• The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Pretty weak trolling there Adridos, keep trying.

And Max, obviously you didn't notice the tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Oh I figured, :)

#142 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Pretty weak trolling there Adridos, keep trying.

Are you a merc, yes.
Do you fight for FRR, yes.

I didn't say anything, which isn't true. :)

#143 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

You've also never bothered to read our unit history, nor our non-RP reasoning for the direction we went. But I guess that's not important. :)

#144 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

You've also never bothered to read our unit history, nor our non-RP reasoning for the direction we went. But I guess that's not important. :P

I never considered joining with you guys, therefor your reasoning is as misterious to me, as why did Paul join the dark side. :D

#145 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostAdridos, on 07 March 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

I never considered joining with you guys, therefor your reasoning is as misterious to me, as why did Paul join the dark side. :D

No need to worry, I was certainly not trying to recruit you.

I guess Capellans only care about the info their Dear Leader gives them. :P

#146 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

No need to worry, I was certainly not trying to recruit you.

I guess Capellans only care about the info their Dear Leader gives them. :D

Not in times like these (with a mad ma'am sitting at throne), but the way to get to those information is only through your recruitment page and because our nations aren't at war, it would be considered a war crime.

A man must hold his honor... till war. :P

#147 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostAdridos, on 07 March 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

A man must hold his honor... till war. :P

Honor is eternal Adridos. War just reveals the truly honorable and the scum that they stand against.

#148 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

You do know you don't have to "RP" 24/7 right? You're allowed to look, you post there enough already.

#149 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

You do know you don't have to "RP" 24/7 right? You're allowed to look, you post there enough already.

Yeah, but it's information day and I don't want to miss anything. :D

Plus, GDC doesn't only have MW:O, there are plenty of other good games, too (which immediately drives me to MW:T). :P

#150 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 07 March 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

They did not use the HPG network for military communications during the 4th Succession Wars. All military orders were carried by jumpships and black boxes.

Incorrect sir, or it would have taken forever to get orders out to begin with and nigh impossible to shuffle troops around in any sort of time-sensitive manner.

from Sarna:

Each HyperPulse Generator is essentially a small physics unit (with mobile units being as small as nine tons) which is able to fire a "pulse" through hyperspace to a receiving HPG. Because the HPG's messages are not burdened by tens or hundreds of thousands of tons of mass, the maximum range of an HPG pulse is 50 light years, while a ship can jump a maximum of 30 light years.
Each pulse can carry terabytes of compressed information, everything from simple text, to books to video. One millisecond of transmission time, just enough for two pages of bare text or a small image, is equal to one C-Bill, with larger items taking longer and thus having a higher cost. On average the time for transmission of a non-priority message between Terra and Tharkad takes about a week, and from Terra to the limits of the explored the Periphery about six months. Priority message over the same distance could take between few hours to a day depending on conditions and network message load.

and on the black boxes:

These black boxes, while only the size of a briefcase and so much more portable, could not compare to HPGs in terms of speed or size of message that could be transmitted, which prompted their initial abandonment.

K-1 Series
The first FedCom improved production model from 3027, it was implemented and used during the Fourth Succession War. It increased the speed and range to twenty-five light-years per day and two hundred light-years respectively.

Edited by SMDMadCow, 07 March 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#151 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostTHE 4thbreed, on 12 January 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

As Davions we have a civic dutie to KILL Liao and rid the universe of all liao scum on the bottom of our heel. Let us rise up and destroy all who oppose us, let Davion be on the lips of every man, women, and child who know Battletech, Let us be the tide of terror that sweeps over everyone in the universe that tries to denie what belongs to us davions! we will not rest till every enemy mech has been annihilated and ground to pieces! NOW WHO IS WITH ME!

This guy does not represent the majority of Davion supporters. His vitriol and hate towards the populace of the Capellan worlds is disgusting and I would recommend that his CO, who ever it is remove him from duty. he is not fit to pilot a mech in combat. We are intended to liberate these worlds and their people, not murder them in cold blood!

