163 replies to this topic

#121 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostPython46, on 31 July 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

here's a clue for all of you wanting to jump on the OP for saying what he said. the only one who comes off looking bad, because of your post, is you. you don't represent yourself, your family or this community in a positive light when you jump on someone for posting their opinion, based on their current situation. maybe he shouldn't have posted this the way he did, and maybe he should have simply screamed it at the ceiling, at home, rather than posting at all. but the fact he posted it doesn't give you the right to come on and trash him, the way the vast majority of you have. i really don't care if your daddy is rich or you are single and have no responsibilities in life, or you are retired and have the money to buy a $120 founders pack or not. if you don't like his post, then don't reply. if he's a troll, replying is just feeding the troll. beyond that, try applying the thumper theory(if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all). you do no one any good by posting negative comments, and, if you really don't like the topic, it'll go away much faster if you just leave it alone and don't reply.

PhoenixStorm, the true trolls are the ones who choose to use their status as purchasers of founders packs as some form of superiority over others. and unfortunately, you will find that many of the people who will spend a large chunk of change on a game, whether it's in beta, post-release or for mods, etc, are the ones most communities would rather not have in them. while i empathize with your circumstances, i'm not sure the value of your post, other than to vent your frustration over being unable to join the party, now, rather than after release. but few, if any of the people here will care over much about why you can't spend $30, $60 or $120 on founders packs. and the ones who do likely won't reply. just bide your time and play the game when it becomes available, or don't. the decision is always yours and nobody else can make it for you.

Want to know what makes you come off looking really bad? Not using capitol letters to begin sentences.

#122 Outburst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostPython46, on 31 July 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

here's a clue for all of you wanting to jump on the OP for saying what he said. the only one who comes off looking bad, because of your post, is you. you don't represent yourself, your family or this community in a positive light when you jump on someone for posting their .... blablabla

Oh man.... he is one of the funniest.
This guys don´t even notice that in this thread was started by 1 troll, who gets jumped by 50 trolls...

Maybee you take things to sirious?
But haha! Best thread besides the Meme-Thread.

Edited by Outburst, 31 July 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#123 Xytaglyph

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

wow this community has gone to **** already

adios.

lol@thisguy
I love this community so far, you cant come onto any forum with a comment like this and expect hugs and kisses.

#124 Eternal Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Gah..wall of text(s)... So....erm, IMHO conclusion: He needs to get a job so he can buy founders :o

#125 Nulnoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

#126 Phoenix Dark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm starting to think that the OP was one of the devs getting bored at work... :o

It's a priceless bit of trolling and for some reason me, and 86 other users (as I'm typing...), just can't bring ourselves to leave it ;)

Cheers all,

Phoenix.

#127 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostOutburst, on 31 July 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

In Germany we have a proverb: Your opinion is just as important as a bag of rice tilting over somewhere in china.

I thought Germans weren't funny...

Southpark lied to me.

#128 The Enigmatist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostAveren, on 31 July 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

chances are good that we will paly this game twice as long as AAA title

It's a fair point and I have nothing aginst supporting things like this, I guess when one walks into a game store or buys digital online you are infact getting the finished item [patches aside] Ahem.....

I remember when Star Trek Online came out then went F2P, I only got it when it was F2P and didn't pay for it. that aside since I have palyed it I have spend real money on some upgrades - ship & character slots mainly. So I think there is a market opportunity maybe for all walks of gamer to get what they want out of the game.

One thing that sticks in my mind is that my all time fave series MechWarrior has not had any professional [non fan based] development for many years and how much I actually miss the story. It's a great univers and one that has been inder utilised in our modern digital age so far

Looking forward to it now thanks everyone :)

#129 Artama543

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

The only founders i find worth the money is elite and only because its items easily outweigh the prics like 80$ of ingame currency already heads it alone

#130 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostItchypantz, on 31 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Has anyone considered that many of you have paid twice the usual amount that a video game costs for a video game that is not even an actual reality yet?

Don't get me wrong. I play every day and I will likely drop the dough this week, (before Aug 7) as a Bday present to me, but... have you considered that? Twice the amount of a normal game for a Free 2 Play title that is not even available. What we are really providing is venture capital. We are saying that we want for this to be a success so much that we are willing to pay twice as much as a blockbuster title in hopes that millions of others will join us for free.

how much did you pay for a call of derpy ? how long you're going to play the singel player befor joining a total broken grind multiplayer for all the perks and guns and stuff ? how much ary your ready to pay for Battlfield ? when you know that EA would most likly keep it alive for a year and than throw a new BF at you with new DLCs and stuff you HAVE to buy ?

#131 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Since this game is Free 2 Play, you're not obligated to buy anything in order to play it at all. Your post makes zero sense. :)

#132 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

it is OK to not pay for the founder packs, its OK to play for free.. relax and welcome the folks that might not have the disposable funds. Remember, we need fodder... and if you scare off the fodder.. you will be facing me! (king fodder)

#133 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Seven pages of important information...

Posted Image

#134 0101101

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationThe Pirate's Lair, Germany

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostKrzdr, on 31 July 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Yeah Phenix Go boy! Wait until it go f2p, after that you will be able to complain on the "over abusive founder mech". The one you can't have because you need to eat.

:) :D :mellow:

#135 Hexcaliber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

You are not purchasing the game, MWO is a f2p title; the founders pack is a leg up, offering better value for money on your first purchase of MC credits and potentially access to one or four custom mecs that have a slightly better c bill reward per round. The developers need to make a living from the title, to eat, develop and continue to support the title, therefore it will have a cash shop.

By showing our faith in the product now and helping support development costs we get a better return on our initial payout and access to the beta test

Edited by Hexcaliber, 31 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#136 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

No offense intended, but if you need to choose between Founders pack and food, you should cancel your internet connection and save that monthly payment.

#137 Outburst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 31 July 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

I thought Germans weren't funny...

Southpark lied to me.

Thanks! We are improving our humor since 67 years. And since the berlin wall went down 22 years ago, we also turned sarcastic.

#138 Tugger Nuts

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostItchypantz, on 31 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Has anyone considered that many of you have paid twice the usual amount that a video game costs for a video game that is not even an actual reality yet?

Don't get me wrong. I play every day and I will likely drop the dough this week, (before Aug 7) as a Bday present to me, but... have you considered that? Twice the amount of a normal game for a Free 2 Play title that is not even available. What we are really providing is venture capital. We are saying that we want for this to be a success so much that we are willing to pay twice as much as a blockbuster title in hopes that millions of others will join us for free.

Duh

#139 BadAppel7017

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBurnsville, MN (USA)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

omg....

#140 MR Cartmen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 31 July 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

to the OP: congratulations on showing that you are not the kind of person that the founders packs are intended for.

founders packs are intended for people who have faith that MWO will be a good game and are willing to invest in the game.

Well you are right that you think he is not intended for it but still does that make the founder's pack like cheating even know the creator's are wanting some profit's in there way to improve the game because it like cost. i guess i could think about getting the $30 dollar one its like why not. but one more answer to anyone who see's this does it have to be the legendary pack for it to get in beta?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users