7732 replies to this topic

#2261 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 09 June 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Same reality goes for me actually. You and I are starting to share habits it seems. Intense work schedule til game opens at least. I will complete current engagements but will contribute only when I reasonably can. So no commissions either from the IH paintshop. In Fan Fiction terms, war is brewing and the Atlas Hunters are preparing.

Yes, Hayden, you have produced great work during your prolific period and your inignia and paint art excellence has become your trademark, no matter what your throughput.

One request: I could use a Stalker and a more recent Awesome template (the one I made for myself was drafty). If a generous soul could help here, I'd appreciate it!

I'll have more than those coming down the pipe.

#2262 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Oh and one more thing...

Did I ever introduce to you Pope Pain? If the X-Men have their Wolverine, the Atlas Hunters have the Pope. And we invite our targets to say their prayers!

Posted Image

#2263 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Really amazing. Whoever that Pope is, he must love it. ;)

Three things that don't matter, but just to set things on the right way: this variant can't mount jetpacks, the PPC effect is wrong and the cockpit is deformed for some reason. Only the cockpit is an issue, really. ;)

Nice to see one of your repaints after such a long time.

Edited by Adridos, 09 June 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#2264 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Amazing jump pope! ;)
Adrios, this variant does'nt have JJs, yea, but the gun in the torso is the AC10. The PPC is on the Arm.
That said, we still can use the other variant and keep the PPC and AC10 instead of uAC5 and LBX10 ^_^

#2265 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 June 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

That said, we still can use the other variant and keep the PPC and AC10 instead of uAC5 and LBX10 ^_^

I don't think 3D has enough energy slots on his hand to mount a PPC. But I'm not sure. ;)

#2266 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

When I get my home connection back I'm making a Coca Cola Stalker.

#2267 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

OK will be working on tweaking to 3D later today.

#2268 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 10 June 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

OK will be working on tweaking to 3D later today.

I'm sure someone tried to make one already at the start. You could use it as a general guide on how to solve some of teh problems that appear with remaking of the artwork. ^_^

Here, done by a Death Commando warrior himself, IxxxI:

Posted Image

Edited by Adridos, 10 June 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#2269 Hammer07

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationThe NCO Club

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

My lance allowed me to drive this custom CAT...

So here's " High Angle Hellin' " ...

Posted Image

If you're interested in BWC...check us out at http://the-bwc.com or
http://mwomercs.com/...-veteran-owned/ on the MWO forum.

Looking forward to seeing you all ingame :P

- Hammer07 out

Edited by Hammer07, 04 July 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#2270 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Very good paint! I especially like the name, it's a good twist.

#2271 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostAdridos, on 10 June 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

I'm sure someone tried to make one already at the start. You could use it as a general guide on how to solve some of teh problems that appear with remaking of the artwork. :P Here, done by a Death Commando warrior himself, IxxxI: Posted Image

I had noticed lxxxl's version. I admit he did a damn good job on it and he does his research well. I appreciate your constructive comments, Adridos, and they motivated me to cook up the new version below, which I think is closer to the canonical 3D. First, a few notes:

1) 'Mech has been slightly rotated clockwise to make JJ feel of suspension and movement a bit more believable
2) Funny no one commented the inverted legs which are now more in line with the 'Mech's body, again to make the JJ flight more realistic. Long hours on reconstructing that left hip, but if it 'feels' natural then that's a good thing since that's what I have been going for.
3) Cockpit is the same, except for 2 things which may feed the illusion of distortion: a) reflection in the glass, :wacko: slight body perspective adjustments were made on the left side from FD's original.
4) Though lxxxl's logic on weight distribution is sound and he did an excellent job with that Hunchie arm surgery, I have elected for the more classic weapon positioning.
5) I have changed the effect on the AC to make it more 'LBX'-like (or shotgun like)
6) Added a few touch-ups on the 'Mech itself, including St-Peter's Keys, a Papal cross and a movie reference
7) Hope you all enjoy!

Posted Image

#2272 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Very nice Ironhawk I'm so impressed, although (this may be too much work) I wonder if you're able to angle the toes of the mech downwards giving it an impression of being in the air? Unless you were going for a "takeoff" pose where one leg is up and the other is still on the ground?

#2273 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

After a discussion about clans with one of my unit members it made me wanted to do a repaint of one of my favourite clans, Hells Horses. So here's my attempt at an Alpha Keshik Awesome. Inspiration is from here: http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=5544

Posted Image

#2274 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostBlackfang, on 10 June 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Very nice Ironhawk I'm so impressed, although (this may be too much work) I wonder if you're able to angle the toes of the mech downwards giving it an impression of being in the air? Unless you were going for a "takeoff" pose where one leg is up and the other is still on the ground?

Actually, I pictured the 'Mech getting positioned for landing after jumping over that crater beneath it, its feet getting poised talon down just as a bird or plane would with its landing gear. Solely for convenience of reusing at max FD's concept art, I figured its left leg could be a bit late in the movement as it is used to compensate part of the LBX recoil, its thrust swaying the 'Mech slightly backwards on the right side without a counterbalance of some sort - neurohelmet would normally allow for such a reflex on a 'Mech... Aaaand I also wanted to finish that 'Mech at some point (I had started it not long after the Cataph's release). :P

#2275 SimpleSinner

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

For all that i have been excited about this game for months now... few forum posts have had me as hyped as all the diverse paint schemes i've seen here. gonna be a wild and crazy battlefield. :P so psyched...

#2276 Bullet Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

I've been trying to do up a color scheme for the Windbourne Highlanders, since our emblem uses the colors of the scottish flag, I figured that was a good scheme to go with for a mech repaint.

I'm not completly sold on some of the color patterns I did on the arms, but I really like idea of having a flag and a personal tartan emblazoned next to each other on the left side of the mech. You can see it here directly above the missile rack. I also like the blue stripe giong down the right leg, with the regimental insignia on the thigh. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

#2277 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostBullet Magnet, on 10 June 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I've been trying to do up a color scheme for the Windbourne Highlanders, since our emblem uses the colors of the scottish flag, I figured that was a good scheme to go with for a mech repaint.

I'm not completly sold on some of the color patterns I did on the arms, but I really like idea of having a flag and a personal tartan emblazoned next to each other on the left side of the mech. You can see it here directly above the missile rack. I also like the blue stripe giong down the right leg, with the regimental insignia on the thigh. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

I think it's pretty good, but the tartan should be in a more visible area?

#2278 Bullet Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostHayden, on 10 June 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I think it's pretty good, but the tartan should be in a more visible area?

Where are you thinking?

#2279 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostBullet Magnet, on 10 June 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Where are you thinking?

Well, I know it's a blatant rip-off of those other highlanders, but one of the thighs?

#2280 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

You could also do the tartan across that entire side torso like the mech is wearing a plaid.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook