#21 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

I see where you got confused. Let me try to explain it better:

After the Clan invasion was stopped on Tukayyid, Aidan Pryde of Clan Jade Falcon was dead. Surely he was not the only Pryde who would have died, but if you were in line to get a Pryde Bloodname would you rather go for Aidan's lineage (the hero of the campaign, who fought against the odds to become a warrior, win his Bloodname, restore the honor of the Falcon Guards, who incidentally nicknamed themselves Pryde's Pride & guarded the withdrawal of the Clan, protecting its rear, which also granted him lines in the Remembrance) or some random guy named Ralph?

It is the prestige, the honor, the glory attached to a specific Bloodline that is sought after.

To give another example, the Jorgensson Bloodname is a popular Mechwarrior phenotype in Clan Ghost Bear. It is an honor for a warrior of Clan Ghost Bear to win the Jorgensson Bloodname but there was another Jorgensson line that is quite dishonorable; the line of Clan Widowmaker. Normally when one clan absorbs another, Bloodnames are included, but after the unspeakable, despicable act by the holder of the Bloodname at the time there was no chance of that.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 19 January 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#22 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 January 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

It is the prestige, the honor, the glory attached to a specific Bloodline that is sought after.

Ah, so there are individual Bloodlines (carrying different degrees of respect and prestige) within the Bloodname that are being competed for individually (when that spot is opened by the death of the previous holder) by those warriors who are eligable based on their lineage. I think that clears up my question.

Thank you.

#23 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 January 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

To give another example, the Jorgensson Bloodname is a popular Mechwarrior phenotype in Clan Ghost Bear. It is an honor for a warrior of Clan Ghost Bear to win the Jorgensson Bloodname but there was another Jorgensson line that is quite dishonorable; the line of the Not-Named Clan. Normally when one clan absorbs another, Bloodnames are included, but after the unspeakable, despicable act by the holder of the Bloodname at the time there was no chance of that.

I think you refer to the Jorgensson from Clan Widowmaker, the one who killed Nicholas Kerensky. His line had no (genetic or family) connection to the Jorgensson line from the Ghost Bears. Otherwise the Ghost Bears would have had to find a new Khan, as the actions of the Widowmaker-Jorgensson would surely taint the entire line (like it happened with the whole Malthus Bloodname after Twycross).

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 19 January 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#24 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

Exactly, I was making a point that a Bloodname is more than just the name, it is the Bloodheritage of the name. So while Cal Jorgensson would have disgraced his line it did not affect the Jorgensson of the Ghost Bears. It is like the Kerensky name; someone from Clan Wolf who is entitled to Kerensky would either be from the Nicholas Bloodheritage or the Andery Bloodheritage. Nothing is wrong with either but I am sure you can agree that if given the choice, any warrior would go for the Nicholas Bloodheritage.

Posted Image

I also corrected my post since Cal was from Widowmaker & not Wolverine.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 19 January 2012 - 04:48 AM.

#25 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Cal Jorgensson was among many of Nicholas Kerensky followers whom joined him in for the Second Exodus travel to Strana Mechty.[2] He is also the brother of Hans Ole Jorgensson, future saKhan of Clan Ghost Bear.
mistake on sarnas part? or re-written in source material?

http://www.sarna.net.../Cal_Jorgensson

Edited by Kodiak Jorgensson, 19 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#26 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 19 January 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

mistake on sarnas part? or re-written in source material?

http://www.sarna.net.../Cal_Jorgensson

To my knowledge the pre-Catalyst sourcebooks never mention any connection between those two.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 19 January 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#27 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

It is Sarna, so I never trust what they say.

#28 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

thanks ;)

#29 Pave Low

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSydney (Australia)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

This is great. Brave Coffinail: "Ask any questions re. The Clans from birth to death & we'll try & answer.". Brave question mate.

I thought questions might be a bit easy at first...maybe for the less informed, but leading up to the harder questions.

But no: straight away - we have: (To paraphrase the menstrual cycle one) 'Talk about 'Womens socio-biological role in Clan society.' 101 Lolllz.

What is admirable is that people actually knew the answer & from what book!! Amazing. I will have to read up...

#30 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

This is a retraction & an EDIT. The statement on Sarna is accurate. The reason I never went along with what they had on their site was because they never could quote from the source material to back up what they wrote. Apparently in this instance they are correct. I just checked the Historical Operations: Operation Klondike & it states that Cal & Hans Jorgensson were brothers. My apologies if I misled anyone.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 19 January 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#31 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Now this looks like an interesting thread...I will reserve my answers to Smoke Jaguar related questions though...otherwise this thread would turn into reddit for me ;)

#32 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 19 January 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

This is a retraction & an EDIT. The statement on Sarna is accurate. The reason I never went along with what they had on their site was because they never could quote from the source material to back up what they wrote. Apparently in this instance they are correct. I just check the Historical Operations: Operation Klondike & it states that Cal & Hans Jorgensson were brothers. My apologies if I misled anyone.

Is this sourcebook a Catalyst release?

#33 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

Is this sourcebook a Catalyst release?

Yes, Operation Klondike is Catalyst

#34 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 19 January 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yes, Operation Klondike is Catalyst

K, thx. Then its a retcon. And a pretty useless one. Guess I'll just ignore it.

#35 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

K, thx. Then its a retcon. And a pretty useless one. Guess I'll just ignore it.

You sir are an upstanding citizen with great wisdom and understanding

#36 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

So they are not brothers because the book that says so is Catayst?

#37 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 19 January 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

That is what some players think. Yes. I like both universes, If It has Battletech in the title I am all for it.

#38 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

Other than Kell (honestly i don't think anyone in the clans outside of WiE think it's real), have there been any other Bloodnames added aside from the founders of the clans?

#39 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 19 January 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

You know, this is a retcon that makes no sense at all. It simply wasn't needed to suddenly make them brothers. You know how clanners are, from the point where Cal Jorgensson killed Nicholas Kerensky, incident or not, Hans Jorgensson would have only been known as "the brother of the ilKhan's killer". He along with all Ghost Bears would have been scorned by every other clan, no matter that he had nothing to do with said incident. And, as the ilKhan obviously let siblings stay together when he created the clans, why was Cal Jorgensson assigned to the Widowmakers instead of the Ghost Bears?

So yes, in my little world both Jorgenssons are no brothers. But of course I'm not going to press that claim.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 19 January 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#40 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

That clearly was not the case as Hans bore no backlash of his brother's doing. Remember in the Clan's world only that particular Bloodheritage was tainted. It is also why some Bloodheritages are more prestigious than others or some are shunned & scorned.This is sort of like the Clan Coyote Blood Scandal.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 19 January 2012 - 02:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users