7732 replies to this topic

#2281 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 11 June 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

You could also do the tartan across that entire side torso like the mech is wearing a plaid.

Yeah, but that's kind of a nightmare to do right :P

#2282 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostBreakTheWind, on 06 June 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey. I used your template to make my own merc. Should I post it here? I will for now, tell me if you want it removed.

Posted Image

I made some upgrades and even added a third leg for more stability. Don't know what vinyls to add so I that's why it has only one on its protector. If someone wants the template, just tell me.

ok so triped, im guessing 125 tons? quad torso ppcs, some sort of new fangled tribarrel rotary ppc in the right arm, and you leave the left arm stock?! bah it should have a tri barrel rotary ppc left arm too! and 100 double heat sinks to handle constant fire!!!!!! and a 4th leg to make it a quad!!!!!!!!!!!

View PostBullet Magnet, on 10 June 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I've been trying to do up a color scheme for the Windbourne Highlanders, since our emblem uses the colors of the scottish flag, I figured that was a good scheme to go with for a mech repaint.

I'm not completly sold on some of the color patterns I did on the arms, but I really like idea of having a flag and a personal tartan emblazoned next to each other on the left side of the mech. You can see it here directly above the missile rack. I also like the blue stripe giong down the right leg, with the regimental insignia on the thigh. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

needs a kilt, otherwise its solid

#2283 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 10 June 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I had noticed lxxxl's version. I admit he did a damn good job on it and he does his research well. I appreciate your constructive comments, Adridos, and they motivated me to cook up the new version below, which I think is closer to the canonical 3D. First, a few notes:

1) 'Mech has been slightly rotated clockwise to make JJ feel of suspension and movement a bit more believable
2) Funny no one commented the inverted legs which are now more in line with the 'Mech's body, again to make the JJ flight more realistic. Long hours on reconstructing that left hip, but if it 'feels' natural then that's a good thing since that's what I have been going for.
3) Cockpit is the same, except for 2 things which may feed the illusion of distortion: a) reflection in the glass, :) slight body perspective adjustments were made on the left side from FD's original.
4) Though lxxxl's logic on weight distribution is sound and he did an excellent job with that Hunchie arm surgery, I have elected for the more classic weapon positioning.
5) I have changed the effect on the AC to make it more 'LBX'-like (or shotgun like)
6) Added a few touch-ups on the 'Mech itself, including St-Peter's Keys, a Papal cross and a movie reference
7) Hope you all enjoy!

Posted Image

I think this is your masterpiece, IH.

#2284 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostCatgirl, on 08 June 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Thought I might try a hand at an STK-8S...
Posted Image
Guess it'll be a while before we see Heavy Gauss Rifles and whatnot, but I can still dream!

I didn't see this coming. One of the best arts in this forum!

And she knows the canon!*

*I'm so in love.

#2285 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Bullet Magnet, why not on the comb on top of the things head? I agree the tartan should be more prominent. I have to ask, as well, is the tartan the colors of the WH? If not, you might research your own colors.

#2286 Anton Lysenko

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOverton, TX USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, Hayden! I like the 'mech name too. :)

Posted Image

#2287 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Nice Cataphract, mate. :)

#2288 TheFreeman

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem. Whenever I try to post my picture, I get a message "Error occured: post_too_short". I typed some text, so I'm sure it's not because of the length of my post. I tried changing the size and format of the picture, but I still get the error. Could anyone help, please?

#2289 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Ok these guys, might not be around until about 3065 but I like the paint scheme.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Blackfang, 11 June 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#2290 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Not a complaint, just an observation... the yellow looks almost like highlighter... shouldn't it be darker? Otherwise, an excellent job on Burr's Black Cobras. I actually had to go and do some research on them a minute ago, because I thought they were around as early as '25; alas, '67 is the earliest. I wonder, however, if they're supposed to be an extension, or re-consitution of the Crater Cobras? Doesn't matter, well-done.

#2291 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 11 June 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Not a complaint, just an observation... the yellow looks almost like highlighter... shouldn't it be darker? Otherwise, an excellent job on Burr's Black Cobras. I actually had to go and do some research on them a minute ago, because I thought they were around as early as '25; alas, '67 is the earliest. I wonder, however, if they're supposed to be an extension, or re-consitution of the Crater Cobras? Doesn't matter, well-done.

I see your point about the "highlights" sort of speak, but check the reference art: http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=3782 it very much is a highlight on the mechs, which is why I stuck with it.

EDIT: I believe they were a Crater Cobras regiment that broke off on their own supposedly? I'll have to dig out my field manual to be sure, but that's buried in a box somewhere after the move lol

Edited by Blackfang, 11 June 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#2292 TunaR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

No love for Ranvens? B)

#2293 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, I saw that before I posted last, Blackfang, and though you're right it just seems that, perhaps, it should be a bit darker...
What you have now is R 255, G, 255, B 0... I'm thinking, perhaps... R 225, G 225, B 0 would put it much closer to what they have on the Camo Specs page. Please don't misunderstand, what you have there is very close, and if you didn't take my advice, you wouldn't be wrong... just an observation is all. B)

#2294 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 11 June 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yeah, I saw that before I posted last, Blackfang, and though you're right it just seems that, perhaps, it should be a bit darker...
What you have now is R 255, G, 255, B 0... I'm thinking, perhaps... R 225, G 225, B 0 would put it much closer to what they have on the Camo Specs page. Please don't misunderstand, what you have there is very close, and if you didn't take my advice, you wouldn't be wrong... just an observation is all. B)

Hmm on flicking between camospecs and my own, perhaps it could be a bit "paler" on the yellow, not sure about darker. However I can't really be bothered to change it now, but on the raven I've started to complete the lance I think I'll try your suggestion and see what comes of it.

#2295 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

This eccentric officer from the Red Lancers got away with custom kill decals solely because of his battlefield track record.

Posted Image

#2296 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Any chance you could post a template for this remake?

Edited by maxoconnor, 12 June 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#2297 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

these repaint jobs are simply awesome

#2298 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Bullet Magnet,

I like it, perhaps try the compass rose on the shield, with the Tartan in the center of the compass rose. Other than that, I like it, just needs your call sign on it.

Chris

#2299 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

This is nothing close of what Hayden or Ironhawk could do, but here it goes:

Stalker for House Ma-Tsu Kai:

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: I heard someone talking about a TMNT Stalker...

EDIT2: added Stalker STK-3H.

Edited by Odanan, 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#2300 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

that's great, it actually looks like it's made of metal, slightly weathered, as well.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook