• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I come here for the pretty pictures. I stay because it is relevant to my interests and because I respect the work the artists are doing.

#3822 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I, for one have been involved in the BT universe for so long I can't really remember anything else.

Sure I've played around with other games like StarFleetBattles, AD&D, Traveler and GURPS, but I have always come home to BT.

I want to believe with all my heart that Hayden has really opened a pandoras box with this thread. bringing in new people, a new generation if you will to the art of MW, the rich history (canon), the most memorable moments that would make you cry, the fantastic battles that will forever be ingrained in my memory, the political intrigue and just plan hatred of characters.

To the artist who have so closely and meticulously followed the paint schemes, I give you a thousand praises and one. to see first hand what I have only dreamed of what something would look like, is still today simply amazing.

I also know, in my heart that if it was not for the likes of (Hayden, Ironhawk, Darrin Thomason and FlyingDebris) and the new comers like (BushMaster, Allfex and Bishop Steiner) this thread would be dead.

I count myself lucky to have found this site, to be apart of something special, to be able to relive my glory days and see units through your eyes.
I thank you, every single one of you, all 3864!

Now that all the mushy stuff is said: :)

Hayden or Ironhawk; which one of you is going to start the "Clan Repainted Concept Art" thread and when?

#3823 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostPaul BlackJack Cady, on 23 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hayden or Ironhawk; which one of you is going to start the "Clan Repainted Concept Art" thread and when?

You know when :lol:

(EDIT: If the above was too cryptic... "when PGI begins releasing clanner concept art to the public")

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hayden, 24 February 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#3824 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Well then. Let us go forth and storm their offices with blazing pitchforks and retrieve said Clan concepts, shall we? :(

In all seriousness, I am extremely excited to see what they put out for the Clans. Especially the Hellbringer. :D

#3825 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've been looking for the MWO list of approved clan mech's. I found the list of IS mech's at (http://mwowiki.org/i...Confirmed_Mechs)

Does anyone know where that list may be for the public? (read: non-employee) :(

#3826 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

In all seriousness, I am extremely excited to see what they put out for the Clans. Especially the Hellbringer. :(

FD's lastest try at those: http://bg.battletech...r@1680x1050.jpg

I think we have a really good reason to be excited.

View PostPaul BlackJack Cady, on 24 February 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Does anyone know where that list may be for the public?

The list is created just on the announced mechs and their artwork. Heav over to the media section to see all the mechs in line waiting to be released.

Edited by Adridos, 24 February 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#3827 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 February 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

FD's lastest try at those: http://bg.battletech...r@1680x1050.jpg

I think we have a really good reason to be excited.

The list is created just on the announced mechs and their artwork. Heav over to the media section to see all the mechs in line waiting to be released.

Very cool!

#3828 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have always dreamed i could do a little "mechwarrior-game" on top of the unrealengine but since pgi came up with MWO i have scraped that dream. Sadly there is no place for another community-driven mechwarrior-game.

Since i have done some mechwarrior related stuff on this thread my heart beguns knocking again. But not alone for mechwarrior. The great community was the reason. This reminds me that i do such stuff not for me...i do it for the community!

And so i thinked again over my "little" gameproject and overworked it in again. It is a giant project for a one-man-army but this great community, that stays so strong behind there game says me i should do it. Thank you for this reminder!!

Short, i think i can not do so much more for this great thread and the awesome community but if you like giant robots, steampunkt and a gameplay like mechwarrior, i hope you like my little project to.

Sorry for that and my terrible english!

Spoiler

#3829 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 23 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I come here for the pretty pictures. I stay because it is relevant to my interests and because I respect the work the artists are doing.

^^ Exactly!

BTW: Hey Ironhawk! Any news about your revised Grasshopper redesign?

