Your Favorite Mech and why?!

201 replies to this topic

#41 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image
Guillotine! Fast, packs a punch, and can take a beating too! It only has one ammo-dependent weapon, too!

Edited by SR Guillotine, 08 January 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#42 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Ax man. Big hatchet, AC20, good laser backup, and jump jets. About the only drawback is low top speed for closing but the jj's help.

#43 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostWyatt Earp, on 08 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

No Novacat fans??

novacat is my favourite medium mech or is he assault ?
but yeah i used him alot and he also looks cool i like simetric robots

#44 Phelan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPreparing for battle in Wolf Occupation Zone...

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Nova Cat is a heavy mech mate...

#45 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image

I'd have to say the Clint is currently my favorite mech. Its unfortunate that one can't really use it in any of the games because lighter mechs (and the AC/5) are practically useless. I enjoy that its a cheap recon unit with great range capabilities. 2 medium lasers can also pack a punch.

My other favorites are the Kit Fox (Uller), Urban Mech, Dragon, Crab, and King Crab.

#46 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Catapult or Longbow, I like LRM support and a rain of missiles flying in your direction. The missiles will bloat out the sun.

#47 AzureHydra

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

The owens~! A really fast light mech with a full missile load out. High speed maneuvering means you're safe from taking hits and the lock-on missiles means you never miss a shot. This combination allows you to dish out damage and dodge every enemy attack. Absolutely great mech. In MW4 you can fit one Thunderbolt missile on this bad boy and take out assaults without being scratched. hehehe

Posted Image

Edited by AzureHydra, 08 January 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#48 Mims

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

I like many battlemechs. many models and makes, the ones that stands out for me are.

IS: Uziel, Thanatos, Cyclops

Clan: Hellhound, Thor, Canis

Canis is my favorite though. Although Canis is not developed for another 10 years, it definantly wont be in MWO.

After thought: in MW4mercs release by mektek, the canis has slighlty reduced firepower for more speed. result is assault mech with speed of heavy but retains firepower of assault.

#49 Tyranneous

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

The Cougar, Pound for pound one of the best mechs out there. Its basically a frontline scout mech that is capable of taking on most mediums and, in my MW4 configuration(where it has 2 ER Large Lasers and 2 ER medium lasers) when it is properly piloted, can down some heavies.

#50 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostPhelan Kerensky, on 08 January 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Nova Cat is a heavy mech mate...

really ? O_o
man i really need to instal MW4 again ^_^

sry for that noobie fail ^_^

#51 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

I love so many mechs that i have to separate my favorites in classes...

Assault: In MW4, the Warlord(I could kiss the guy who put jumpjets on that Atlas!)....In MWLL the Mad Cat mark II, specifically the beat stick config...sniff...so beautiful! lol

Medium: In MW4, the Ryoken. It's got enough armor to last long enough in a fight to render your mech useless by the time you kill me...if i don't kill you first, hehe

Light: In MW4: The Puma. I was able to strip all the armor and put two LBX20s on that baby and loved taking down Assaults. Since i had to strip all the armor off to have enough tonnage to put the LBX20s on it i die in like one, maby two shots but still fun as all get out. The config wasn't even my idea. I got it from somebody who kept whooping me while i was driving a Dasher a few years ago. That little mech was brutal, haha.

#52 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

My favorite 'Mech? I was going to list a bunch of them, but then as I made the list I realized they all boiled down to a couple of chassis in various configurations.

Light:
LCT-5M Locust
http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=2946
1 ER Medium Laser and 4 ER Small Lasers, maximum armor for its tonnage, and kick-butt speed (194.4 km/h).

LCT-6S Locust
http://www.sarna.net...-5W2_Locust.jpg (probably similar in appearance to the LCT-5W2 model)
2 ER Medium Lasers and 1 ER Small Laser, max armor, Small cockpit, and quite possibly the fastest 'Mech ever (302.4 km/h with MASC, or 28 hexes per turn for the TT people).

Medium:
PXH-3PL Phoenix Hawk
http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=1089
1 Large Pulse Laser, 2 Medium Pulse Lasers, and 2 ER Small Lasers all hooked up to a Targeting Computer, near-max armor, good speed and jump jets.

PXH-7S Phoenix Hawk
http://www.sarna.net...hoenix_hawk.png
1 Large Pulse Laser, 4 Medium Lasers, maximum armor, more survivable due to Light engine, kick-butt speed for a Medium 'Mech due to MASC (129.6 km/h) and jump jets, full-head ejection system.

