Why shouldn't there be trials?

84 replies to this topic

#81 Aaron DeChavilier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 February 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

There is nothing to agree or disagree with it. It is fact. You posted twice. You can reply to 2 or 10 people in the same post. However since you did make a challenge, I play MW4. If you have it we can have a trial.

if i can't tell you where to RP, don't tell him he can't post twice ;) there's no 'etiquette' sticky for enforcement so back off :)

While I can respect & appreciate what you say, this is not the TT. There are LOT more things we can do because we are not limited by a physical board with miniatures & have to rely on our imaginations to determine that a laser or a missile was fired & how it looked like, or how much our mech rocked when it got hit, or did that last shot by the enemy set off secondary explosions.

good to know you understand it's not the TT; ergo the canon doesn't have to be worshipped.

Everyone has their own ideas/wishes/visions for the game & it is up each individual to voice their own concern. We are not on PGI where we can sit down in a board room & say, "One group believes we should go this way & the other believes we should go that way. Let us compromise." We have NO say in the matter & can only HOPE we get stuff implemented that we want to see.

You cannot win a raffle if you do not buy a ticket. There is no guarantee you WILL win when you buy the ticket, but you have a better chance than the person who did not. So until the game comes out, (actually even after it does as there can always be patches/updates/fixes included after) I will continue to express what I would like to see.

sooooo; let Jack voice his there buddy, don't get in a tiff however if his opinion clashes with yours.

I will continue to express what I would like to see.

isn't that true of us all?

View PostJack Gallows, on 18 February 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

I never referenced the TT in my post, so I'm going to assume this isn't directed at me possibly, or you quite misunderstood my intentions. Regardless, I agree that we should not be limited by the TT, it can be a really strong reference, but much like the older games or any sourcebook, they don't have to be followed by the letter.

this, too

And that wasn't the point of my post either, to deter anyone from posting what they would like or ideas of how to implement them into MW:O. Take your other thread for example, while I may not agree with every specific, it's a great post. It lays out what you want, how you'd envision it (with the preface that you said you'd take suggestions, which is equally great!) with leeway to have a good discussion. It helps you, the rest of us, and the developers with MW:O. Please don't think anything I post is meant to deter you from brainstorming and voicing opinion, because that is direly important.

no need for apologies here, you were exercising your right to post what you want to say, where you want to say it.

Basically, some things need to bend from how they work in lore, just as you can't draw a 100% link from TT, sourcebook, or whatever else and expect it to always translate 100% into game. Just something to keep in mind, because MW:O should last a good while...but some extremes need to be avoided. Being a Clanner should mean something, just like being an IS pilot should feel like it means something, we just have to be careful in our considerations. I've seen a lot of good suggestions, I'm just trying to play a little devil's advocate to keep people thinking about their ideas and the impact it has on everyone.

Trial of Entry is the only trial I have an issue with being included. The others are fine but probably need to be tweaked from how they work directly in lore for quality of life reasons, but are important aspects of being a Clan warrior. I plan on addressing these in Jaroth's thread, so I'll end up replying there in length about how I feel each should work, or add to his overall idea.

loving it! unfortunately a lot of people here don't seem to realize this. I recommend looking up game architecture, and how games work, especially persistent MMO-style games like this, World of Tanks, Eve, and WoW. knowing how games like these work, and cross-referencing it with game architecture will really temper one's expectations for any game in development no matter how beloved.

Edited by Aaron DeChavilier, 19 February 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#82 FireNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 18 February 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

You bet it will....

;)

#83 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

@FireNova: I still don't see what issues you have with the idea of a given unit having some sort of ToE (maybe I am just slow). Pretty much all gaming guilds regardless of the game being played will insist on at least an interview prior to throwing you an invite. If a specific clan unit isn't too keen on accepting you without a ToE, why is it such a big deal?

#84 Fugu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You have to buy 'Mechs and the armament aswell as the repairs with C-bills, right?
Clantech should be more expensive to obtain as well as to maintain, that'd make sense to me at least. Wouldn't that automaticly prevent the more casual players from all joining clans?
I can imagine all the Call of Duty players you all seem to fear so much not wanting to spend a lot of time to be able to afford an omnimech with a decend set of weapons.

That would regulate the clan players in numbers and would give the IS players a good reason to play IS as they could afford good tech way easier.
I at least can't imagine you'd get a Stone Rhino for an apple and an egg. You should not have to earn the right to be in a clan but rather to actually have that tech and thus the point of being in a clan in the first place, taking all role playing aside.
Making a clan mech something not everyone can afford by playing for a couple of rounds makes that "weak" Atlas with it's "obsolete" tech look a whole lot more desirable.

When you give a player the option to get a couple of mechs with some nice weapons in the same time as you'd only be able to afford one very nice but expensive mech where every repair really hurts I can imagine most people rather playing IS automaticly.

That's just an idea, though.

#85 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Remember Clans do not operate that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users