310 replies to this topic

#41 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

From the PM I have from Oni, I got my own lance, but I'm not sure what tank #4 is.

Also sorry for not posting earlier, I've been having RL breathing down my neck, and been stressing about it. So I really appreciate being included in the op briefing, sorry didn't have a chance to post.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 29 August 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#42 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Roger that - just wanted to make sure :)

RL always comes first so no dramas Thom.

#43 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 29 August 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Thom are you with my tank lance or are you attached somewhere else? I'm going to write up my tank moving out and I need to know of I should interact with your character :)

I as well would like to know, he is attached to your lance regardless considering the old rule of a tank lance being 8. I think in your guys case it's actually 10 units or more, off the top of my head.

a Partisan for the lance's commander, he keeps it close and surrounded with the 3 LRM carriers
Thom had his Zhukov and there are 2 Manticore assigned to that wedge (NOTE: a wedge as refereed to here consists of 3 or 5 tanks)
Nomad on the other hand is considered XO and probably next in line for Command should something happen
His wedge consists of his Rommel, a Patton, and the Hertzer.

However if you guys want to run together I have no problem with it and we'll just switch out the Zhukov and the Patton
Up to you both, let me know :)

#44 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm fine with Thom doing his own thing - we can compete for the kill. Johann wants that prize badly...

#45 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Now we know... and knowing is half the battle. *cues GI Joe theme*

So... Am I to make character bios for my crew or can I just pull it out of my behind when the time comes?

#46 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

sounds good to me either way. Think Nomad did his personal tank crew, the others are mostly fluff and filler anyway. Plus you're welcome to take unsociable moose in the lodge if you want him. :) Look forward to whatever you choose when the time comes.

Edited by Oni Storm, 29 August 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#47 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'll take him, I was unprepared for the Zhukov to have a crew of 5... will try to get something up tonight if I get home at anything even approaching a decent hour.

#48 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Just a quick update I'm going to try to get something up this weekend sometime though might not be Sunday. I'm having a bit of a time here as you've probably noticed for the increasingly shorter posts. Hoping to get some time to really knock some stuff out. We're getting closer and closer to the main event. So if there are any readers out that that have been wavering on the fence now would be the time to come over. It'll be harder once the invasion begins, not impossible just a lot harder, as in running for your lives and trying to survive types. That is all. :D

#49 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts on my part. RL has kicked me in the nuts super hard, plus it turns out religious fanatic Comstar guy is hard to RP even with all the years of catholic school, but i should be jumping back in tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Again, my bad.

#50 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hey I have to hand it to you for trying to play com* The closest I ever came to playing one was a disgruntled, womanizing acolyte who'd been shuffeled around to several differnt compounds in a RPG I was running.

#51 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah Gammadin will be back with us and Carlyle is thinking of joining us. Ok, now I guess that means I better get my butt in gear. With Labor day having sacked me unexpectedly I just got free time back. going to put up a few posts tonight. Hoping to stagger some of it or maybe one long post jumping across various regions of the planet and space. Hopefully not as that can be confusing but i also hate the look of 4 back to backs by me. What do you guys think or prefer?

#52 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm not paticular... But I must say that I hate it when I post back to back a few times...

#53 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Posted. A little late, the new Skyrim DLC kept me busy playing house and dressup all day yesterday.

#54 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

will try to type more later new schedule is gang busters.

#55 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hey Oni, you okay with a squad of marines, and an APC?

As in, may I RP in this RP as that?

Edited by guardian wolf, 12 September 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#56 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Sure Wolf welcome aboard, just remember your group is probably more piratical than true marines. You may also have this as your transport vehical http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Maxim, however I will note to you that the Turret mounts the LRMs and one machine gun, while the other two MGs are mounted one per each side, thus they can't be brought to bear in the front or rear arc. Also you'll need a brief BIO here and send me privately your characters top 3 goals and a fear or two for the commander and maybe a couple of player personality goons. IE; fear of Fire, Acrophobia, They want to find the perfect girl, win the lottery, take over their own unit, etc. etc.

Figure the Maxim will at least be able to get you in and out. Now you just got to decide between wither you are housed in Hope or at Ryan's Retreat [where the current action is] it's up to you. The retreat gets you in once they drop the mech (if they do) and the other would probably link you up with Gammadin, which if you choose might bring up and interesting option for you. I'll let you decide before we open that door though {evil GM grin}

Finally I suppose you could be a private security force type working in the Hope area.

Just let me know :D

Edited by Oni Storm, 12 September 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#57 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

I like it, will probably do a small twist on PSF, maybe pirates trying to turn a new leaf? Bios coming shortly.

#58 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

sounds good, can't wait to see this group of mutts in action :) "A Team" anyone? <_< Dirty Dozen? etc etc

Edited by Oni Storm, 12 September 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#59 DigitalPanther

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hopefully it isn't too late to join the RP. Just sent a PM to the Op.
-DP

#60 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Please welcome our newest posters, guardian wolf (which many of you know) and DigitalPanther, to our fold.

Hope to see their BIOs up here soon and looking forward to their (and your) posts. <_<

It's about to get interesting (and bloody :)) in the coming weeks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users