt! some mechs are going to be more powerful than others and be able to do thing others can't, period.

Edited by simon1812, 17 September 2024 - 05:51 AM.

#55 Goober goos

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 08:33 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 17 September 2024 - 05:47 AM, said:

...yes, the rifleman isnt supposed to be brawler, lore wise Im pretty sure it is on the squishy side. neither is it suppose to work alone, "support fire" means being part of a team is key. like really there isnt anything wrong with the things you are complaining...lore wise they are pretty much on point.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman

where the hell is this idea of a "all mechs are the same" coming from? not battletech lore it isnt! some mechs are going to be more powerful than others and be able to do thing others can't, period.

Also the tonnage difference meant something

#56 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 92 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 AM

PGI

Have you ever considered how many more people would be willing to give you their money if your prices weren't so ridiculous?

$70 for the whole Bane pack? Seriously? Even companies like Paradox aren't big enough predatory scumbags to ask more than $5-20 for dlc that on average offers way more value for money.

Do you realize I could buy something like Space marine 2 for $60 instead and still have money left over? Rethink your whaling ways.

#57 IronJavelin

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 36 posts

Posted Today, 07:01 AM

Something i thought about when i saw this was “cluster rounds” for lbxs i doubt it will make it into this but would be very interesting to see it incorporated in the loader - just a suggestion

20 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users