• The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 July 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Wow, much better than the original concept art colors!

PS: I didnt know the Jags let freebirths to pilot mechs (even if battlemechs)...

Well the 22nd Freebirth Cluster is listed in the Luthien module, and the Clans have to give the IIC Mechs to someone to pilot so.......... Each clan views Freebirths differently, but apparently even the SJ's use them. Thanks for the compliment.

#6602 GridIroN

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 July 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Wow, much better than the original concept art colors!

PS: I didnt know the Jags let freebirths to pilot mechs (even if battlemechs)...

View PostMax O'Connor, on 01 July 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

Well the 22nd Freebirth Cluster is listed in the Luthien module, and the Clans have to give the IIC Mechs to someone to pilot so.......... Each clan views Freebirths differently, but apparently even the SJ's use them. Thanks for the compliment.

Freebirth warriors come in handy as they're typically used for positions that would be considered unworthy of a trueborn warrior, like guarding ****** asteroid bases no one wants, or guarding PoW. All Clans use freebirths as they're more-or-less philosophically obligated to, however, some Clans just make it next to impossible for any Freebirth to actually qualify for warrior status. I know the Jade Falcons rig the warrior exam so only Trueborn pass. The Smoke Jaguars are a vicious clan so they probably do similar things.

#6603 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

IS that a jaguar in your pants? or you just happy to see me?

#6604 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostGridIroN, on 01 July 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Freebirth warriors come in handy as they're typically used for positions that would be considered unworthy of a trueborn warrior, like guarding ****** asteroid bases no one wants, or guarding PoW. All Clans use freebirths as they're more-or-less philosophically obligated to, however, some Clans just make it next to impossible for any Freebirth to actually qualify for warrior status. I know the Jade Falcons rig the warrior exam so only Trueborn pass. The Smoke Jaguars are a vicious clan so they probably do similar things.

I agree, but I think sheer pragmatics would force some clans to accept them even if they had to lower their standards for Warrior. Eventually you have to fill the cockpits with someone and if no one can meet your standards, then you have to lessen the restrictions, besides, I would guess that Trueborns would want to have someone around to belittle when they are between battles.

#6605 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

I have been wondering what people were talking about when they would complain about SJWs, and then it finally clicked: Smoke Jaguar Warriors. Well, that explains a lot...

:-P

#6606 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostMax O'Connor, on 01 July 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

This is a quickie, but I think it looks pretty good. 22nd Freebirth Cluster Highlander IIC.
Posted Image

May I pet your kitty? :ph34r:

#6607 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostCimarb, on 01 July 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

I have been wondering what people were talking about when they would complain about SJWs, and then it finally clicked: Smoke Jaguar Warriors. Well, that explains a lot...

:-P

in the case of Max's mech, that might stand for Smoke Jag Woody, actually....just saying.

#6608 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

https://youtu.be/YaREXlXUneI
I think this explains it all.

#6609 GridIroN

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostMax O'Connor, on 01 July 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

I agree, but I think sheer pragmatics would force some clans to accept them even if they had to lower their standards for Warrior. Eventually you have to fill the cockpits with someone and if no one can meet your standards, then you have to lessen the restrictions, besides, I would guess that Trueborns would want to have someone around to belittle when they are between battles.

Actually, they talk about this in BT14. Most clans would rather have empty cockpits than Freebirth pilots. They do a decent job of filing cockpits anyways, at least, the cockpits of fresh-off-the-line omnimechs. This was never a problem for the Clans before because they only ever fought amongst themselves, ie a small clan has fewer mechs and therefore, it doesn't matter if they produce fewer warriors anyways, and a large clan has more mechs, but has more territory to grow supersoldiers.

The real problem with this was that in fighting Inner Sphere warriors, a 45yr old pilot who's had 20yrs behind the controls is going to outperform a genetically superior super soldier who's only been in the field 5 years, given their gear is somewhat equal, or the disadvantages of their gear are nullified, and considering Clan pilots are considered useless after 35 and usually either retire to teaching, get into politics, or kill themselves, this screwed them over at Tukayyid.

#6610 Jonty Roodnick

Senior Texture Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 18 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 10 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Im back been awhile since i did another so here it is, The Khan special. I love this mech i dont even care if its meh in MW;O. :P Posted Image

I like it

#6611 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:50 PM

View PostJonty Roodnick, on 17 July 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

I like it

Posted Image

#6612 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 10 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Im back been awhile since i did another so here it is, The Khan special. I love this mech i dont even care if its meh in MW;O. :P

Posted Image

First....oh no you didn't just call the Zeus MEH. 6S is my Assault Jam.
Second.... Dang son, that is amazing!

