• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

C/O: 1st Blackburn's Raiders

To: [COMSTAR OMITTED]

"Come into my parlor, said the Spider to the Flea...."

-Begin Transmission-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is Jackrabbit One, heat signature detected inside the city. Intermittent lock. Request permission to check out, Sub-Commander?" His bones ached, every hour of this useless mission had him sitting in his cramped cockpit looking for ghost signatures. Crackling to life with a loud pop, Damn! I wish they'd fix that speaker, the reply came quickly "Roger Jackrabbit One, maybe you'll find some more tumbleweeds to shoot at." He couldn't help but grimace, after two full weeks of supposedly "occupying" this St. Ives dustball, it had only left him bored and choking on sand and coolant.

Their mission was to perform "training maneuvers" on a St. Ives world, hoping to prod the local military into confrontations, thus allowing the Capellan Confederation to cite a grievance against them. In turn, they'd demand compensation and the cessation of the planet back into the Confederation, all legal supposedly. Of course, Recruit Tao'sin hadn't been told this by his superiors, but it pays to be generous with your C-bills in the palms of the right individuals.

Kicking the throttle to full, his Flea jumped to life and darted towards the low buildings of a partially evacuated city just 10k meters away from the main body of his unit. I'm probably about to go scare some tanker, we've been jumping at anything with a pulse for the last three days. There'd been no sight of a unified force holding the planet, no communications coming in system nor upon making planet fall. Fighting had happened, but the enemy hadn't taken any casualties and no one had been able to radio back any markings. For all they knew, it was just some locals causing trouble, but even the locals seemed confused.

His Commander had written it down to guerrillas, and didn't see them as a serious threat. No one had died, but there had to be a reason nothing big hadn't happened yet. Tao'sin was beginning to get more radar responses as he passed the first few buildings, his "bandit" was moving in the city. Moving rather fast by the looks of it, too. "Sub-Commander, this is Jackrabbit One, might have one possible contact, bearing 150 Degrees of the main body, moving right to left."

Silence.

Nothing but the thrum of his fusion engine and the stomps of his giant metal feet could be heard as he slowed to get a better grasp of his surroundings. "Repeat, Sub-Commander, this is Jackrabbit One, might have one possible contact, bearing 150 Degrees of the main body, moving right to left." Crackling noises popped out of his speakers, but nothing else came from them. Rounding a rather tall building, he got another report from his radar from what he'd been investigating. Wait, that's TWO different contacts?! then an icy feeling slammed him in the gut as he laid eyes on his initial contact. Peering out at him from 800 meters across a wide street, a Commando stood half covered by the next building. I'm being jammed, I'm in a trap!

Panicking, Tao'sin wheeled his machine around as fast as he could and slammed his throttle against it's physical stop, making his machine lurch to life so violently it almost slipped sideways as his metal feet found purchase on the pavement. He barely had time for his brain to register the green streak out of the very side curve of his 360 degree HUD. His computer labeled it a SPD-7D right as it plowed into his 'mech.

It was the loudest crash he'd ever heard, and he was sure he only heard part of it as his world went black then filled with excruciating pain shooting up his back, shoulders, and head.....

"Welcome to the St.Ives Compact, hope you enjoy your stay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Edited by Jack Gallows, 10 December 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#3502 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 10 December 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

C/O: 1st Blackburn's Raiders

To: [COMSTAR OMITTED]

"Come into my parlor, said the Spider to the Flea...."

-Begin Transmission-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is Jackrabbit One, heat signature detected inside the city. Intermittent lock. Request permission to check out, Sub-Commander?" His bones ached, every hour of this useless mission had him sitting in his cramped cockpit looking for ghost signatures. Crackling to life with a loud pop, Damn! I wish they'd fix that speaker, the reply came quickly "Roger Jackrabbit One, maybe you'll find some more tumbleweeds to shoot at." He couldn't help but grimace, after two full weeks of supposedly "occupying" this St. Ives dustball had only left him bored and choking on sand and coolant.

Their mission was to perform "training maneuvers" on a St. Ives world, hoping to prod the local military into confrontations, thus allowing the Capellan Confederation to cite a grievance against them. In turn, they'd demand compensation and the cessation of the planet back into the Confederation, all legal supposedly. Of course, Recruit Tao'sin hadn't been told this by his superiors, but it pays to be generous with your C-bills in the palms of the right individuals.

Kicking the throttle to full, his Flea jumped to life and darted towards the low buildings of a partially evacuated city just 10k meters away from the main body of his unit. I'm probably about to go scare some tanker, we've been jumping at anything with a pulse for the last three days. There'd been no sight of a unified force holding the planet, no communications coming in system nor upon making planet fall. Fighting had happened, but the enemy hadn't taken any casualties and no one had been able to radio back any markings. For all they knew, it was just some locals causing trouble, but even the locals seemed confused.

His Commander had written it down to guerrillas, and didn't see them as a serious threat. No one had died, but there had to be a reason nothing big hadn't happened yet. Tao'sin was beginning to get more radar responses as he passed the first few buildings, his "bandit" was moving in the city. Moving rather fast by the looks of it, too. "Sub-Commander, this is Jackrabbit One, might have one possible contact, bearing 150 Degrees of the main body, moving right to left."

Silence.

