Repainted Concept Art

Art

7732 replies to this topic

#4101 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

2 days later, but worth it! B)

Posted Image

#4102 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 23 May 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Have a little faith. A General Lee paintjob on the battlefield would be a thing of beauty.

I'll try. Some kind soul PMed me and said they'd consider it. B) So there may be hope for us yet. In the meantime, I can't wait to see what everybody has in store for the Victor. O.O Really, I can't. I mean, it's been like a half hour already let's see some re-paints! XD Huehuehue...

#4103 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostSenior Knight Steele, on 24 May 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I mean, it's been like a half hour already let's see some re-paints! XD Huehuehue...

Someone has to make a template first. B)

#4104 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Sexy Looking Victor! Motto Approved!

#4105 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Victor is... victorious! Great concept!!! Will work on a template, and maybe a repaint or 2 this week-end.

But tonight: MW:O playtime with some AH buddies. Yesterday, I enjoyed a pretty nice game with Dennis de Koning in my team... :D

#4106 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

> Ironhawk's log - May 25, 3050.

When the Davions recruited us for a secret contract duty, we did not suspect it would be away from the battlefield. It was only when we entered an underground facility on Mira this morning that we understood; we had never seen so many Victor 'Mechs assembled in one place. They all have been repaired and somewhat refurbished but their earlier paint job was in bad shape.

One of them, a Davion Guard, seems to have been painted by our former collaborator, Hayden. His insignia work is one of his signatures.

The leader was not the talkative type. She seemed pretty shy, but the medal on her uniform alone commanded the utmost respect: the famous Medal Excalibur! I had seen it once back in my days as a young recruit of the 17th Avalon Hussars.

"Special skin order for the AFFS," she said. She handed me a list with specs. "Commander Ironhawk, we trust you and your team will do a good job with those. But you better get at work... fast. We need them for duty in just a few days."

We were completely free with regards to the actual priority order in the list. Victors. Choice of priority order. A dream come true. I knew which one would be our first...

Posted Image
EDIT: Image improved as per comments.

Edited by Ironhawk, 25 May 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#4107 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 25 May 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

When the Davions recruited us for a secret contract duty, we did not suspect it would be away from the battlefield. It was only when we entered an underground facility on Mira this morning that we understood; we had never seen so many Victor 'Mechs assembled in one place. They all have been repaired and somewhat refurbished but their earlier paint job was in bad shape.

One of them, a Davion Guard, seems to have been painted by our former collaborator, Hayden. His insignia work is one of his signatures.

The leader was not the talkative type. She seemed pretty shy, but the medal on her uniform alone commanded the utmost respect: the famous Medal Excalibur! I had seen it once back in my days as a young recruit of the 17th Avalon Hussars.

"Special skin order for the AFFS," she said. She handed me a list with specs. "Commander Ironhawk, we trust you and your team will do a good job with those. But you better get at work... fast. We need them for duty in just a few days."

We were completely free with regards to the actual priority order in the list. Victors. Choice of priority order. A dream come true. I knew which one would be our first...

Posted Image

that's rather nice o.O, would love to see that, but with the grey swapped with the red and the grey replaced with purple.

#4108 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Nice one. Albeit some details could still use a bit of love like the shades of colors on the gauss arm (not the barrel, but the armor around it), which has a washed out look. :huh:

Edited by Adridos, 25 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#4109 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Adridos could find defects even in Michelangelo's David. :)

Don't worry, IH, your repaint is perfect. Saying that, where is the template? :huh:

#4110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 25 May 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Gorgeous.

Anyway to get you to do one in Bishop Steiner livery?
:huh:
(since despite the epic "pro-gamer" qqing, I just got MY mech)
(BTW... I stick to the AC/20 on mine. Of course, the dual ER Large Lasers on the LA might require a little work....)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 25 May 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#4111 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostAdridos, on 25 May 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Nice one. Albeit some details could still use a bit of love like the shades of colors on the gauss arm (not the barrel, but the armor around it), which has a washed out look. :huh:

I did an edit to correct the template and re-publish that image. Thanks for the feedback.

View PostOdanan, on 25 May 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Adridos could find defects even in Michelangelo's David. :)

Don't worry, IH, your repaint is perfect. Saying that, where is the template? :)

Thanks for your support, Odanan. I am still tweaking the template (usually need processing 2-4 mechs prior to getting a suitable template, as you could see with Adriodos' comment on the washed arm.) I am aiming for tomorrow to issue the template.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Gorgeous.

Anyway to get you to do one in Bishop Steiner livery?
:)
(since despite the epic "pro-gamer" qqing, I just got MY mech)
(BTW... I stick to the AC/20 on mine. Of course, the dual ER Large Lasers on the LA might require a little work....)

Thanks Bishop! Much appreciated. I've had a similar thought when I saw the gauss on this baby. Didn't plan to do a mod towards 9B or other AC20 variants as of yet, but that could change later depending on my old enemy: time.

What's this?

It's Crucis!

Posted Image

#4112 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Its Orion vs Victor Time!

#4113 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 25 May 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

I did an edit to correct the template and re-publish that image. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your support, Odanan. I am still tweaking the template (usually need processing 2-4 mechs prior to getting a suitable template, as you could see with Adriodos' comment on the washed arm.) I am aiming for tomorrow to issue the template.

Thanks Bishop! Much appreciated. I've had a similar thought when I saw the gauss on this baby. Didn't plan to do a mod towards 9B or other AC20 variants as of yet, but that could change later depending on my old enemy: time.

What's this?

It's Crucis!

Posted Image

Curses, release that templet so I can coax someone into doing my mentioned recolor... im drooling

#4114 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Another great repaint! :)

Any of those Victors issued to help back home? I've heard Romano's been giving them a hard time lately.

P.S. Thanks for the fix of that shading.

Edited by Adridos, 26 May 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#4115 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 25 May 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Its Orion vs Victor Time!

bring it Snakey! My AC/20 and JJs are gonna demolish your earthbound Orion's face! (Which is what you get for driving a DoDo Bird built mech anyhow!)

#4116 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 May 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

bring it Snakey! My AC/20 and JJs are gonna demolish your earthbound Orion's face! (Which is what you get for driving a DoDo Bird built mech anyhow!)

Those 5 tons aren't going to save your hide, Steiner... Orion is the obvious winner. :)

#4117 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostAdridos, on 26 May 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Those 5 tons aren't going to save your hide, Steiner... Orion is the obvious winner. :)

Who asked you?!?!? Y'all can't even BUILD mechs that heavy... best you can do is hold relics like the Catapult together with spit and bailing wire, or jury rig Marauder parts to make a Cataphract!

And that 5 tons make ALL the difference... if it's used in the right place!

#4118 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

My take on 1st Aragon Borderers! I used the best insignia available again: Hayden's.
Posted Image

#4119 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Could someone maybe do a Victor in the Tamar Jaeger Colours,like the amazing Stalker? Would be awesome Guys.

#4120 Cassius Brown

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have to admit, the announcement of Mech 20 came as a complete surprise. I thought they were done for a while. That being said, love the choice, and this thread has not disappointed when it came to making a great chassis look even better.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users