#6613 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

First....oh no you didn't just call the Zeus MEH. 6S is my Assault Jam.
Second.... Dang son, that is amazing!

I ment other people call it meh. Its a guilty pleasure mech like the Summoner i still play and enjoy. Also people like the Mauler recolor aton so check that out. :P

#6614 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostMax O'Connor, on 01 July 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

This is a quickie, but I think it looks pretty good. 22nd Freebirth Cluster Highlander IIC.
Posted Image

Looks cool, part from the logo on his crotch.. <_<

#6615 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostBalvier, on 20 July 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Looks cool, part from the logo on his crotch.. <_<

where else do you put a pussycat?

#6616 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 July 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

In a sack and throw it down a bridge into a river.

#6617 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 July 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well you have a point but.. when ever I would go into battle I get the feeling that I would get pounded in my puss.... nvm :o that could be taken out of context. :lol:

On a more serious note that is a real nice camo redesign !

Edited by Balvier, 21 July 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#6618 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

I was reading my original Jade Falcon Clan source book the other night and I was inspired by the tale of Elizabeth Hazen to do up her Black Knight. She was originally a member of the Black Watch during her time as a Star League MechWarrior. After she left with General Kerensky, she fought in the battle that began the Civil War on the clan home worlds. She piloted a Black Knight her entire career as far as I can tell, so I did this one up how I imagined it would look. Standard Star League Olive Drab with a White head. Overlaid on the cockpit is an image of her beloved pet Turkina. On her right shoulder, the markings of the Black Watch and on the right thigh, the tartan of that unit.

Posted Image
Elizabeth Hazen (born April 5th, 2741[1] - died 28??) was the founding Khan of Clan Jade Falcon. She is one of four founders recognized by the Jade Falcons, and is the most well-regarded by her Clan. She is also believed to have been the first to tame a jade falcon, a genetically engineered mix of the peregrine and the gyrfalcon, designed to combat native pests if the Clan Homeworlds. Hazen's jade falcon was named Turkina, a name that became the basis for the elite Turkina Keshik of the Clan Jade Falcon Touman, while also defining much of the history and legend surrounding this Clan Founder.
The Jade Falcon species was bred on Eden in the early years of the Pentagon Worlds, to combat a winged predatory reptile that fed on livestock. Elizabeth Hazen, then the Dagda garrison commander, so when the species was imported there to perform a similar role, she obtained and tamed one of the first of these genetically engineered birds to hatch. A mix of the peregrine and gyrfalcon, she would name her jade falcon Turkina, in honor of the powerful wife of an ancient Mongol Khan's wife, keeping it for many years during the colony era.
When the colonists on Eden rioted in 2801 due to colonial hardships as well as factional jealousies, it radiated social shock waves throughout the Pentagon Worlds. General Kerensky ordered General DeChavilier and Major Hazen to quell the rebellion.
To begin an event that became known as the DeChavilier Massacre, General DeChavilier was killed during an ambush set up by Liao insurgents on Eden who were fighting against a nearby enclave of Davion colonists. Much is said in various Clan histories and legends regarding this incident. But what is known is that after after her own 'Mech was downed by the rebels, a numb and nearly-defeated Elizabeth Hazen eventually broke away from her paralyzing grief and rose up in a violent rage. She then used a katana as her primary weapon during a rampage that would see the distraught but galvanized Hazen mercilessly kill as many of the insurgents as she could find in revenge for her loved and beloved commander's death. She would go on to lead the survivors in taking the rebel stronghold, her force slaying every rebel that they encountered.
Following Aleksandr Kerensky's death in 2801, she accompanied Nicholas Kerensky on his Second Exodus to the Kerensky Cluster. When he laid out his plans to create his new vision of an ideal warrior society, The Clans, Elizabeth Hazen was chosen to be a founder of Clan Jade Falcon, named for the animal with which she so much identified.
Here is her Mech.

Posted Image

Edited by Max O'Connor, 22 July 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#6619 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostMax O'Connor, on 22 July 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looking great!!

#6620 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

Comeback: Jade Falcon Delta Galaxy Mad Dog.
Posted Image
Jade Peacock Falcon colors are hard mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users