Edited by The Birdeater, 24 February 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#3830 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

because my K2 performs so well, and because i love it for its dakkadakka mgs:

Posted Image
2x ppc, 2x lpl, 2x mg
xl275

i'm so excited to see the clan concepts - can't wait to see the vulture and hope it'll be similar to the MW4 design (even though i know many many people love the classic design) on the wallpaper you can see the vulture mk IV (age of descruction refit) in the background - can't believe it's (probably) still months till we'll see clan concepts :ph34r:
either way, thanks to pg's designers, the catapult is my favorite besides the vulture :)

#3831 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 24 February 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

^^ Exactly!

BTW: Hey Ironhawk! Any news about your revised Grasshopper redesign?

Need to spare a few hours straight in order to finish it.

#3832 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

because i was too lazy writing my bachelor thesis last night, here another "tortuga" repaint and my first try to add "camouflage" xD:

Posted Image
ppc, 2srm6+artemis IV, 2ml, std250

Edited by Iacov, 26 February 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#3833 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

sorry Must Bump for the Glory of our precious thread... our precious

#3834 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Today is the day, my friends, when we will make our final stand in hopes of new artwork finally getting to us, so we could give it the right treatment it deserves and fulfill our dreams, dreams long forgotten by the day they stopped giving us new art regularly. And should our prayers be answered, should our dreams come true, I hereby pledge for all of us, that we will kick our thread back to life and do justice to the long forgotten memory of the fame of our precious thread.

Adridos, the warrior of house Liao with too many coloured pencils by his side, signing off. ;)

Edited by Adridos, 27 February 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#3835 00meat

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Posted ImageI've been working on this in maya for a bit, thought I would share.

#3836 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

in anticipation of the clan concepts i would have enjoyed recoloring the famous concept art of the classic vulture
http://www.sarna.net...ile:Mad_Dog.jpg

but somehow i don't mange to do it right - everytime i try to "grey it" via soft light layer and color layer i only get a plain white region
i've double checked everything (i'm using GIMP)...seems to be "manipulation protected" if something like this exists - or i'm simply stupid :/
what a pitty, would have loved seeing this beauty with some color

hope mech 20 gets revealed soon :P

#3837 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Idea-
Talking about suitable stand ins for the Warhammer on the BT forum and I started thinking about Orion: replace the two over sized medium lasers with PPC's and the LRMs for SRMs (saved weight for added Heat Sinks) would anyone like to try this on paper?

#3838 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 27 February 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Idea-
Talking about suitable stand ins for the Warhammer on the BT forum and I started thinking about Orion: replace the two over sized medium lasers with PPC's and the LRMs for SRMs (saved weight for added Heat Sinks) would anyone like to try this on paper?

On paper?
In the editor you can switch the Orions stuff to get the Warhammer yes.
Orion: 10HS, AC10, SRM4,LRM15, 2xML (100% armor)
Warhammer: 18HS, 2xMG (if 2 balistics in the RT), SRM6, 2xPPC, 100% armor, more than the original WHM-6R and same as the WHM6M (the one with 20hs instead of the MGs)

If you meant as a picture. maybe later :lol:

#3839 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Funny thing that the first repaint here got picked when I thought people prefered the cleaner second version below.
Thanks whoever picked the mech for facebook! :P

View PostReno Blade, on 28 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

I used the template by Nacon to get another DHB colored Mech done (after a long time).
I'm still making way too many layers and I'm not sure about multiply, color and other modes, because I prefere linked layers.
I will try to tweak it a bit with IronHawks template, maybe I can figure out where the wall is in front of me. Posted Image

This Orion in bright daylight is piloted by a Mechwarrior in Battalion 02, Company 01.
Posted Image

Trying around with the HDR-Base-Low layer and lower opacity of the shadows:

Posted Image

#3840 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

well...next time i think that an image is protected from being repainted i better check if the color mode is black and white or rgb xD

here is my mad dog repaint:
Posted Image

the original artwork is still the most beautiful
can't wait to repaint MWO's mad dog :angry:

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users