Ask The Devs 12!

135 replies to this topic

#41 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

1. Maps - do the current plans include long range maps and if so, can you give us a tentative ETA for the first one?
2. Custom variants - a number of notable pilots fielded rather unique variants i.e. Atlas (AS7-WGS), Centurion (CN9-YLW2) etc. What are your plans in this regard?

#42 Anuri

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

Will there be an eject button? I don't care about running around as a pilot, i just want eject to commit a mech "suicide" during a no-win situation.

#43 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

In regard to the implementation of the Clans, Russ Bullock recently stated, "We have design and balance issues to figure out but we will get it sorted so players can play as the Clans."

What are some specific examples the mentioned "design and balance issues", and what are some specific examples of measures that PGI might undertake to address said issues?

#44 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Will Unit/Clan tags be implemented? Will warriors be able to change name?

#45 General Peron

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

- Are you going to implement in the maps certain paths that only small mechs can go? For example, a narrow path in a city map that a Commando can enter but not an Atlas
- Is there a way to change our Beta Profile? When i answered it, I didn't know what was an NDA (i'm from Latin America, my english is pretty bad) and I answered no. Now that I know what it is, I want to change it

Edited by General Peron, 31 July 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#46 Phii Phy Pho Phum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

Will we have a chance to choose an actual Call Sign or are we stuck with our Forum Name. I was obviously drunk when I made mine and would like to have the option to change it.

#47 Lawstar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLumberton, Texas

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

as i understand it..open beta begins on Aug 8 ..and our founders perks take effect on the same day...does this mean we will be able to purchase "things" (to be named later) as of Aug 8..and will all the confirmed mechs be available on Aug 8 or will you be introducing a few each week (or so) till open beta is done...also what is the proposed end of open beta ( and thus the actual release of the finished game)...

cudos on a fantastic game implementation so far!!!! looking forward to what the Devs have in store for us over the next few years..

#48 Alric Strife

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the pacific northwest

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

any way to update the site so it has a central easy to get to spot showing all available mechs? and any chance of getting the bushwacker or since the game will be real time will 3050 have the 3050 mechs then in 3051 we get the mechs from that year and so on up til the clan pownage and beyond to the point where ppl are throwing srms and machine guns on mining mechs to beat the crap out of others?

Edited by Alric Strife, 31 July 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#49 McHallen

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Question: Will there be a way to visually change the look of your mech from another? (Paint/emblems)

Also, Say i have a hunchback, and i take the torso gun off to add more armor all around (Dumb idea but just an example) Would the overall look of the mech change (IE, the torso gun disappearing and being replaced by normal looking chest armor) or would it stay there and just be unused?

#50 IIurricane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Q: Now that all the founders were invited into the beta. How long it will take to the open beta start? And non-founder to test the game?

Q: How long will the open beta be?

#51 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

When will we get the champion?

#52 JaxChris

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostOnisprite, on 30 July 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Forgive me if this has been answered but I cannot seem to get the search function to work.

Will our battle affect any of the cannon events (Say an in game event where the clans won on Tukayyid) due to how one day our time=one day story time.

Will we ever see events or game modes that have actual regimental/galaxy combat?

They have said that key IS territories will not be disputable or contestable as the ISNews feeds will signify changes and major events in the BT timeline that need to be implemented. So you personally, or your House, will not be able to actually determine or change the outcome of those events. Most contested territory will be limited to fringe areas and the Periphery that are not key to timeline events.

Fuller explanation below.

AskTheDevs 1 said:

At its core, the territory battle is a fight for resources – planets. Planets are divided into three types. Each type requires a more active level of participation by the player and as a result earns a greater reward.
  • Core Worlds – Are managed by the dev team. These are worlds that necessary for future planning and part of major historical events.
  • Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.
  • Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.
It’s important to state now, that worlds can change from Border to Faction to Core, or any combination thereof, at any time by the development team. This will be necessary to facilitate dramatic changes in faction territory control as we progress through some tumultuous times within the BattleTech® universe.

Edited by JaxChris, 31 July 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#53 BigRob

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Will this game have full AMD EYEFINITY and NVIDIA SURROUND support? Not like it is in beta. (onscreen UI elements are skewed, etc.)

#54 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Will this game have cutscenes?

#55 Kodan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can you add the ability to purchase mech bays without having all of them filled? I would prefer to be able to buy alot of mech slots at one time and then grind credits to fill them.

#56 PoorMansSniper

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Since you have to refill balistic weapon ammo, will there be an option to have it automatically refilled after every battle, instead of having to re-buy and put the ammo back onto the mech?

#57 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Can we expect to be able to select what map were qued up for, or select mechs after arriving at the map?

It feels like every time I get a long range mech I am in a close range map, and viseversa.

#58 spear

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAyr North Queensland, Australia.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hi
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but everyone asks about the mechs and weapons, but my question is about how if the teams can talk to each other or, if say 2 friends join together how can they talk.
Will there be in- house comms or do people have to load teamspeak or something else.
Thanks for you time.
spear

#59 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Will St Ives be included as a Succesor state?

Will you change the search function limit of 4 letters or over a word?

How are TT critical rules being implanted.

How will support be used and how will it work?

What is your favorite Battletech Novel?

Will St Ives be in here?

Edit:Those stupid color things.

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 31 July 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#60 JG52Krupi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Q. Clearly the current maps are medium to small in size, will we be getting larger maps and if so what size will they be in comparison to the current maps?

Q. At present we only have one game type which while admittedly very fun IMHO we desperately need a game mode that allows you to have a battle not what is essentially a very basic brawl, I envisage an hour long large campaign with rolling objectives (a base/flag capture and area denial etc).
Perhaps if your mech is destroyed/damaged you spawn in a tank and money earnt whilst in the game/map can be spent repairing your mech and others.

I know some of you will tell me to go play living legends but I really like the atmosphere that MWO has and I just don't have that feeling of piloting a mech in mwll.

P.s. If you like my questions please like, hopefully that will up the chances of the questions being answered, thanks!

Edited by JG52Krupi, 01 August 2012 - 12:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users