Your Favorite Mech and why?!

201 replies to this topic

#181 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

I have 2 favorite Mechs The resion I like them is I used them a lot in TT and have built my TT battalion with them I all so like the Archer.

http://www.sarna.net...025_bmaster.jpg

http://www.sarna.net...25_Cyclops1.jpg

#182 Karen Tupolov

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

The Mad Cat II and the Vulture are definitely tied for first on my list. Also a fan of the Black Knight, Thor, and the Koshi. It's hard to pick favorites when there's so many awesome ones!

(I seem to like the long range variants, also in love with the Catapult, Longbow, and Rifleman)

#183 Brian Pryde

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 15 August 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hmmm... what about the Rifleman featured in the Japanese release of BattleTech (where, as it happens, the 'Mech designs were done by Studio Nue, creators of Macross and the original Unseen artwork)? ;)

Yes I have that image as well but it isn't one of my favorites, still I suppose any proper homage to the Rifleman should contain all versions of it. I'll see if I can't squeeze that one in as well.

#184 BatshitBatman

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

A pair of gauss rifles, a slew of heavy lasers, and a generous dollop of armor.

The Blood Asp
Posted Image
I don't normally go for the larger ladies, but in this case I'll make an exception :D

#185 TheSprinkle

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 67 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image
THE BLITZKRIEG. Seriously, it's ******* awesome. An Ultra AC/20 on a 50 tonner that can still run 11 hexes in one turn. It's ******* Awesome.

#186 Fischkopp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

King Crab :D
great style, much firepower, not an ordinary mech...

#187 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Uziel. It's a fast medium 'mech with jump jets and it's armament is well balanced between lasers, ballistics, and missiles. In my opinion it is by far the closest a 'mech can get to perfection.

#188 Kimberly Stone

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Tempest. And I called it Caliban. Not very original, I know.

I think it had an XL engine, and on the paper game, that was a huge drawback. But in the MU*, it was coded wrong or something. It rarely caused a problem. I liked the range and mobility.

#189 Kenshi Wolf

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

well i like the Timberwolf as just an all around balanced icon that is a good leadership mech, but due to gameplay adjustments, for hte longest time i was a big fan of the Mektek Blackhawk/nova, while i know it is not faithful to the original, i felt it was the smarter design, with the legs being moved down so to allow torso twist and make it far more manuverable in combat. It really does make me wonder what wave lenght the creator of the original was on, to build it in such a way that hte legs cut the torso off from twisting like other mechs, and limit how it can fight.

#190 merc lord pritt

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostKeyMaster, on 06 January 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Mauler by far. Not only does it look totally bad *** i have fitted clan guess rifles to it in Machwarrior 4 (does anyone still play it?) and It rocks.

i still play and yes Mauler all the way!!

Uziel is the best mech i think i have ever used.... and my personal favorite

#191 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, my favorite mech is [REDACTED]... it's an AMAZING build!!!

#192 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Definately the Timberwolf. It is the perfect blend of firepower, speed and durability. Anything that out guns it can be outmanouvered by it. It has the best lines of any mech. I use a custom verson that is very close to the Prime
2 ER Large Lasers
2 ER Med Lasers
2 Artemis LRM 15's with 3 tons ammo (giving it twice the rounds for the same average damage as the 20's while being lighter and cooler)
3 ER Smalls OR 1 ER Small and 2 Micro SPLAS for anti infantry
2 additional double heat sinks for uber-coolage

Posted Image

Edited by rorik jorgensson, 23 September 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#193 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

the vulture:

Posted Image
just would be tough to come up with a better fire support mech than this.

Edited by Mazzyplz, 13 January 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#194 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

You can tell by my name:

Posted Image
Always loved this mech. Mechs with big guns haven't always been my best.
Back in MW4, it was quite fun to drive for fire support, regardless of what I put on it; not as fun in MWO, where I can take down at least 2 mechs that can be twice my mech's weight (sometimes even without ECM).

Edited by Raven IIC, 13 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#195 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

My favorite IS assault mechs are the Kracken and the Imp
The ten Ultra AC2 kracken is a floating crit nightmare (or was before the latest TT changes), And the IMP is the ultimate energy zombie assault.

I have favorites in other weight classes as well...

#196 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hellbringer. It may be a flawed design, but I love it. Ridiculous firepower? Check. High speed? Check. ECM and BAP? Check and check. It may not have been a super fantastic choice in a tabletop setting, but when you think about what it brings to the battlefield it makes for an incredible command mech. One which can hit at all ranges, hard, stay off the enemies' radar, and see without being seen. Plus it looks really, really good.

Posted Image

View PostMechrophilia, on 13 January 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

My favorite IS assault mechs are the Kracken and the Imp
The ten Ultra AC2 kracken is a floating crit nightmare (or was before the latest TT changes), And the IMP is the ultimate energy zombie assault.

I have favorites in other weight classes as well...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bane_(Kraken)

The Bane/Kraken is actually a clan machine. Second line.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 13 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#197 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Having been introduced to Battletech via MW2, the Timberwolf will probably always be my favorite. It's just so pretty! Also, like many here, I really like the design of the Uziel. Meanest looking mech would probably be the Mauler, and then there's the Marauder, which is so ugly that it somehow paradoxically manages to look nice.

#198 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

if i decide by optics, i say Bushwacker... it´s just THE Battlemech for me..
.Posted Image

(picture borrowed from http://www.mechwarri...-1117783095.jpg)

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 14 January 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#199 Gundancer

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Well, I'm both an I.S. and Fed Purist... And, from the Board Game point of view, I'm gonna go with my absolute, all-time favorite, the ENF-5D Enforcer.
Posted Image

Jump-Capable 50-tonner on par with the Centurion (Jump Jets replace the CN's LRM Rack, and the Laser is a heavier Large Laser), I've found that by pulling the LL and the head-mount Small Laser, and replacing them and the AC-10 with a Gauss-Rifle, you have an amazing Sniper Platform that can be used in a wide variety of environments, including urban and mountainous. But, even in it's stock configuration, the Enforcer, in all variants, makes for a powerhouse 'Mech in urban operations, and can take down many heavier 'Mechs by litterally jumping rings around them.

#200 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostBattleBadger, on 06 January 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Salamander that Archer Christifori used in Measure of a Hero. I dont like the original version that is a missile boat. Not my style of playing, I like lasers. I just always wanted a game to have a salamander that i could customize since that book. And if im not mistaken it wasnt even in the mektek expansion that had an enormous amount of mechs.

Archer Christifori did not pilot a Salamnder in Measure of a Hero. he pilots a Penetrator with two ER Large lasers and 6 medium pulse lasers and was refitted with clan ER LArge. He pilots a Black Jack later on in the covert op he ran in the book. He wanted to hunt down the guy in the Salamander though...

My copy is in tatters :D

anyways..I like ..them all..hard to say which one I like the best...but I can say....I hate the commandos....

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users