dilemma: need more info on founder's package

23 replies to this topic

#1 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

I looked a bit around and couldn't find clear info. Sorry, if you heard the same questions thousands times.

Everyone say on fansites/press the game is to be released the 7th August. Is that true? (no open beta?)

Will I be able to buy a founder's package after that date?

My problem is: I refuse to pay for a game I cannot test. However, If I like the game, I would love to buy a founder's package.

So now, I fear the offer will disappear before I can even test the game :)
(and if I miss that offer, I will probably get disappointed and never play the game at all)

#2 Sunny0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationMars / Glass Sphere No. 93

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostGaulois, on 06 August 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I looked a bit around and couldn't find clear info. Sorry, if you heard the same questions thousands times.

Everyone say on fansites/press the game is to be released the 7th August. Is that true? (no open beta?)

My problem is: I refuse to pay for a game I cannot test. However, If I like the game, I would love to buy a founder's package.

(and if I miss that offer, I will probably get disappointed and never play the game at all)

At 7.Aug it's still closed beta, probably after that date you can't buy a founder pack anymore.

Cheers,

Law

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Still a closed beta. It WAS supposed to be an "early release" but release was pushed back (this was announced months ago)

The END of founder's packs has not been announced yet, but is speculated to be very soon (possibly tomorrow)

Almost everyone in the founders bought it without being able to play it, we all bought it based on the dev blogs, videos, and a bit of faith. $30 is not that much to pre-pay for a game. If you're not willing to buy on faith, you'll have to wait for open beta (which will only be a few weeks away, date undisclosed but 'by the end of summer')

#4 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

No, 7th is still closed beta (stage 2 to be exact). After that there will be open beta at some point, exact date unknown.

I don't think so.

#5 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 06 August 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Almost everyone in the founders bought it without being able to play it, we all bought it based on the dev blogs, videos, and a bit of faith. $30 is not that much to pre-pay for a game.

true, but I wanted to directly get the highest package. No point buying the small one to get in, then the big one on top for the bonuses.

#6 Shadowfist

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

No. Aug 7th is still closed beta.. they are just introducing the new mechs to play with for beta.

From what I've read, no. The offer ends 8/7. No more founders toys for people.

#7 Minsc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 463 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

If you are on the fence, then don't worry about it and wait until open beta to save yourself buyers remorse. The founders pack is a combination of services and digital goods as follows:

Access to the closed beta
Game money
Pretty skin on a mech
Said mech gives convenience of less grinding of cash
Some Premium time

The Injection date of the digital goods is tomorrow. Everything there is available for purchase after launch, minus the mech. If you want to gamble, by all means, purchase a founders pack, but understand it would be a gamble on your part. Sometimes they pay off, sometimes you kick yourself.

#8 vpalmer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

when premium account timer will start up? at 7aug?

#9 Popov

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostGaulois, on 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

true, but I wanted to directly get the highest package. No point buying the small one to get in, then the big one on top for the bonuses.

You can buy the smallest package then upgrade it to the more expensive ones for the diference in cost so you will not be paying for one and then the next etc. (i.e. $30 for veteran, pay another $30 and you become elite and another $60 to become Legendary - or $30 for veteran then $90 straight to legendary)

Edited by popov, 06 August 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Indy GosHawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHuntingdon, Cambs UK

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

dude, just splash out! this is the FIRST MECHWARRIOR GAME RELEASE IN 10 YEARS!
If ur a fan, u gotta splash out! ive not looked at anything MW/BT in eight YEARS (r/l gets in the way) but i am sooooooooooooooo
gald i got the chance to BETA what will probably be my fav game for the next 3 yrs!

#11 Veevslav

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I was in the same boat... I caved and bought founders.....

#12 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Best thing I can tell you without breaking any rules is, I did buy the most expensive package, I have played the game, and I am very glad I bought the most expensive package.

#13 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

All I can say is that I originally bought the Elite Founder and then upgraded. This game has so much potential.

#14 Distel

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Stop contemplating and just get a founders back!!!

#15 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

View Postvpalmer, on 06 August 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

when premium account timer will start up? at 7aug?

