MWO vs Hawken

171 replies to this topic

Poll: MWO vs Hawken ++ (434 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game will reign supreme

1. Mech Warrior Online (279 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. Hawken (20 votes [4.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.61%

3. I'll Let you know when I play both Beta's (135 votes [31.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

Will you even try Hawken ?

1. Yes I try out every FTP that looks good. (125 votes [28.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.80%

2. No .. MWO is the only Mech franchise for me (125 votes [28.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.80%

3. I'd play any Mech game atleast once. (184 votes [42.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.40%

The most important quality of a Mech game for me is

1. Customization of my mech * like ChromeHounds * (263 votes [29.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.42%

2. Realistic Simulation style Mech combat (356 votes [39.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.82%

3. A Faction based territory battle system .. * Like ChromeHounds * (186 votes [20.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.81%

4. Arcade style Frag and respawn game mode (23 votes [2.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.57%

5. Sci-Fi futuristic Mechs similar too Gundam Wing / Armoured Core series. (66 votes [7.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Is there even a competition? I played Hawken. Past tense.

View PostAfoxi, on 02 August 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I like how you all say Hawken is a simple game when MWO is the one with Deathmatch/CaptureTheBase.

Eventually MWO will have more game modes as well, but that's not the priority right now imo. I really want to see a "trial of possesion"/war of attrition mode where every player "bids" X number of mechs from their stable. One gets destroyed, you respawn in your next one until they are all destroyed or you win.

btw, post 300 WOOT! :D

Edited by Banshee Bullet, 09 October 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#162 Hodo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationArkab

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostBanshee Bullet, on 09 October 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Is there even a competition? I played Hawken. Past tense.

Eventually MWO will have more game modes as well, but that's not the priority right now imo. I really want to see a "trial of possesion"/war of attrition mode where every player "bids" X number of mechs from their stable. One gets destroyed, you respawn in your next one until they are all destroyed or you win.

btw, post 300 WOOT! :D

MWO should make up its mind, clan or inner sphere, they wont be able to do both, well.

In my oppinion the clans are horribly unballanced unless facing other clans, and there is no way to ballance them vs inner sphere equipment.

#163 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hawken is more of an fps, about halfway between quake and mechwarrior.

I think I'll stick with mechwarrior, but of course I'll try hawken too.

Edited by Flapdrol, 09 October 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#164 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Mechwarrior online of course....

#165 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

WHy does noone make a Hawken vs Reign of Thunder?

It would be much more "resourceful" than this and actually fair, since both of those games aim to make an arcade version of a mech game.

Edited by Adridos, 09 October 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#166 ItsDevin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Well its several months later so if anyone happens to see this post I just want to state that I have been accepted to the Hawken Beta and Played a bit of it over the last 3 weeks.

and My final oppinion on the MWO vs Hawken is !!!!

MWO FTW x infinity .

Hawken is a fun game no doubt and it certainly is a little more arcade like, much more FPS like,

However in Hawken you only get to deploy 2-3 weapons with your Mech and they define your play style Very much like CoD or Battlefield would .. and while I do not entirely dislike the system .. I feel that MWO brings a much larger custom mech feel to the game considering you can deploy with like 15 lazers in some mech's and play a Short to Long Range battle...

In short MWO comes out on top esspecially with the last 3-5 patches. more parts, more mechs, more varients. I cant belive I ever thought that Hawken had a chance.

Lets all rejoice and know now for certain that MWO is the game I will be Splitting my time with between World of Tanks...

I have spoken ..
and it is so.

#167 ItsDevin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostAdridos, on 09 October 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

WHy does noone make a Hawken vs Reign of Thunder?

It would be much more "resourceful" than this and actually fair, since both of those games aim to make an arcade version of a mech game.

well said .. but I supose I started this thread because I didnt know about Reign of Thunder and I was really interested in people prefered the Sim style or Acrade style

#168 Gargoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCoastal Finland

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

I did try out Hawken, and there is _one_ thing i liked about it.
GIVE ME THAT CONTROLLER!
Posted Image
other than that...nice, but still FPS, didnt remind me of simulator at all :)

Will stick to MW:O, period.

As i stated earlier, i think with help of this community, we can turn this game in to one of most versatile mechwarrior game ever.

#169 Victory

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhittier, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I just rage-deleted Hawken from my hard drive. What an ugly, slow- paced pile of regurgitated excrement that game is. It makes me sad that that game has any sort of following. I hope the company goes bankrupt. Absolutely horrible.(IMO) I'm not a total Mechwarrior tool either. I enjoyed the Armored Core series, as well as (shudder) both MechAssault titles.

I don't think there's even a comparison since this is obviously to separate genres- ******** and professional.

Also, when I went to uninstall it, Avast! went nuts, so, that didn't help it's case with me.

Edited by Victory, 24 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#170 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

I watched some Hawken streams and didn't like feel like trying it much and will stay with MWO, but considering what I hear about Hawken I think it may prevail in the end. :ph34r:

I like the simulational style of MWO, it's awesome. :)

#171 Grisnir

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostVictory, on 24 January 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

I just rage-deleted Hawken from my hard drive. What an ugly, slow- paced pile of regurgitated excrement that game is. It makes me sad that that game has any sort of following. I hope the company goes bankrupt. Absolutely horrible.(IMO) I'm not a total Mechwarrior tool either. I enjoyed the Armored Core series, as well as (shudder) both MechAssault titles.

I don't think there's even a comparison since this is obviously to separate genres- ******** and professional.

Also, when I went to uninstall it, Avast! went nuts, so, that didn't help it's case with me.

did you what funny is? hawken got a **** ton of money, round about 28,5 millions
how many made MWO? 5 million?

#172 Parappaman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'm a relative newcomer to the Mech scene, having played only the Armored Core series in the past. As I abandoned the post-PS2 console platforms in favor of the PC gaming, I was really looking forward to some steel-blasting mech game that would give me the feel of customization and tweaking that Armored Core: Last Raven gave me. That title was disregarded by every purist of the series as being way too hard to master and giving way too much in terms of parts choice to be enjoyable, but that was what made me love it. And I found that same feeling in MWO.

Tried Call of Hawken: Modern Mechfare (or Hawkenfield?) for a couple hours, and it's just the same old FPS game dominated by twitchy kids pinpointing crosshairs to your cockpit/head and strafe jumping till you vomit on your screen trying to follow them. Not my style, definitely. But I do realize it will be the more successful title in the long term, and widely so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users