The original multi-channel Tek BattleCom communications system made the Phoenix Hawk well-suited to a command and forward operations role. The 'Mech often commanded scout lances. The original Tek Tru-Trak targeting system was also very advanced. Both knowledge of how to manufacture both systems was lost during the Succession Wars, but recovered along with other LosTech around the time of the Clan invasion.

Heavy:
MAD-5R Marauder
http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=6053
2 ER PPCs, 2 Medium Lasers and a Rotary Autocannon/5, near-maximum armor, Guardian ECM and a C3 Slave.

MAD-9M Marauder
http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=3294
4 ER Large Lasers and 2 Streak SRM-6 launchers (very unusual Marauder armament), near-maximum armor, Guardian ECM and TAG.

Like the Phoenix Hawk, the Marauder functioned well as a command 'Mech thanks to its advanced Dalban Micronics communications system. The Valiant Lamellor armor that the original Marauders carried was able to absorb more damage than other brands of armor, but the technology was lost during the Succession Wars. Like other lost technologies, it was recovered around the time of the Clan invasion.

Hmmm. I seem to gravitate toward scout or command 'Mechs.

...and yes, I like the Project Phoenix 'Mechs.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 08 January 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#53 Admiral Bosh

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostAzureHydra, on 08 January 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

The owens~! A really fast light mech with a full missile load out. High speed maneuvering means you're safe from taking hits and the lock-on missiles means you never miss a shot. This combination allows you to dish out damage and dodge every enemy attack. Absolutely great mech. In MW4 you can fit one Thunderbolt missile on this bad boy and take out assaults without being scratched. hehehe

OWENS IS THE BEST EVER.

Posted Image

The Dashi and the Vulture are the next best mechs.

I LOVE taking my Owens into combat against heavy mechs. I tear those losers appart at point blank, because i can run around them faster than they can traverse to track me. If you put lazers into it you can tear though anything and everything.

Up close, i will pop your Atlas with my Owens.

((((dashi is an ERPPC platform, Link up and one shot all the mechs stupid enought to show their faces. *nothing as confusing as a dashi pulling one shot wonder hit and run duty... *must be played to Queen: Another one Bites the Dust))))

Edited by Admiral Bosh, 08 January 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#54 Herra Julma

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Only one mech is Awesome ^_^

http://www.sarna.net...someFactory.jpg

Edited by Herra Julma, 08 January 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#55 Agust Bengtsen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostJack Gammel, on 06 January 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Hatchetman: can't beat an AC10 and a CC weapon powerful enough to tear up heavy mechs, and don't forget jumpjets and a specialized and revolutionary ejection system (if you're not good enough to win...).

Always prefered the Axeman, myself. For others, I always had a soft spot for the 3025 tech WVR-6M Wolverine (the LL variant) and the WHM-6D Warhammer (the one that dropped the SRMs, MGs, etc. for armor and enough heat sinks to handle the PPCs better), even in 3050 and later games. Resiliant, those.

#56 Stik

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Shadowcat, hands down. It's quick and agile, but it can be configured to be a real heavy hitter for close combat when you want to brawl, or for long range combat, or stripped down to be a fast sprinter for scouting.

A few years ago, I was very active in league play and I had a S'cat variant outfitted for up-close brawling that the rest of the Clan used to call my "happy 'mech," as in: "Look out, Stik's in his happy 'mech."

#57 Dragon Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

The Locust LCT-1E will always have a place near and dear in my heart. Not the stock model, but the variant that swaps out the machine guns and ammo for small lasers and a second medium. Incredibly fast, and capable of unleashing a powerful blow on the rear armor of lumbering heavy 'Mechs. An extremely efficient machine, it isn't prone to overheating, and is well armored for its size.

Posted Image

A close second is the JR7-D Jenner, another speedy 'Mech, but one that sacrifices a little speed for jump jets, allowing it to go places a Locust can't. It packs a bigger punch than the Locust, but it overheats like something twice its size. It also isn't armored any better than a Locust, a serious flaw for a 'Mech that mounts its primary weapons in its arms.

Posted Image

#58 Johnjay Haawk

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

The Marauder II. Dumps that worthless AC/5 for a LB-10x. A little slow but..... A 100 ton Marauder, need I say more. The clan Marauder is pretty bad ***, but just wrong. Always loved the Battlemaster too. All those Med Lasers, I mean, DAMN!

#59 Fidoc

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

For the Tabletop minis game my favorite mech has always been the Vixen. In the pc games, the Nova Cat is just brutal.

#60 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostLabMaus, on 08 January 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

sry for that noobie fail ^_^

It's actually pretty understandable. There's the occasional heavy that you think of and treat like an assault mech. The Nova Cat is one and the Rifleman is another.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users