• 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

The UPS Dragon = pure win.

#1803 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

When I see those Ravens in Capellan (read: proper) colours, my hate for some of the new parts on them suddenly goes away.

Thanks, both of you. And great job. :blink:

#1804 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Thanks.

#1805 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Ironhawk and Hayden: great work as always!

Alfalphacat: I'm on the road, but I was already planning on painting one up for the 12th

edit: Unless you'd prefer one of the other guys to do it... :blink:

Edited by Hartsblade, 27 April 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#1806 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

The small/spindly nature of it keeps the color to a minimum, but I think keeping it light works pretty well. Going to try a few things as an experiment, we'll see if anything turns out worth sharing...

Posted Image

#1807 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostDihm, on 27 April 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

The small/spindly nature of it keeps the color to a minimum, but I think keeping it light works pretty well. Going to try a few things as an experiment, we'll see if anything turns out worth sharing...

Posted Image

View PostHayden, on 27 April 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

Next 10 are going to be Ravens. You can probably guess which factions I'll be using for paint schemes. *whsitles*

Last one for tonight. 1st. St. Ives Lancers of the St. Ives Compact.
Posted Image

Dihm, Hayden, I have to say I love both of these schemes best among your work. Nice color balance and accent color palette in each case. I may put a '... considering St-Ives if...' in my sig now. :blink:

#1808 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

:P

Thanks IH.

My attempts at doing a "raven skull" or making the beak more beaky through paint and "feathers" has failed mightily. Someone better than me take the idea and run with it. :blink:

#1809 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

this one is not meant to be a unit scheme, but represents an individual 'mech serving with Kerr's Raiders, whose parent unit was the Tikonov Reserves. Neither of these units survived the 4th succession war, but I like to include some of these older insignia. I took this route, since I had no access to any good Tikonov Reserve paint scheme info.
Posted Image

More to come! Thanks for watching!

I love seeing some of the obscure units done up. Thanks for taking the time to show some love to the unseen heroes of the 4th Succession war. Any chance you will be doing one for Vincents Commando's or Cochraine's Goliaths?
I have a nice logo for Cochraine's Goliaths if you need one.

#1810 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 27 April 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I love seeing some of the obscure units done up. Thanks for taking the time to show some love to the unseen heroes of the 4th Succession war. Any chance you will be doing one for Vincents Commando's or Cochraine's Goliaths?
I have a nice logo for Cochraine's Goliaths if you need one.

I did a VC Commando a little bit ago. I'm going to hold off on Cochraine's Goliaths, though, because I'd like to have the appropriate canvas for them (I.E. a Goliath).

#1811 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Would anyone be willing to do a commission for a Green Lantern-ified Centurion? You know, black and green with white trim/accents?

Spoiler

The new Raven's look amazing, keep up the great work guys!

#1812 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostHartsblade, on 27 April 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

Ironhawk and Hayden: great work as always!

Alfalphacat: I'm on the road, but I was already planning on painting one up for the 12th

edit: Unless you'd prefer one of the other guys to do it... ;)

No, I don't care who does it. I just want to see one in old-school woodland camo. You know like the stuff we played "guns" with when we were little kids.

#1813 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostAlfalphaCat, on 27 April 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

No, I don't care who does it. I just want to see one in old-school woodland camo. You know like the stuff we played "guns" with when we were little kids.

Chesterton Reserves is forthcoming, but right now I'm working on something with a little MAC to it.

Edited by Hayden, 27 April 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#1814 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostAlfalphaCat, on 27 April 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just did this one quick. Is this the camo you mean?

Posted Image

#1815 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Nice, Shrekken. Thanks, sorry if I seemed demanding in the other posts, I could have waited for Harts to do it.

Now to get some of his nice unit insignia on it. ;) ;)

#1816 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

2nd Raven out of the Paintshop: 2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry. As per Camo Specs Online description:

Angel's Regiment paints its 'Mechs and equipment a dark metallic blue, highlighted with a different color chosen by each battalion. For every battlefield kill, a MechWarrior may paint a blood-colored teardrop on his machine.

So I figured I'd give it a car finish style to reflect (pun intended) the metallic feel for that blue. I hope this gives it justice.
Posted Image

#1817 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Gorgeous as always Ironhawk. Are you willing to divulge how to get the car finish effect - or is that a trade secret?

#1818 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostAlfalphaCat, on 27 April 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Nice, Shrekken. Thanks, sorry if I seemed demanding in the other posts, I could have waited for Harts to do it.

Now to get some of his nice unit insignia on it. :) :)

You weren't demanding, mate. I realised I hadn't done a US Woodland scheme and the Raven seemed the perfect choice for it.
Go ahead, Harts, stick some of your insignia on it. ;) In fact, you can add your insignia to any of my camo designs if you like.

#1819 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

It was coincidence. And bound to happen eventually. Normally when other folks start to put up repaints, I try to avoid doing anything along those lines, as this increases the variety of work. Anyway, it's finally happened, the inevitable. Ironhawk and I did the same unit, the 2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry. Anyway, for those who like the BIG MAC and those who like blue-ish paint schemes, this is a red-letter day. For the more diversity-minded of you, this is surely a day that will live on in infamy. Eh. Anyway, here it is. My 2nd MAC Raven.
Posted Image

Okay. 1. Might as well put it on this page for comparison. 2. We both end up having to throw away half empty blue paint buckets. 3. Before Adridos says something that will put him in trouble, I'll say it: mine is flashier, yours is better. 4. You can bring that 'Mech in my shop if you want to give it simonize! 5. Great Job Hayden. Love the beak: it's a superb touch.

Since I posted first, you owe me a drink when you come by Montreal one day...

Cheers!

#1820 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 28 April 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

3. Before Adridos says something that will put him in trouble, I'll say it: mine is flashier, yours is better.

I was here, I saw both, I read the Hayden´s apology and did not reply... :)

They are both good, both St. Ives. As long as they have Capellan origin, I am fine with anything you do. ;)

With that said, could you atempt to make House Rakasha (Ironhwak, probably) and House White Tiger/ 2nd Capellan Defense force, please? :)

P.S: No black schemes, of course, after hearing about the details problem from the DCs repaint, otherwise Sung´s Rangers would also be on the list.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users