#7701 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image
Waco Rangers (Mercs).

Edited by Hayden, 29 March 2022 - 09:14 PM.

#7702 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,592 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:07 AM

Wb Hayden Ok, seems they will get again my moneyPosted Image

#7703 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM

Hayden, could you by chance turn a Crusader "Ash Gray" maybe put a Genyosha unit patch on the Left Chest area and a Kurita Symbol on the upper right leg. Maybe add some cherry or plum blossoms from the feet up to the Knees. Also your paypal account so I can send you the required payment.

#7704 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:54 AM

Cool stuff, Hayden! I had a sneaking suspicision you'd go for your personal canon ride, and I am glad I was right. I love the SIMC - way too short-lived, though.

The 10th Lyran Guards could use some of their silver highlights it is known for, but other than that it is marvellous, thanks. Posted Image I am almost afraid it looks better than what PGI will do to the Lyran Guards scheme Posted Image Posted Image

Also, I like what you did with the horn on the Waco Ranger's Crusader. Are the stars on the left leg a reference to Tennessee? The WR's lore is not my strong suite...

Anyway, I think I speak for everyone saying we are glad the Crusader brought you back.

#7705 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,860 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:01 AM

Nice work. What software are you using? I did the below image with PhotoShop like 9 years ago, but my license has long since expired. Anything I can do this with that is free? ish? Posted Image

Posted Image

#7706 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 02:00 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 30 March 2022 - 03:07 AM, said:

Wb Hayden Ok, seems they will get again my moneyPosted Image

Not back in any official capacity, just really liked the Crusader ;D (Hatchetman will get some more attention too, I suspect).

View PostMookieDog, on 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hayden, could you by chance turn a Crusader "Ash Gray" maybe put a Genyosha unit patch on the Left Chest area and a Kurita Symbol on the upper right leg. Maybe add some cherry or plum blossoms from the feet up to the Knees. Also your paypal account so I can send you the required payment.

Naw, I don't charge for the repaint stuff; if it's something that appeals to me and I have time, I might do it ;) (To be clear, I'll very likely do this, because it sounds cool and I like it).

That said, I do offer design services for hire, you can PM me if interested.

View PostFLG 01, on 30 March 2022 - 07:54 AM, said:

Cool stuff, Hayden! I had a sneaking suspicision you'd go for your personal canon ride, and I am glad I was right. I love the SIMC - way too short-lived, though.

The 10th Lyran Guards could use some of their silver highlights it is known for, but other than that it is marvellous, thanks. Posted Image I am almost afraid it looks better than what PGI will do to the Lyran Guards scheme Posted Image Posted Image

Also, I like what you did with the horn on the Waco Ranger's Crusader. Are the stars on the left leg a reference to Tennessee? The WR's lore is not my strong suite...

Anyway, I think I speak for everyone saying we are glad the Crusader brought you back.

I'll fix the Lyran scheme, it's always easy to make an oversight as the Donegal/Lyran/Arctural guards use generic brigade schemes, but then the individual regiments occasionally add bits of flair.

You're not far off, it started off as a more proper tribute to Tennessee, but I really wanted the "Hook 'em (horns)" reference (because, you know, the horn) which is very Texan, and it felt all over the place, so I shifted the hue and kept the three star motif as a kind of "nose art" (knee art). If you need a story: "The Mechwarrior is the third member of her family to pilot this Crusader, the three stars represent the pilot, her father, and uncle."

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 March 2022 - 08:01 AM, said:

Nice work. What software are you using? I did the below image with PhotoShop like 9 years ago, but my license has long since expired. Anything I can do this with that is free? ish? Posted Image

I use Adobe's Cloud based creative suite, mostly photoshop and some illustrator for this type of work. I don't really use other software outside of Adobe's library (MS Paint on rare occasions, though not for anything like this). GIMP was on my radar once upon a time as a free option, but I haven't used that since around the turn of the millennia, so I can't speak to how good or bad it is now. I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking for. Your centurion is pretty cool!

#7707 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 March 2022 - 05:26 PM

Awesome posts, Hayden. Nice surprise to see the Father of this grand thread back in action, even for just a bit. Cheers!

