• 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

The Dragon.

Short reason:
Posted Image

Longer reason:
Mostly a result of Mechwarrior 4.
It's fast, maneuverable, can be equipped with decent armor for its size.
All of which is helpful when i switch out the weapons for CQC. ^_^

#63 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostAgust Bengtsen, on 08 January 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Always prefered the Axeman, myself. For others, I always had a soft spot for the 3025 tech WVR-6M Wolverine (the LL variant) and the WHM-6D Warhammer (the one that dropped the SRMs, MGs, etc. for armor and enough heat sinks to handle the PPCs better), even in 3050 and later games. Resiliant, those.

That 6D Warhammer is my next favorite as well after the Axman although I would rather keep the SRM6 and drop the mgs and small lasers.

Edited by Skwisgaar Skwigelf, 08 January 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#64 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Blacklanner ...Love the meds,with a nice mix of range and in your face firepower. The Nova's are still sweet also.

#65 Leana

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that isn't here.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

There's a mech other than the Pheonix Hawk? (boggles)

I'm pretty sure that's the only mech, yepyep.

okok, Spider also.

#66 RyannVonDoom

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLaramie, Wyoming

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

I remember as a kid, always wondered why the Clan mechs would beat down the IS mechs.. they were so much cooler looking!

LW: SCB-9T.. would destroy **** in megamek with it.. the triple strength plus the hatchet would decapitate any mech it hit.

Medium: Shadowhawk fan big time.. Griffin GRF-1N also.

Heavy: Crusader.. was the armored veritech from Robotech.. Loved it. Marauder also. Axman Adam Steiner varient I loved.

Assualt: Awesome, Loved the 3 PPC varient.

#67 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

For me there can be only one! (Signature) ^_^
Why? Cause i just love it and almost everyone hates it! A mech just made for me. Ugly and nasty.

#68 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

To me, a mech is a mech. Each one has it's own size, playtype, and hardpoint setting. I don't really care any of that, considering I have a handle on most things ranging from trench brawling to fire support. I guess what it comes down to is looks for me, and that's why this bad boy gets the prize:
Posted Image
Don't care for the default loadout, so I replaced the Gauss with an LBX 10 AC, added an ERL and a Strk SRM6 in MW4. S cat can be a great infighter without compromising the awesome!

#69 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Shadow Hawk SHD-5M - "The -5M Shadow Hawk is the first complete overhaul and upgrade of the design. The chassis has been upgraded with Endo Steel, the engine is an extralight version, and the weapons load has undergone an almost complete renovation. The 'Mech uses double heat sinks, carries ten and a half tons of armor with CASE, and is armed with an Ultra Autocannon/5, LRM-20 launcher, Streak SRM-2, and a Medium Laser. In addition, the jumping distance is now a full 150 meters."

Layered offense, CASE, Jump Jets - All around great recon and strike 'Mech.

Intro's in 3048 according to MUL so it's as current as they come.

The older SHD-2D if the -5M is not available.

Posted Image

#70 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

hmmm....my favorite mech? Like all time favorite? It would probably be a Mad Dog/Vulture.....I first saw that mech in MW2 in its blocky form when I was 5, it was like the first mech I saw in the game just thought it looked awesome. I especially like the Vulture Mk IV model from WizkidsGames CMG, I thought that mech's model looked awesome. This here is the Vulture Mk IV I painted up to go along with my own army...sadly I wrecked it's dial when I spilled Paintthinner on it and then its leg broke and ive still not fixed it...thing is awesome...I like the Vulture...

Posted Image

#71 Autofire

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Summoner big time. Fine blend of armor, firepower, and speed.
Posted Image

#72 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Oh, wow. This is a tough one. Like a lot of people, I frankly love piloting assault mechs. The problem is that there are so many great mechs in that class I have trouble choosing one. I can tell you that I don't really like the Atlas, though.

#73 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

My over all would have to be the Wolverine. Specificly the WVR-7K. Has a large, medium, and small pulse laser. double SRM6's and jump jets. Whats not to love. Can jump in on a mech. knock it down with the double SRM6's, chew a hole in the torso as mech flops around trying to get back up and then send another salvo of 12 SRM's into the hole you just made and wave good bye as you jump jet away and do the same to another mech.

it is also named after my favorite Clan so it is also 20% cooler then other mechs.

#74 Lord General Death

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

My favorite mech was always been the thor/summoner
Posted Image

it has the right amount of armor and firepower
the thor also was not slow compared to omni mech of its 70 tons
sure three weapons was a small amount for its stock configuration
but its a omnimech which makes it very customizeable

#75 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostFyrwulf, on 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's actually pretty understandable. There's the occasional heavy that you think of and treat like an assault mech. The Nova Cat is one and the Rifleman is another.

thats true ^_^

#76 Livemansleeping

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

My favorite is the Thanatos Posted Image

It's a heavy mech design, but still fast. And if you put a few AC10's on this thing it tears up anything unlucky enough to happen to stand infront of it :3

#77 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

I see this as problamatic at best, there are so many mechs it is hard to decide on a single one. i think i would have to look at them by weight class.

Light mechs
.nighthawk
.talon
clan-
.piranha
.fire falcon

Medium mechs
.raijin
.lynx
.wolverine
.komodo
clan-
.crimson langur
.stalking spider
.black lanner
.ryoken

Heavy mechs
.marauder
.cestus
.thunderbolt
.barghest
.dragon fire
.maelstrom
clan-
.glass spyder
.arcas
.cauldron born
.marauder IIc
.blood reaper
.bruin

Assault mechs
.night star
.awsome
.goliath
.hatamoto chi
.marauder II
.battlemaster
.akuma
.viking
.hauptman
.fafnir
clan-
.marauder IIc2
.maskari/warhawk
.blood kite
.behemoth
.warhammer IIc

I pick these as favorites primarly on astetics a few on loadout, but mostly the way they look is what sells them.
i mean i could get a similar loadout is say an imp but i would rather take the same weapons in a marauder II just because the imp is so darn ugly.

#78 dconrad97

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

What's your favorite mech out of all of the games? If you feel like it, name some things you like and dislike.

#79 DFDelta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

PTR-6T Penetrator.

Lyran 75ton battlemech, fusion engine with 13 tons of armor (none of that XL engine crap that gets you killed), jump jets, 6 er medium lasers and 2 er large lasers all linked to a targeting computer, enough heat sinks to keep most of them firing, AMS.

Only disadvantage is the low speed of only 64km/h, but if thats a hindrance to you then you are not lyran enough.

#80 Dranon

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

More than my favorite? rather my favorite game... the first box set with the cardboard cute out's. The best thing about it was all the mech's had limited heat sink's so you have to pick and choose what you were going to shoot, walking would let you shot more and running less. It was great! But all said and done..... Rifleman or the Archer.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users