Nothing but the thrum of his fusion engine and the stomps of his giant metal feet could be heard as he slowed to get a better grasp of his surroundings. "Repeat, Sub-Commander, this is Jackrabbit One, might have one possible contact, bearing 150 Degrees of the main body, moving right to left." Crackling noises popped out of his speakers, but nothing else came from them. Rounding a rather tall building, he got another report from his radar from what he'd been investigating. Wait, that's TWO different contacts?! then an icy feeling slammed him in the gut as he laid eyes on his initial contact. Peering out at him from 800 meters across a wide street, a Commando stood half covered by the next building. I'm being jammed, I'm in a trap!

Panicking, Tao'sin wheeled his machine around as fast as he could and slammed his throttle against it's physical stop, making his machine lurch to life so violently it almost slipped sideways as his metal feet found purchase on the pavement. He barely had time for his brain to register the green streak out of the very side curve of his 360 degree HUD. His computer labeled it a SPD-7D right as it plowed into his 'mech.

It was the loudest crash he'd ever heard, and he was sure he only heard part of it as his world went black then filled with excruciating pain shooting up his back, shoulders, and head.....

"Welcome to the St.Ives Compact, hope you enjoy your stay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

AWESOME! :)

Again, giant blinding smile!

#3503 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

To Jack Gallows: yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about. Great job of fan fiction! Great job on that repaint! You even got those IH edge highlights done right! :-D

#3504 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Thanks guys, you're both huge inspirations and a lot of help. And, it came with the highlights, it's YOUR template Iron Hawk. :)

Decided, since PGI releases 'mechs with a little story, why not some for ones I repaint? And what better for SIEG? Kinda a rush job but I think it gets the idea across. I've got a pile of these transmissions on my desk...

Edited by Jack Gallows, 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#3505 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Okay I thought up the best flea ever... Boba Fett!
Posted Image

Fett would make any mech look good!
More

Edited by Mr Mantis, 12 December 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#3506 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 10 December 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Thanks guys, you're both huge inspirations and a lot of help. And, it came with the highlights, it's YOUR template Iron Hawk. :)

Decided, since PGI releases 'mechs with a little story, why not some for ones I repaint? And what better for SIEG? Kinda a rush job but I think it gets the idea across. I've got a pile of these transmissions on my desk...

Things that make you go hmmm.... Probably left those on that specific template. Lol!

View PostMr Mantis, on 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Okay I thought up the best flea ever... Boba Fett!
Posted Image

Fett would make any mech look good

Where's the Great Sarlac when we need it. You're right. The Fett makes any mech look good!

#3507 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

https://www.youtube....o_fcW1s#t=0m18s

Edited by Jack Gallows, 11 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#3508 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostMr Mantis, on 10 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Posted Image
Wood armor, That is about all the mech will have. This took forever.

A thing of beauty Mr. Mantis.

#3509 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hope once more.

Posted Image

#3510 Theodor Kling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Posted Image

This good Sir or Lady got style. I know it "took forever" ..but would you consider doign other mechs that way? It looks realy great ;) If I were a real Mechwarrior I would try to get wooden panneling glued to my armor plates just like this.

#3511 Earthtalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

How long will it take before the "sporting wood" jokes start to roll in, I wonder.....

EDIT:
Hope never rides alone, Odanan.

Edited by Earthtalker, 11 December 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#3512 Bushmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSomewhere within FRR territories

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

This is my first attempt at a repaint, just started using GIMP about 5 hours ago, so be kind :P
Hope ya'll like it.

Wasn't really going for theme, just kinda made it in the intention of a Lance unit called " The Snow Leopards "

I edited the right arm a bit and added a dual large laser loadout. No unit markings or numbers couldnt get them to lay right, but ill figure it out :)

Posted Image

Edited by Bushmaster, 11 December 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#3513 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Orc/Ogre themed Cataphract. Used a reptile print for skin texture, and leather for the dark parts of the armor.

Posted Image

#3514 Earthtalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Both of those Cata's are awesome looking! I am now downloading GIMP because of it so I can cobble together my Shadowhawk.. Let the learning(suffering) begin!

#3515 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hey everyone, ;)

Need a favor from the group....
Will someone hit this with some colors.... don't need anything fancy.

Thanks so much :)

Posted Image

#3516 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

IMP DOWN!

#3517 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Flashman, actually.

Isn't that image from the Battletech Card Game?

yes, it is:

Posted Image

#3518 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 December 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Flashman, actually.

Isn't that image from the Battletech Card Game?

yes, it is:

Posted Image

Thanks ;) um...do you have the other half?

#3519 Bushmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSomewhere within FRR territories

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Since the Stalker is the next mech in-line for the game I thought I would try my hand at one

Again, I really didn't follow any themed group, rather I made up my own. This is modeled after a Mercs. group that call themselves the "BlackSuns". I really didn't make up a back story for them, but if you guys want, I suppose I could write a back story on them. ;)

Anyways, here he is

Posted Image

On a side note : currently I do not have any anything to create decals and transparent images atm.. or atleast until I figure out how to make them in gimp.

Edited by Bushmaster, 12 December 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#3520 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostBushmaster, on 12 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

On a side note : currently I do not have any anything to create decals and transparent images atm.. or atleast until I figure out how to make them in gimp.

I hunt down decals on the web. You can make transparencies by going to "Colors" -> "Color to Alpha", click on the color bar(usually its white by default) find the eye droppers to the bottom right of the next window, use the eye dropper to choose the color to make transparent in the view window on the previous screen, click ok. You can even choose colors not in layer/image manually, and it will remove that hue from compound colors in the layer/image...I believe this will give you a more opaque transparency, but will also change the overall color of the image/layer being used for the transparency.

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook