Your Last Chance is Here & Now (RP) Sign Up

310 replies to this topic

#281 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Kudos to you my dear friend. Very nicely done and actually I like the simplistic nature of it, one sweep in plausible and actually better than repeated hit, cause it gives you a feeling of feeling sorry for both the crew and the two of you guys in the copter. Frankly I thought it was very well done and a nice simple finish, plus leaves room for speculations as to possible survivors. All in all great. :D

#282 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Glad you liked it Oni! Looking forward to the invasion.

#283 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

ok guys that's all I got for now. The NPCs are interrupting my thoughts with wanting actions of their own. Those will either be up later or tomorrow. Um is anyone hears from our tankers or anyone else, please let them know we are moving forward. :P

#284 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Requesting permission to set up defenses, forwarding Requisition form to GM Oni Storm. Requesting following items:
Anti-Mech mines
large amounts of plastic explosives
shoulder fired SRM, and LRM launchers
7 gallons of tar
4 gallons of Whiskey
8 gallons of pig lard
2 .75 caliber Sniper Rifles
*thinks devilishly about all the hell he could raise with all that equipment* (Rogue, the mines aren't going to be used in the way you think. I guarantee it)

#285 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Oh, almost forgot, we're going to need some smallish sacks, like a little bit bigger than a grocery sack, and made of canvas.

#286 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Requesting permission to set up defenses, forwarding Requisition form to GM Oni Storm. Requesting following items:
Anti-Mech mines
large amounts of plastic explosives
shoulder fired SRM, and LRM launchers
7 gallons of tar
4 gallons of Whiskey
8 gallons of pig lard
2 .75 caliber Sniper Rifles
*thinks devilishly about all the hell he could raise with all that equipment* (Rogue, the mines aren't going to be used in the way you think. I guarantee it)

Hmm
Satchel Charge bags - check
Barrel of Tar - check
Pig lard - no go
Whiskey - no go
Slug throwing sniper rifles - no go
Anti-'Mech mines - 4 crates worth of 5 point light 'Mech mines (can be set for 15 to 35 tons of pressure) 48 total
Plastic Explosives - no go (other than what your team has, which would amount to about 8 bricks)
http://www.sarna.net...t_Launcher_(LAW) - 12
http://www.sarna.net...Launcher_(Heavy)#Two-Tube - 2
http://www.sarna.net..._(Semi-Portable) - 2 (your squad can use 1)
http://www.sarna.net..._Rifle_(Marx_XX) - 1 you can use (fitted with 5X / 20X thermal and starlight scope)

"Have fun storming the castle" - Princess Bride :angry:

Of course in your case you're defending the a HPG relay station.

#287 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Man, Dmitri going to be pissed, now I have to use his last bottle of vodka. Oh well, I'll make one bottle work. Marines we have work to do. Also for the laser rifle, what kind of penetration will we expect from such a fine weapon?

Will get up post ASAP

#288 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

There are days when I wonder if your sole reason for posting is to anger me GW.
You wanted Whiskey to make firebombs? BLASPHEMER!

#289 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Not all of it, as I was going to have Connor, and the rest of the marines (besides Chris, who is thinking of the overall situation) thinking the same way Rogue does about this issue, and appropriate the alcohol accordingly. Besides, the alcohol when added, thins the mixture of tar so that it is actually more liquid like and sticky, therefore creating a better adhesive for our... "presents".

#290 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

HAH! GOT Rogue to reply to me. Se plan worked yes it did.

Edited by guardian wolf, 31 January 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#291 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Okay, first off, sorry for the extremely long post, I just started writing, and thought I had a moment of inspiration, will redact for approval if needed.

#292 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 31 January 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Okay, first off, sorry for the extremely long post, I just started writing, and thought I had a moment of inspiration, will redact for approval if needed.

Nah, most of it is good, only thing I'd ask is that you remove the 2nd posting inside your post. I.E. somehow it wrote it twice inside your one post. The only other minor thing is that if you are preparing for 'Mechs there are only two passes, the one from the city and the other that does indeed pass through two hills towards the west, the closest being about a half a mile away. The relay itself is built on a ridge outside of town and the approach is a long slightly sloped path from the city. The bridge would be a good spot as you pass over it leaving the city before the road out of town turns suddenly north and head up to the relay along the ridges outer edge. Hope that helps. Looks like I'll have the next step later tonight. :mellow:

#293 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Third I mentioned is like a small goat path, not really passable by heavy stuff, but if any light mechs got idears, well... *snickers* unless you'd like me to edit that out.

#294 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ummm, not to be that guy again, and do correct me if I'm missing something 'cos I haven't caught up yet, but we haven't done the invasion post yet right? So why are your marines boobytrapping everything in sight (I assume that's what's happening from Oni's post above)?

#295 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

*Holds hands up* I'm just following orders, and it keeps me from getting shot...

#296 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Man I wish Gam was here for this part :)

#297 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

<RP> Tell them buggers that we'll give no quarter, wait...*whispers from subordinate* they have fighters? READY THE LRMs, this just got interesting</RP> Where is Gamms anyway? I'm sure he'd love reading the pitched battle that is about to take place.

#298 Johnathon Drew

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Name: Jonathon Drew
Date of Birth/Age: 11 November 3025. Savannah, Free Worlds League

Bio: He was born in the free worlds league on the planet Savannah. He worked at Technicron Manufacturing where he was framed for the theft of one of the mechs the company manufactures on that planet, the QKD-5M "Quick-Draw". it was stolen by pirates from the factories minor repair yayd and when the companies resources became too much for them to avoid discovery they dumped Johnathon Drew in the cockpit on the planets surface thinking he wouldn't be able to pilot the damaged mech. what they hadn't realized was that he was obsessed with mechs and always wanted to be a Mech Warrior so he had read all of the information and specifications that he could get his hands on and had a very basic knowledge of how to pilot one. He was able to pilot it and he escaped and used most of his remaining money to pay a band of mercenaries to take him somewhere. they agreed and took him to the planet of Last Chance where they dropped him off without money. he had to strip out most of the remaining weapons on the Quickdraw just to pay for a house and get a job. The Quickdraw is at about 62 percent armor and has only one of its 4 medium lasers remaining, the srm-4 with one salvo, and the LRM-10 with 4 salvos and minor damage that causes it to generate extra heat when fired. The mech only moves at about 71.6 KM/H as compared to its usual speed of 86.4 KM/H. He has it in a small makeshift mech bay that an older ex pirate built behind his home and was kind enough to sell to him along with the house relatively cheaply without asking any questions. the house is relatively secluded from the city and he gets little knews on the happenings especially having just recently arrived. His biggest wish is to clear his name by finding the pirates who framed him. He also aspires to be a real Mechwarrior which is perhaps the reason why he didn't just sell the Mech for the few C-Bills it was worth. He is deathly afraid of the thought of never seeing his family again, and is relatively afraid of having friends for fear of being hurt or hurting them. One of his great character flaws is that he would probably end up taking just about any job that involved him learning how to pilot a battlemech.

Physical Description: He is 6 foot 1, and about 145 pounds with blue-eyes, blonde hair, and relatively light skin tone. he is thin but you can tell he is relatively athletic. He knows how to handle a firearm to a decent degree, and as a younger kid he was a relatively accomplished martial artist. he can also free run to a limited degree. Intelligent, but awkward with people and has a fear of being alone in the dark as a result of nightmares that constantly haunted his dreams as a young child. He also has a huge soft spot for girls due to his sister dying due to a bad sickness while he was young.

#299 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

He is 6 foot 1, and about 145 pounds with blue-eyes, blonde hair, and relatively light skin tone

Where have I heard this before? *begins pondering and thinking extremely hard. Suddenly expression takes an amazed, then fearful look* RUN, the Germans are here.

Seriously though, not bad story. Maybe we could have him inside Ryan's Retreat, helping them out before Oni and I have to evac the comm station.

#300 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Btw, this is pretty close to what I had in mind for the Thumper, except with rotors and not rockets. Related, you folks know there's a Starship Troopers CGI TV series? I didn't.

Go to 6m33s if it doesn't take you there automatically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users