#7708 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 11:05 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 30 March 2022 - 05:26 PM, said:

Awesome posts, Hayden. Nice surprise to see the Father of this grand thread back in action, even for just a bit. Cheers!

I'm having fun, glad to be back, glad to see so many names I recognize! Hope you've been well! Depending on how PGI plays their release schedule, I might be around a bit longer, we'll see!

Here's a revision and something new:
Posted Image
Now with silver trim!
Posted Image
Ned Barenborg's Revenge.

#7709 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 11:43 PM

View PostMookieDog, on 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hayden, could you by chance turn a Crusader "Ash Gray" maybe put a Genyosha unit patch on the Left Chest area and a Kurita Symbol on the upper right leg. Maybe add some cherry or plum blossoms from the feet up to the Knees.

Posted Image
I made a couple embellishments. I wanted to throw a number on there, so I used "84" (since this request was made on your 84th post). Right shoulder says "Kurita", an expression of devotion to the Combine's rulers. Also, I went for a tree motif, rather than super stylized blossoms.

#7710 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:22 AM

Last one for the night. I felt we had a lot of blues, grays, greens, and that we needed a pop of red.
Posted Image
5th Sword of Light.

#7711 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:18 AM

Fine stuff, Hayden! Makes the wait for the Crusader a little shorter.

Thanks for the silver trim, too Posted Image

#7712 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:38 AM

View PostHayden, on 30 March 2022 - 11:43 PM, said:

Posted Image
I made a couple embellishments. I wanted to throw a number on there, so I used "84" (since this request was made on your 84th post). Right shoulder says "Kurita", an expression of devotion to the Combine's rulers. Also, I went for a tree motif, rather than super stylized blossoms.

I have tears in my eyes

#7713 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:37 PM

View PostHayden, on 30 March 2022 - 11:05 PM, said:

I'm having fun, glad to be back, glad to see so many names I recognize! Hope you've been well! Depending on how PGI plays their release schedule, I might be around a bit longer, we'll see!

Here's a revision and something new!

It's great to see some of you all again! Can you really imagine how long this thread has been around? Thanks for doing the Crescent Hawks, Hayden, and wonderful work everyone else on all the other repaints!

#7714 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image
Just the one from me tonight, Davion Light Guards.

Edited by Hayden, 01 April 2022 - 03:27 AM.

#7715 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image
Kai Allard Liao's Hatchetman, Twycross, 3050*.

*Pay attention to the date this was posted.

Edited by Hayden, 01 April 2022 - 04:57 PM.

#7716 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 03:29 AM

Nice concept blending the different paintschemes together. Posted Image
While certainly not done for the Hatchetman (yes, I did notice the date), I awalys wondered what his YLW looked when he was assigned to the 10th. The weird Japanese flag design? Lyran Guards parade scheme? Camouflage?

#7717 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 08:34 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 03 April 2022 - 03:29 AM, said:

Nice concept blending the different paintschemes together. Posted Image
While certainly not done for the Hatchetman (yes, I did notice the date), I awalys wondered what his YLW looked when he was assigned to the 10th. The weird Japanese flag design? Lyran Guards parade scheme? Camouflage?

Since the Hatchetman was a loaner (if I recall correctly. I think YLW was misplaced in logistics, if memory serves), my guess is 10th Lyran parade scheme or camo for the local environs. That said, I've long favored the idea that when Kai was attached to (or commanding) the 1st St. Ives Lancers, that YLW would use the sunburst pattern, but with the gray/green and yellow colors of the 1st Lancers.

#7718 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 894 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 April 2022 - 08:30 AM

Damn! I need to make my own Hatchetman recolour now! So many cool examples!
I hope they finally implement the hatchie also into MWO. In JF colours I would call mine "Bitchin' Betty" for sure. Because that hatchet is just "bitchin' cool"...

#7719 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:48 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 04 April 2022 - 08:30 AM, said:

Damn! I need to make my own Hatchetman recolour now!

You absolutely need to make your own Hatchetman recolor now! :)

#7720 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 894 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:43 AM

View PostHayden, on 05 April 2022 - 01:48 AM, said:

You absolutely need to make your own Hatchetman recolor now! Posted Image

Here it is: Bitchin' Betty!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic