Ask The Devs 12!

135 replies to this topic

#21 Graives

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

(For reference, please check out the discussion thread here.where we have been discussing LP in Merc Corps and potential issues, which I at least would like addressed.)

1. We know from Q&A's and Dev Blogs that LP will be required for higher level contracts. Regarding Merc Corps, in detail, how will the acceptance of Contracts work, and will there be a system in place to prevent anyone intentionally or unintentionally detracting from the Merc Corps acquired LP? For instance, a Merc of the Corp doing contracts on his/her own and gaining LP with an opposing faction?

2. There's been plenty of talk this past week regarding potential threats to MW:O's Meta Game. I'd reference THIS THREAD but obviously it's been deleted. Regardless of that, are there measures being used or designed to combat the potential threat of Contract Bid Locking? If so, how?

3. What happens if a Merc Corp fails to complete a contract? Does it eventually become available to other Merc Corps? Are there any drawbacks or penalties to failing to complete a contract?

4. If a Merc leaves a Corp, does the LP gained for the Corp by the Merc leave with them?

5. I heard a rumor that you will only be able to organize 1 lance in any company sized engagement. Is this true, or can you organize all 3 lances yourself? Can you please go into detail?

6. I'm not typically an RPer, but the more you look, the more you see 1 or more RP community/communities showing up and/or growing. In my past experience there can be some friction between RPer's and Non-RPer's and that's never good. Are there steps being taken to give RPer's an in-game outlet that is easily accessible but not overlapping normal/Non-RP communications, so as to help prevent Mr. Random Guy from picking a fight with Mr. RPer?

7. Will we be able to save Chassis Profiles so as to quickly and easily switch between builds? And can they be smart enough to say, retrieve the weapons/ammo we previously removed from the chassis and put on another mech if we don't have spares in inventory?

#22 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi all,

Question for the devs:

Could you expand on what the metagame will be like for faction players with regards to:

-Unit roles/positions (player created units)
-Senior command positions (i.e, PDZ, March Commander, House Leader)

Will senior command positions exist, how will players be chosen to occupy these positions and what exactly will they be able to do to affect, develop and direct military and/or economic strategy? Will this be similar to the way it was done in GEnie's MPBT?

#23 Wolfclaw

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,510 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostBulletChief, on 30 July 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Q: Will there be a friend system in MWO? Will it be possible to join a game with a friend/multiple friends on the same team?

Jesus H Christ...

This is one serious facepalm...

There is already a friend system and grouping system in the game.....

#24 DarkJaguar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Can we have conditional LRM firing modes based upon conditions that are either true or false before launch, I.E.

If
Target Locked=0
NARC Target=0
TAG Targeted=0
Then LRMs are fired in LOAL-S mode.

See below for all possible modes.

Posted Image

#25 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostWolfclaw, on 30 July 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Jesus H Christ...

<cough> NDA <cough> :D

#26 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostWolfclaw, on 30 July 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Jesus H Christ...

And watch, that will be one of the few questions they actually answer.

I second Dark Jaguar's questions. These are important questions for the comming Electronics Warfare. I do hope Active Probe, ECM, and Tag make it into the game. "Well, because that's the whole idea." I dare you to humiliate me, and yourself, by knowing that reference.

Edited by Rhyshaelkan, 30 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#27 Serpentstar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have to place a bump on the trial location. The inability to test the mech out before action is a bit much not to mention hampering to lancemates. Being able to verify a controllers function is as important as knowing how to build a good mech.

How about a full list of commands that are available from within the game and making sure they can be mapped to a joystick.

Making sure that all came controllers can work. Just because someone feels that a TrackIR or other reactive controller shouldn't be allowed, please remember in the spirit of the game, that neurohelmets were part of the the design of all mechs. Even in one of the books in the first part of the series had it where someone lost an arm (Justin Xiang) used the effect of a usb device to use his fire controls. Let one make do with what they are able to.

Would that mean that because someone cannot afford or doesn't have a need for them doesn't mean that they should be permitted. If you think it's unfair, go buy one for yourself.

I have a TrackIR in addition to rudders. I can tell you MWO doesn't see it, but the mouse emulation works just fine.

And lastly, The Mech Lab. How about showing the maximum armor that can be placed on a mech in points. I keep trying to add armor, but when stuck with 8 out of 48 for a rear torso without a reason is a bit confusing and frustrating.

Oh and forgot one last thing... The ability to change the color of th targeting retical. I can't see it when in the trees. I have an issue with red/green. It shouldn't be that difficult for the player to be able to change that color.

Edited by Serpentstar, 30 July 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#28 Jerot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

-What else will we be able to spend Mechwarrior Credits on? Will it only be Mechs and Mechbays, or can we expect some extra customization (Camos, Fuzzy Dice for the Cockpit B), ect) or other things too?

Edited by Jerot, 30 July 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#29 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Double Heat Sinks.

#30 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I have nothing against equal play, but will you give each faction a unique look like base archeitures or flags in game modes for example?

Edited by Will9761, 30 July 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#31 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

1) By Open Beta will standing in water cool your mech faster?

2) Love the overhead map (Keystroke B), but currently you can't map it to any button, and also the scoreboard (tab) - would love to see those mappable to a button/trigger. When might we expect an update to keymapping?

#32 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

If I ask a question and you guys don't answer it, will you answer it if someone else asks?

#33 mazelaar

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Q: Are you going to put in some sort of tutorial? because without much explaining I found it hard to play the game.

#34 Wolfclaw

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,510 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostCaviel, on 30 July 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

<cough> NDA <cough> B)

Not really....

#35 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Will environmental destruction be added to the game a some point?

The game loses immersion rapidly when you don't see realism on the battlefield. The development team should spend extra time and resources to add environmental destruction to the game. Such effects include: trees catching fire from energy weapon impacts, trees getting crushed when a mech walks over it, small craters formed from missiles impacting ground, cracks forming on the windshield when mech takes damage to the head, steam generated when a overheated mech walks in water, etc.

Edited by Maverick01, 30 July 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#36 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Okay, Russ already said: Clans as playable.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 July 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

I think we would need to be brain dead to not want to sell Mad Cats to players. We have design and balance issues to figure out but we will get it sorted so players can play as the clans

just for those who may have missed this. My question, and this, I feel is important, how will the swap from being a IS House Pilot for Steiner or Marik or Kurita or even being Lone Wolf or Merc Corp <insert name here> Be handled for those of us who wish to make this change. If you cannot be specific for NDA type reasons, is it possible to make this change at all?

#37 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Will you have friend list in-game?

#38 Onisprite

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Forgive me if this has been answered but I cannot seem to get the search function to work.

Will our battle affect any of the cannon events (Say an in game event where the clans won on Tukayyid) due to how one day our time=one day story time.

Will we ever see events or game modes that have actual regimental/galaxy combat?

Edited by Onisprite, 30 July 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#39 Evex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Q: During the mech madness stream you guys went into a little detail about pilot skills. After were done unlocking all the tier one abilities on variant mechs. Do we need to keep the variant mech in our hangar to keep access to the tier two pilot skills, or will we lose all progress to skills if we decide to sell these variants?

#40 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Any chance of a reconnect feature being added for those who suffer game crashes / disconnects? Could invalidate people who quit through the game window or a 1-2 minute rejoin timer to limit any kid of abuse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users