#1361 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostShrekken, on 15 March 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

I think they will, though it would probably be among the last things they add.

Ok, I'm not too sure about this Dragon...
Posted Image

What do you guys think?

All things equal, I'd prefer the vertical strokes to horizontal.......it's a BIG mech, and the vert stripes should work better with trees, eh?

#1362 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

I think it'll be down to trial and error. Also, it'll depend on if we have forest and/or jungle maps. So fingers crossed for now. ;)

#1363 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

All the camo schemes have got me thinking.What happens if someone comes up with a camo scheme for Mechs that works so well you really do have difficulty in spotting them on the playing map?
Also,don't you think you should loose paint in the areas damaged.How realistic looking is the damage to the mech going to be?

#1364 bnther

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

I spent a couple of hours masking out a Vulture. I went kind of quick around the feet as I'm planning some shadows and fog anyhow. I'm hoping to be able to work a little on the background art this weekend. At any rate, here's the Vulture if anyone feels inclined to play with it.

Posted Image

#1365 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

To all the graphics gurus awesome work! Keep it up I just spent over an hour in this forum lol

#1366 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

Posted Image

#1367 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postrolling thunder, on 17 March 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

All the camo schemes have got me thinking.What happens if someone comes up with a camo scheme for Mechs that works so well you really do have difficulty in spotting them on the playing map?
Also,don't you think you should loose paint in the areas damaged.How realistic looking is the damage to the mech going to be?

The thing with camo is that it's mostly specific to the environment it's made for. But keep in mind that camo itself is meant to effectively break up the outline of the wearer, therefore deceiving the observer into thinking the wearer is just part of the environment. Currently, there is no standard camo that is completely effective in every single terrain type despite the best design efforts of the most recent camo types, eg. digicam, multicam.

While someone could very well create a really good forest camo that will make it very difficult to spot visually among trees, they would find that the same camo would act like a neon sign in a desert environment.

Being able to spot a target wearing camo is a skill every mech pilot should learn. And camo is something every mech pilot should think about using. In real life, I use camo when I play airsoft. Military vehicles use camo. So why pilot a walking display sign when you can have a tactical advantage... especially when you know how to use that advantage to it's full potential.

Edited by Shrekken, 17 March 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#1368 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

I was watching the gameplay footage.A Hunchback gets a blast of lasers accross its chest armour.The lasers left a burnt trail while it was in frame,not so sure if the damage stayed there because they swopped & changed with the footage.I'd like to think it would have been there until the end of the game.

#1369 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostKaemon, on 02 March 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

So I went through this entire thread last night (yes I was working...yes...I was bored).

And I thought, dang man I wish there was an easier way to view all of these repaints.

So I created one (I'm trying to fix the by:mwo.kaemon issue, but Flickr blows, everyone who made a repaint is listed on there, if I missed anyone or have the wrong person let me know).

This is not to direct attention anywhere else (it's the longest running thread in the forums) but just for a way to people to quickly find repaints they like without going through 62 pages of forum posts.

If people have major issues with it, PM me and I'll send it up as a group in Flickr (that might be better, as the batch file I wrote to upload this had serious issues dealing with the quoting pics, especially when people removed the quote frames).

;)

Also...it makes a killer slide show for your second monitor!

http://www.flickr.co...132114502/show/

Col. Hayden,

How about putting Kaemon's link (with credit) in an Edit on your first post on this thread? This would make this sooooo easier for quick historical browsing. No? Edit: That's until PGI puts our repaints in a fan library section of the artwork section of the mwomercs site that is...

Edited by Ironhawk, 17 March 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#1370 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Happy St. Patties Day
6th Donegal Guards Atlas
Posted Image

#1371 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I was pondering what would be a good urban camouflage. I guess it would vary from city to city but I could see a mech covered in graffiti being a good camo job in some places.

#1372 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

@Damocles-Nice Celtic knots!

#1373 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

May I suggest that we save some of these wonderfull skins for future use in the game. If the Dev team needs presets for the in game skins we have a ready made supply for almost every major faction already here!

#1374 Einfall

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Where is my Kodiak and Mad Cat at. =D

#1375 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostEinfall, on 17 March 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Where is my Kodiak and Mad Cat at. =D

Kerensky Cluster

#1376 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostDamocles, on 15 March 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Furillo BPM (Bolan Province Militia)
Atlas (Based off of the Ride of Thomas Hogarth)
Posted Image

I see what u did there!!! ;)

#1377 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

avoid cliches...kanji characters are a big no no if you wan to be original.

and highlanders, as in references to earth history would be a bit stupid since it's the future and the clans are all fictional. you'd be breaking the 4th wall.

just some suggestions, that's all.

#1378 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

At any rate, here's the Vulture if anyone feels inclined to play with it.

I think its been pretty much demonstrated that no one wants to repaint a 3D model, its too difficult.

and highlanders, as in references to earth history would be a bit stupid since it's the future and the clans are all fictional. you'd be breaking the 4th wall.
The Northwind Highlanders are a canonical part of the Btech setting. Just because its a few thousand years in the future does not mean that earths old cultures have been forgotten.

#1379 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

Hear Hear!

#1380 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postcinco, on 19 March 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

avoid cliches...kanji characters are a big no no if you wan to be original.

Eh, I used Kanji on a few, but in my defense I also used Hangeul, Cyrilic, Greek on other 'mechs. :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google,
  • Facebook