Repainted Concept Art

Art

7732 replies to this topic

#4661 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

It may be relatively simple vartiation, but it looks great.

Although you could've changed the cockpit-holding framework's color to a different one to not blend in with the rest of the cockpit, in my opinion.

The shade of green is simply marvelous, BTW. ;)

#4662 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostApostal, on 29 November 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

A quick variation on a previous re-colouring. It's a take on the SLDF standard colours of Olive Drab, I've including black highlighting at a minimum effort with a copper machinery colouring that off-set's the green nicely.

Posted Image

Olive Drab - that should be the color of Kerensky's Orion. I don't get the Protector's painting...

#4663 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 November 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Olive Drab - that should be the color of Kerensky's Orion. I don't get the Protector's painting...

It's a fancy shiny new red color!

#4664 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 30 November 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

It's a fancy shiny new red color!

Red makes it go faster!

#4665 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostApostal, on 30 November 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Red makes it go faster!

But it did not cure the obese center core disease

#4666 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 30 November 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

But it did not cure the obese center core disease

Just because it runs faster, doesn't mean it's any more fit for it's role :)

#4667 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

I am not the only one with this doubt :P

#4668 Mark Hayden

Texture Artist

• 63 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - St. Ives Academy of Military Sciences, Faculty of Heraldry Building, Room 205

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 December 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

I am not the only one with this doubt :D

Not sure if we ever released a "story" to go with the 'mech, I did a cursory search for one and couldn't find anything (if anyone can, feel free to post). My understanding of the 'mech is that it's not really Kerensky's mech, but piloted by some kind of "wannabe"/impersonator. Kerensky's actual Orion was lost on Marfik. Toeing the company line, I feel that this opens sufficient space for artistic licence/"Kerensky's Orion Impersonator" to have a strange color scheme. Now, if it was meant to be Kerensky's actual Orion... I would feel differently :P

#4669 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostMark Hayden, on 02 December 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Not sure if we ever released a "story" to go with the 'mech, I did a cursory search for one and couldn't find anything (if anyone can, feel free to post). My understanding of the 'mech is that it's not really Kerensky's mech, but piloted by some kind of "wannabe"/impersonator. Kerensky's actual Orion was lost on Marfik. Toeing the company line, I feel that this opens sufficient space for artistic licence/"Kerensky's Orion Impersonator" to have a strange color scheme. Now, if it was meant to be Kerensky's actual Orion... I would feel differently :wub:

No problem, Hayden. We can always paint it green, anyway. ;)

#4670 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

The only source I got about Kerensky's mech looks is indirect. Wasn't the Theodore Kurita's Orion painted green to match the Kerensky's?

#4671 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sure, i know it is not Kerensky's mech.. But if it is inspired to his, why not painting it with a nice SLDF color? :wub: I am sorry for the art team creativity but i never liked these new brightly colored 'Mechs ..

May i still hope that with Community Warfare we will have some good canon camos and color schemes of famous units which can be earned with loyalty points? I bought a few new 'Mech bays... Please do not le me down on this.. :rolleyes:

I do want a Timberwolf with 4th Wolf Guards camo and insignia.. ;)

#4672 Mark Hayden

Texture Artist

• 63 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - St. Ives Academy of Military Sciences, Faculty of Heraldry Building, Room 205

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 December 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

The only source I got about Kerensky's mech looks is indirect. Wasn't the Theodore Kurita's Orion painted green to match the Kerensky's?

Well, it depends... camospecs disagrees:
Posted Image

...and then disagrees with itself:
Posted Image

Honestly, I have no earthly idea what Theodore's 'mech would have looked like. I assume that, as part of the Legion of Vega it might share the red/gray scheme that the Legion of Vega regiments favor, but at the time it would have been piloted the Legion of Vega was something of the dregs of the DCMS, so [ED: as far as color schemes go,] that may not mean anything. And really, since it's VERY unlikely that this is the same 'mech, the point is moot.

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 December 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Sure, i know it is not Kerensky's mech.. But if it is inspired to his, why not painting it with a nice SLDF color? :wub: I am sorry for the art team creativity but i never liked these new brightly colored 'Mechs ..

May i still hope that with Community Warfare we will have some good canon camos and color schemes of famous units which can be earned with loyalty points? I bought a few new 'Mech bays... Please do not le me down on this.. :rolleyes:

I do want a Timberwolf with 4th Wolf Guards camo and insignia.. ;)

We'll just have to see... what happens.... with these things.... :ph34r:

#4673 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hayden, do you sit in PGIs office or do you work from home?

