I refuse to buy MWO..

163 replies to this topic

#81 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostBlack Storm, on 31 July 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

NDA?

All Founders are in the BETA now, and anyone from this point on that buys a Founder pack gets access to the BETA. Founders are allowed to say thier in the BETA, but we're not allowed to speak about the actual game play.

View PostScytale, on 31 July 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm not so sure that he'd be doing it wrong. His circumstances may just be different.
Just coz you have no regrets doesn't mean he won't~

Actually, he/she is doing it wrong, and that goes for anyone that can't afford to spend $30 on themselves. If your budget is so stretched that you don't have $30, buy some bolonga and bread and pack your lunch instead of eating McDonalds for a week, don't drink alcohol that week(coming from someone that used to have a problem with this, if this is a problem for you, then you have a problem with alcohol). Just shift where your spending money on non-necessity items to free up $30 for the least expensive pack.

If you just don't have $30 because your just broke, *** are you doing here, go get a freaking job, even if it's just flipping burgers, bagging groceries, or working at 7/11. If your already at that point, and can't afford the $30 then, I'm sorry your in that position. But don't come here complaigning about it. Get out and do something about it.

View PostJaws007, on 31 July 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

to many jerks in this forum Phoenix dont mind them. they all act like rich people that dont care, im surprised they even took the time to respond to your post due to thier over inflated wallets (egos).

It just $30 freaking dollars. That's nothing really. If you can't afford to spend $30 on yourself, there are other things you should be doing besides posting on a gaming forum, like bettering your finacial situation.

But then again, if the OP can't afford $30, chances are he/she doesn't have a computer strong enough to play MW:O

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 31 July 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#82 Qayos

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

until I have actualy tried it myself.

Money is very tight for me and cannot afford to spend 30 dollars for something I may not like.

I may just have to wait until its F2P release whenever that is.

If your post is along the lines of "I really want into Closed Beta, so if you guys want my money invite me" then I'll just let you know that doesn't work.

If your post is sincere, there will be an open beta period, so you will get a chance to play before the game goes live. I just don't know if the founder's packages are going to be around then. But with a F2P set up, there will always be something cool that we can spend money on to get.

#83 Phii Phy Pho Phum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

So from this I can take only one thing.

If you can't afford to eat, the last thing that you should be worrying about is if you want to spend 30 bucks on serious internet robots.

#84 Ravyn

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostRonBatty, on 31 July 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I like how you have to cash out on something that is in CBT and doesnt even have system requirements released. I certainly hope those who bought any of the founders packs will be able to play the game at all.

Hmmm no Sys reqs? Really? Did you look? Its all over the forums.

http://mwomercs.com/...veloper-update/

As a founder, Im in the beta now and I do not regret my purchase in anyway, that should give you an idea on how I feel about it.

Have a great day :P

#85 VikingMaekel

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationOstend, Flanders

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

View Postoptimal pain, on 31 July 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

ITT: lots of people feeling butthurt about having spent their money bashing OP for making a valid point.

All the guys posting they don't care: if you didn't, you wouldn't bother posting. (Like me, until I've read through the sh*tstorm you clowns started here.)

And yes, this is on of the most fanboy-ish, conservative and hostile to newcomers communities I've ever seen. On par with the pre-Fallout 3 NMA, I'd say.

Yes, exactly that.

OP said he can't afford dishing out $30 on something he may not like. In my opinion that is a fair and valid and TBH nothing anyone else should take offence at, and especially not the kind of recockulous claims of OP not being able to buy food but having internet etc. You don't know his situation (neither do I, but it's dumb to just speculate with outlandish claims).

Someone else might have $120 spare cash and deciding to blow it on a game on good faith. In my opinion that is equally fair and valid.

Seriously people fanbois, grow up.

#86 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostOutburst, on 31 July 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

Hehe... complete different meaning.
The famous bag of rice in china means, you have information about a bag of rice in china, this bag fell over. Which informational value you get from knowing about this bag? Can you go and raise it up again? Maybee it is extreme important for the chinese owner of this bag?
BUT WE COULDN´T CARE LESS!

The guy who made this thread may have his intentions, but why is he bothering us?

Probably more relevant if it were a bag of rice in North Korea :P

#87 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Wait, he goes hungry he says, but he has a PC, and internet connection....methinks this persons priorities are a bit skewed yes?!? I LOVE my PC and my games...but ill be DAYUMED if i give up food for them...lmao.

#88 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Well I for one I'm really glad to know he can't spend money on this possibility. Not sure why but he told us so I feel informed.

Of course that's the entire point of F2P so I don't know why he posted it at all really. Play it and decide, that's what you're supposed to do here. Unless you want to throw money down now but that's optional.