The warriors of House Liao who face us in battle may come to an untimely end but they should know they always have the choice to see the error of the lies they have be indoctrinated in and lay down their arms. I will not ever waste time, energy, and ammo on a target that is not a threat. Despite being a warrior at heart I would prefer if the worlds under Liao "stewardship" could come to the welcoming freedom of the Fed Suns without the bloodshed of innocents.

#152 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostBullwerk, on 07 March 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

This guy does not represent the majority of Davion supporters. His vitriol and hate towards the populace of the Capellan worlds is disgusting and I would recommend that his CO, who ever it is remove him from duty. he is not fit to pilot a mech in combat. We are intended to liberate these worlds and their people, not murder them in cold blood!

The warriors of House Liao who face us in battle may come to an untimely end but they should know they always have the choice to see the error of the lies they have be indoctrinated in and lay down their arms. I will not ever waste time, energy, and ammo on a target that is not a threat. Despite being a warrior at heart I would prefer if the worlds under Liao "stewardship" could come to the welcoming freedom of the Fed Suns without the bloodshed of innocents.

Spoken like a true deluded Davient : )
Buying into his own propaganda, at least i fight under no pretenses.

#153 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostZectorman, on 07 March 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Spoken like a true deluded Davient : )
Buying into his own propaganda, at least i fight under no pretenses.

So you admit that the Cappeltards are fighting for a tyrannical dictatorship, the only goal being the continued survival of said tyrannical dictatorship? That sort of thing can get you black-bagged I think. Point dog.

Oh. And you see how I combined "Capellen" with "tard" like that? I can have fun with words too! Seriously...how old are we here?

#154 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I do not agree with killing in cool blood, but I do agree with winning wars. you will notice how I said "let us destroy all those who appose us" (''appose us'' being the key word there) capellan's are always opposing us no matter what we do. and I qoute Grayson death carlyle " we are to keep the barbarians at the gate" that is what Davion's are here to do and as long as the capellans are the barbarians we will always be ready to destroy them.

p.s. See how well that liao stewardship works out when you have a PPC pointed at your mechs lifeless form with you in side.

#155 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostJack Gammel, on 08 March 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Seriously...how old are we here?

Most people are 40-50, then 20-30 and finally 60+. I am about the 7th youngest man around here. ;)

The warriors of House Liao who face us in battle may come to an untimely end but they should know they always have the choice to see the error of the lies they have be indoctrinated in and lay down their arms.

What about seeing error in your own ways and at least getting some sort of cease-fire happening? B)

#156 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Rhetorical questions are incredible troll bait.

Now if only I could find something which repelled them too...

#157 Hanibal Frey

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

I see ther's a mistake in the topic title... It should be "Davions will crush liao"

#158 GrimRATS

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostAdridos, on 08 March 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Most people are 40-50, then 20-30 and finally 60+. I am about the 7th youngest man around here. :D

What about seeing error in your own ways and at least getting some sort of cease-fire happening? :D

YAY! I am older than someone. (not that it would make a difference lol) Ohh don't mind me, just poking around the forums of the great houses to see which I would rather serve, still have NO clue what so ever on which to join :P .

#159 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 07 March 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Incorrect sir, or it would have taken forever to get orders out to begin with and nigh impossible to shuffle troops around in any sort of time-sensitive manner.

The holy order with the big C himself confirmed that the AFFS didn't use their HPG network to relay military messages shortly before and during the 4th war.

#160 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostGrimRATS, on 09 March 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

YAY! I am older than someone. (not that it would make a difference lol) Ohh don't mind me, just poking around the forums of the great houses to see which I would rather serve, still have NO clue what so ever on which to join :( .

Choose wisely. Though, for all I care, you can even join Daviots. :)

If you do not mind a bit comical view, try this, it should help you. ^_^

http://mwomercs.com/...h__1#entry77900

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users