If you wonder why Im asking, I realized the most of the other PGI guys do not interact with the community like you do and its amazing!

#4674 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMark Hayden, on 02 December 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly, I have no earthly idea what Theodore's 'mech would have looked like. I assume that, as part of the Legion of Vega it might share the red/gray scheme that the Legion of Vega regiments favor, but at the time it would have been piloted the Legion of Vega was something of the dregs of the DCMS, so [ED: as far as color schemes go,] that may not mean anything. And really, since it's VERY unlikely that this is the same 'mech, the point is moot.

We'll just have to see... what happens.... with these things.... :wub:

Heir to the Dragon, specifically states Theodore painted it the "original SLDF olive drab".

pg8
Theodore raised one of the Orion's tubular arms and swung the medium-class laser back and forth to return her wave.
As his olive-drab Orion began its trek across the landing field, Tomoe disappeared into the hangar building. Rather than switching to IR or light-amplification circuits to follow her progress in the darkness of the structure's cavernous interior, he elected to do something more useful. He began running his checklist of monitor circuits to verify that the machine had survived its transport across the gulf of space. All circuits read green on his status board. Good. No lengthy maintenance would be necessary, and he could shut down the machine as soon as it was safely parked.
The heat indicator showed a level slightly higher than the maintenance manuals predicted for the 'Mech's current activity level, but Theodore wasn't worried. The discrepancy was due to the dark olive paint worn by the Orion. The paint had a lower albedo than the manuals recommended, but Theodore was happy to live with the increased solar heat absorption. He had spent weeks of patient research discovering the color scheme carried when the machine had served General Kerensky. Once the colors were authenticated, he had painted the 'Mech himself. Only the insignia were different. Instead of Star League markings, the Orion now carried the serpentine dragon of House Kurita. Within the gaping jaws of the dragon, clear upon the red field of the disk, was a silver star, the cadency mark of the Heir-Designate. He was very proud of the 'Mech and had named it the "Revenant."

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 02 December 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#4675 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 December 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Heir to the Dragon, specifically states Theodore painted it the "original SLDF olive drab".

pg8
Theodore raised one of the Orion's tubular arms and swung the medium-class laser back and forth to return her wave.
As his olive-drab Orion began its trek across the landing field, Tomoe disappeared into the hangar building. Rather than switching to IR or light-amplification circuits to follow her progress in the darkness of the structure's cavernous interior, he elected to do something more useful. He began running his checklist of monitor circuits to verify that the machine had survived its transport across the gulf of space. All circuits read green on his status board. Good. No lengthy maintenance would be necessary, and he could shut down the machine as soon as it was safely parked.
The heat indicator showed a level slightly higher than the maintenance manuals predicted for the 'Mech's current activity level, but Theodore wasn't worried. The discrepancy was due to the dark olive paint worn by the Orion. The paint had a lower albedo than the manuals recommended, but Theodore was happy to live with the increased solar heat absorption. He had spent weeks of patient research discovering the color scheme carried when the machine had served General Kerensky. Once the colors were authenticated, he had painted the 'Mech himself. Only the insignia were different. Instead of Star League markings, the Orion now carried the serpentine dragon of House Kurita. Within the gaping jaws of the dragon, clear upon the red field of the disk, was a silver star, the cadency mark of the Heir-Designate. He was very proud of the 'Mech and had named it the "Revenant."

Wow! Please, Hayden, suggest the guys at PGI to allow "alternate" paintjobs for the hero mechs. Even as MC-only, I don't care.
Just imagine the "Revenant" paintjob, for the Protector?!?! I know you would be very fortunate in making that serpentine dragon...

PS: every hero mech could have at least one alternate painting - I can think about a "Justing Allard" paintjob for the Yen Lo Wang...

#4676 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's easy. The red Orion is the Theodore's mech early painted in his unit's colors. The green Orion is the mech painted after his research about the Kerensky's paintjob.

#4677 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

We'll just have to see... what happens.... with these things.... ^_^

What ..Will happen? Will happen.. That many people will be very happy :) So, please, during the next brainstorming meeting about CW suggest these things.. :(

Posted Image

#4678 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 December 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

[/size]
It's easy. The red Orion is the Theodore's mech early painted in his unit's colors. The green Orion is the mech painted after his research about the Kerensky's paintjob.

gawd that mini looks like {Scrap} tho

#4679 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image

#4680 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Wow that thing is doing something to my Steiner heart right now...

Amazing!!

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google