#89 Celldoor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Logic should prevail... most can loose one thing to gain another. I removed texting from phone and moved on biggest gain... Auto insurance. I have mentioned checking with auto insurance agent to get new quote,, i did and saved a bundle.. this idea has caused at least 6 people to find a way to invest in the best damn game ever.. i can see what it will become. With Russ as captain of this game, we can have no less than the best.. just read his many posts... he Cares for this game greatly. Now to Paul, he is a stressed out guy with a banquet before him, so much can be done and still needs done . OK< i seem to be makin a speech. Sorry for that but point is " How much do you like Mechwarrior franchise".. I was able to find a way to help. Even a guy who let his parents pay for his insurance called and saved by claiming to not drive his car but 10% of this time. told them he used 50 cc scooter to get around school and work, lol cut his insurance costs by $180.. he found his way

#90 MAD DOG MOS

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

OP, Facebook mate for personal stories :P

Edited by MAD DOG MOS, 31 July 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#91 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Skint, proud and patient!
[Using works internet!]
My finances will change. :P
Then I aim to be in there. :)
This is a great forum. Let it remain so.
I am happy in this playground and I look forward to MWO/BT experience!! :)

#92 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Why would someone post this? Do you beg for attention much? How would we respond?

"Oh. Its ok man. MW:O will be open beta soon so you can QQ while in the game instead of using the forums."

Just go look at youtube videos until that comes. sheesh. Where do all these morons come from?

#93 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostBrokenDog, on 31 July 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Skint, proud and patient!
[Using works internet!]
My finances will change. :P
Then I aim to be in there. :)
This is a great forum. Let it remain so.
I am happy in this playground and I look forward to MWO/BT experience!! :)

That's the proper attitude. If you can't afford a Pack now. Be patient and when you can afford it, buy it. It's worth the investment and wait IMHO.

#94 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

tbh I go hungry sometimes, and the 30 dollars i could spend on founders pack, i could eat good food with, i cannot afford the luxary of having faith.

If you really are going hungry, then MWO is the least of your concerns. You might want to consider dropping your internet and television subscriptions, since Food trumps either of those.
The world is in hard times, there are plenty of people on this site that aren't working or only able to find part time work, and you're right for some people even a F2P game might be a luxury. The difference is they aren't posting about it, and to be honest, neither should you.

If nothing else, you should have just simply posted on one of the many other threads that are already out there, of how you don't want to pay for a founders pack. Because really we don't need more threads on the topic.

#95 Phoenix Dark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

Please don't bring the name Phoenix into disrepute again... :P

Jokes all,

Cheers PhoenixStorm and GL with MWO when it goes into open beta.

Phoenix.

#96 Narkamis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I remeber this game from its first days as a pen and paper all the way till now and its always been a good, Yes they may be charging more than you think they should or can maybe afford but If you think its to much wait for it to release to be free to play, If you have to decide between eating with thirty dollars or playing games you are not mature enough to maybe handle online gaming. Basically if you have to rearrange your life to get money for a game you should make the decision Education, Yourself, and Family come before a bunch of nicely written code on a screen we call a game now. Enjoy this game and have fun with it I fell it will be worth it and will be a blast to play and talk with all the Old guys i know that have played for years to the new ones discovering it and I may put money into it, but with five kids headed back to school and famialy responcibility I may have to start off with what ever I get at launch or I can work some overtime and grab one of the packs either way it will not stress me out or cuase me to not have food. So till I see you fellow warriors on the field watch ya six keep your good armour to them and watch your heat.

#97 Pook600

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostItchypantz, on 31 July 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Has anyone considered that many of you have paid twice the usual amount that a video game costs for a video game that is not even an actual reality yet?

Don't get me wrong. I play every day and I will likely drop the dough this week, (before Aug 7) as a Bday present to me, but... have you considered that? Twice the amount of a normal game for a Free 2 Play title that is not even available. What we are really providing is venture capital. We are saying that we want for this to be a success so much that we are willing to pay twice as much as a blockbuster title in hopes that millions of others will join us for free.

I consider the Founders Program as more of an Investment Program.
This is not a fully funded big box title. As such, the devs reached out to investors who want to see a successful MW game.

#98 Wolfclaw

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,510 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostPhoenixStorm, on 31 July 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

until I have actualy tried it myself.

Money is very tight for me and cannot afford to spend 30 dollars for something I may not like.

I may just have to wait until its F2P release whenever that is.

Posted Image

#99 Bloodshoot111

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 31 July 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

to the OP: congratulations on showing that you are not the kind of person that the founders packs are intended for.

founders packs are intended for people who have faith that MWO will be a good game and are willing to invest in the game.

piranha bytes did always ( ok i know gothic 3 ) a good job and i believe in them (:

#100 Philldoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 204 posts
  • LocationTurn Around...

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

I bought my package last night. At first I was a bit bummed because this game plays almost nothing like the games of the past. But after you figure out how it works. You realise it's actually damn fun. Yes, it's different, change is good. Embrace it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users