Anyone in Beta with a "Founder's Package" will note that the premium account status is inactive... your upgraded account will most likely go active upon "Open Beta" release, or "Final Version" release... just speculating, but this is logical... no point having a premium account that runs out before the actual release.

#16 Inappropriate042

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Maryland USA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

It would be exceptionally wise to purchase a founders pack.

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

you're able to upgrade after purchase. $30 gets you in with the smallest risk possible, then if you like it you can pony up the difference

with open beta as-yet-unannounced, you should have time enough to try every mech and every weapon to see if you will enjoy it enough to upgrade.

#18 Celldoor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Read Developer Update- Aug 7 will explain

#19 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Gaulois, i will try to cpmpiçate as much info as possible to you regarding the founders pack, based on the information i gathered myself and a bit of speculation (everything that i will said that is not backed by offical information will be blackned out and underlined like this).

First and foremost, 7th August is the launching of the CLOSED BETA. the OPEN BETA has not been officially announced yet but has been promissed to be launched UNTIL the end of Summer.
Second, according to this official announcement made today (http://mwomercs.com/...date-august-7th), the founders pack program will be extended due to demand, but there is no announcement as to when the program will end.
Now, regarding to info about the program itself, there are 3 available packages to be bought, each with stacking benefficts. what is not well explained is that these packages can be upgraded afterwards if you decide to invest more.
Currently, all founders will received early access to the closed beta, and although nothing has been said in the matter, the sheer amount of people that bought the founders pack on "faith" and the extension of the program sales duration hints that problably either only founders will receive said access or only a VERY limited number of non founders will receive random beta access. of course this is suposition based ONLY in my suspicions, there has been no official statements on this matter yet (community please feel free to correct me in this if i'm wrong).
the others sets of beneficts from the founders program is that each package gives an ammount of premium account status, wich has been officially stated that said status will grant 50% bonus in both XP and CB (the game currency). the ammont of premium account time varies from package to package.
Each package also contains a certain ammount of in-game currency equivalent U$40 in the veteran pack and U$80 dollars in elite and legendary packs. what this in-game currency will be good for and how it will be used is still largely unknown, but since MWO will be a free to play game, it is a safe bet that it will be used either as regular currency to buy gear (in wich case you could buy items that are sold normally in game with real money instead of virtual money made ingame) or to buy premium content (in MMO's these usually are either cosmetic items to alter or improve the appearance of your character/mech, or consumable perks to give temporary boosts, or special equipment that can only be purchased with real money and can't be obtained with virtual money made ingame), or even possibly both.
Elite and legendary packages will also receive bonus mechs called "founders" mechs. thus far this seens to be only benefict excluse to the founders program and that cannot be obtained anyway else, however this is also suscetible to change in the future. these "founders" mechs are based 4 specific mechs models (light jenner, medium hunchback, heavy catapult and assaul atlas) tha will be purchasable regularly in the game, these "founders mechs" will be identical to these regular mechs, but will receive 25% bonus in xp and cb when used. there is no information yet to wether or not you will be able to choose a mech variant to be your founder mech or if it will be a set variant (variants are different versions of the same chassis that in the tabletop game offers different sets of weaponry). you can choose one "founder mech" if you buy elite or all 4 of the if you go legendary.
And last but not least, buyers of the Legendary pack will have their names added to the game credits.

An example: you decide to buy a veteran pack for U$30, you will receive access to the cloed beta, a month of premium account and U$40 equivalent in ingame currency. if you later on decide to upgrade your pack to elite, you will ONLY PAY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEN THE VALUE OF ELITE AND VETERAN CAUSE YOU ALREADY PAYED U$30 FOR THE VETERAN PACK. then you receive an additional month of premium account, more U$40 dollars worth of ingame currency (since you already have U$40 you receive another U$40 to complete U$80) and will choose ONE "founder mech". if you decide to upgrade to legendary, you pay the difference from your current pack (U$90 if you are veteran, U$ 60 if you are elite) and receive either 2 additional months of premium account if you where veteran or 1 additional month if you where elite. additional U$40 IF YOU WHERE VETERAN (if you WHERE elite you don't gain additional cash) and all the "founders mechs" (or the other 3 if you upgraded from elite).

hope this helps in your decision.

#20 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

With that many great answers, there was only one logical conclusion. Thanks everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users