I refuse to buy MWO..

163 replies to this topic

#141 Fides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

It's a fair comment, and am sure he will just have to wait for it to go F2P.

It was a difficult decision for me to, to pay $120 up front for a game I had never seen before, but I went for it. It's more than I have ever paid up front for a game even a pre-order or a collector's edition.

I think the clincher for me though was that I have played every mechwarrior game that has ever been released and have been waiting for a sequel for so many years, its a no brainer to want to play this.

I also think the mention of venture capital is a very apt comment, I personally think it is more a cash flow situation, but they are offering quite a nice incentive too, so all in all I am happyish!

Edited by Fides, 01 August 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#142 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

wow this community has gone to **** already

adios.

Pues hala, chaval. Que te cunda.

#143 pvtbryan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

until I have actualy tried it myself.

Money is very tight for me and cannot afford to spend 30 dollars for something I may not like.

I may just have to wait until its F2P release whenever that is.

Well... alright then. (?)

#144 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Money is very tight for me and cannot afford to spend 30 dollars for something I may not like.

Okay we'll see you never

#145 acheronlv426

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

I have to wait until F2P, actually I have to wait until I have the money to put together a new computer which will probably be next tax refund. Stupid real life getting in the way of mechsplody goodness.....

#146 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

#147 Lin Shai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

wow this community has gone to **** already

adios.

I'm sorry, what exactly were you expecting?

Your post was basically a troll, with no purpose other than attention seeking / validation from other trolls.

You're not "buying" a f2p game with the founders pack; it's a kickstarter with the rewards being closed beta access and some perks when the game is released.

No one's forcing you to buy it, or even asking you to. If you're not interested then waiting for the game to actually be released would be the appropriate course of action. It's a f2p game. You'll be able to play it ... for free.

#148 Dutch Fixer040

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

This guy is just trolling and laughing about how much attention he's getting......if he was really he wouldn't be spending time on the internet.

#149 SilverSkull

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

tbh I go hungry sometimes, and the 30 dollars i could spend on founders pack, i could eat good food with, i cannot afford the luxary of having faith.

"try savin fo a ditonary"

:P

#150 Shephard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

So what do you do for ANY other game? Very very very few consoles games have demos anymore. Did you say "I refuse to buy Mass Effect until Bioware gives me a free one first!"

#151 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

so...like...that was completely unnecessary...you could have just kept that to yourself..seriously.

#152 Todd Lee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

While I do agree that this thread was entirely unneccessary, the amount of flame that it has produced has truly demonstrated the face of human nature. For some reason it is impossible for people to respect one anothers opinion, and let it be. Instead we have to belittle one another and act like a bunch of Neanderthals that want to pummel one another with our wooden clubs.

People simply want to have a chance of checking out the game before committing, which is and has been an option due to demos. Why that's so much of an issue with you all? I've not the slightest idea, but I do think that Piranha would make significantly more money if they continued the "Founders Program" well past the closed beta session.

Edited by Todd Lee, 31 July 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#153 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostTodd Lee, on 31 July 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

While I do agree that this thread was entirely unneccessary, the amount of flame that it has produced has truly demonstrated the face of human nature. For some reason it is impossible for people to respect one anothers opinion, and let it be. Instead we have to belittle one another and act like a bunch of Neanderthals that want to pummel one another with our wooden clubs.

"As long as there will be man, there will be wars." :P

However, people here could behave a bit less agressively, they just don't want to... :)

#154 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostItchypantz, on 31 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Has anyone considered that many of you have paid twice the usual amount that a video game costs for a video game that is not even an actual reality yet?

Don't get me wrong. I play every day and I will likely drop the dough this week, (before Aug 7) as a Bday present to me, but... have you considered that? Twice the amount of a normal game for a Free 2 Play title that is not even available. What we are really providing is venture capital. We are saying that we want for this to be a success so much that we are willing to pay twice as much as a blockbuster title in hopes that millions of others will join us for free.

This is exactly the reason i bought a founders pack. Anyone who wants to dive into bringing back a mechwarior game a reality after all this time desevers it frankly.

dev blog 0 was such a perfect sweetener too.

#155 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Honestly, I would have loved to buy the Founder's Pack, but sadly I can't afford it. If they would have lowered the prices down just a little bit, I would have bought it. But for now, It is wiser to save up and wait for my time.

However there is one minor problem I have with the Founder's program, why pay $60 for just one mech? I mean with two mechs for $60 it is understandable but for one, why?

It's a shame too, I always wanted to have a Lyran Atlas in my Mech Hangar. :P

I know the The Founders Pack gives you these for paying:
$30 for Blue tag. I know you get additional C-bills but, that won't be till after the game's launch.
$60 for 1 Mech
$120 for All Mechs

But there could be a better way to offer good prizes while also helping people save more, like these for example:
$20 for 1 Mech
$60 for 2 Mechs
$120 all Mechs

But at least it's optional for those who want to buy it and those who do not.

Edited by Will9761, 31 July 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#156 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well No one is forcing you to buy a founders pack..... Hopfully August 7th we will all be allowed to test the game before its released.

Honestly your tone seems a bit like a spoiled brat whos daddeh refuses to buy you the same toy truck little johnny has down the street. Your basicly throwing a tantrum right here in the middle of the forum... like a child.

I will say i agree with the person that said all the founders packs are intended for is to generate funds for a game that is taking entirely too long to make. And now the Beta is the carret on a stick basicly.

See you guys August 7th..... I hope.

#157 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostItchypantz, on 31 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Has anyone considered that many of you have paid twice the usual amount that a video game costs for a video game that is not even an actual reality yet?

Don't get me wrong. I play every day and I will likely drop the dough this week, (before Aug 7) as a Bday present to me, but... have you considered that? Twice the amount of a normal game for a Free 2 Play title that is not even available. What we are really providing is venture capital. We are saying that we want for this to be a success so much that we are willing to pay twice as much as a blockbuster title in hopes that millions of others will join us for free.
I paid for the Heavy Metal Pro programs when I beta tested them. So I paid for a program that may not have made it to finished product, as it was a passion project. True it wasn't $120 which is a lot but I paid $60 Got an Atlas and I'm ready to fire up the reactor. Just saying there are more than one level of commitment.

I'm not ashamed of having money that is disposable. I worked long and hard to have it. To the OP, I've been in your shoes. You are making the wise choice. Eating is much more important than a game... ANY game.

#158 CurrentPilotName

• PipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 28 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostOutburst, on 31 July 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

In Germany we have a proverb: Your opinion is just as important as a bag of rice tilting over somewhere in china.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#159 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

"I refuse to buy a free-to-play game"

Fail.

#160 Trickster Fox

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm sorry but troll is a troll is a troll. If you have no money to pay 30 for a game, and say you go hungry then how the F*** can you afford net fee or computer... or even that matter the time to sit on said computer and whine about not paying. I'm sorry but when I was without a job for almost 7 months, I was gone every day walking around looking for a job, or spare work, or something to make ends meet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users