View PostWMC Gomez, on 20 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Lets see...

Battletech TT back in early 90's
Crescent Hawk
Crescent Hawk Revenge
MW2 and all the expansions
MW3 and all the expansions
MW4 and all the expansions
Virtual World - Old Tesla 2 pods, still have the mission pins somewhere....
Mech Assult
Mech Assult 2
and most important.... MPBT 3025!

Ah, Crescent Hawk's Revenge. The first computer game I ever bought on my 286 pc. One of the first RTS games ever produced and hard as hell at times. I loved my Marauder+ command mech with the gauss rifle.

#62 Treejey

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Started with 2, played them all through 4, and all expansions. Stop playing 4 when the high explosives glitch got too popular.

#63 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

My first experience with MW was 2 (I love the Marauder mkII), but my dad had the Battletech game in the closet. I ended up skipping 3 and played 4 a little bit. I've also played Mech Commander 2. Other than that my experience is in loitering around hobby shops and looking for models I liked and painting them.

#64 xPVx

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Watched Robo-tech as a kid. Played Mechwarrior 1 on my dads 386sx computer, then when I grew up played a Vengence demo, loved it so I bought Mechwarrior 4: Mercanaries. Then I played with a couple of different units until I decided to found The Midnight Sons. From there we competed with the best for years at Mechwarrior Leagues.

Outside of competition I beta'd with Mektek for a bit under the handle Dorian Gray.

-Pv
www.themidnightsons.us

#65 Man From AUNTIE

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWA state

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Started with Tabletop, 1st edition, back in the 80s. Even played the full campaign, from jumping in system to planetfall, my best friend in high school had AeroTech, CityTech, and BattleTech tabletop.

MechWarrior 1 thru 4. Only played MW3 online at MSZone. Even played the first Cresent Hawks game. Just download the MW4 Mercs and playing the single player game now to get use to the controls with a laptop now then going to play online and die.....A LOT. ;)

#66 Lynx Howell

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Played the mechcommander 1 and 2 games to death, Mechcommander 1 is one of my all time favourites. I started to play MW4 Mercs because of this.. and ended up playing it for about 3 years in the leagues (I was a member of Clan Smoke Jaguar in the NBT league) later became Clan Star Adder. Subsequently got interested in the CBT universe, and have 100s of models and read quite a few books. A devoted clanner, ohh and the cartoon is fantastic!! (I was Lynx Osis in the NBT league)

Edited by Lynx Howell, 26 January 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#67 Nitecaller

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Started my Mech addiction in high school with the BattleTech boardgame. This was back when you would get a group together and go somewhere that had usable tablespace. Years later I joined a role playing group that would get together once a month and split out between the D&D group, Battletech, and a couple others in a big building with nothing but open table space!. It was a blast getting together with people you never know but all shared a combines interest. Yeah this was before the internet and before rude smack talking 12 year olds with zero respect for anyone else! LOL

Later on I played Mechwarrior, then Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 3, and Mechwarrior 4. They were all a blast but still to this day I think Mechwarrior 3 was the best of the 4 and that Mechwarrior 4 took too much away and added in weapons that didn't exist in the Battetech world!! I also didn't like being extrememly limited on mech design and what you could even add to a mech. What I can only use energy weapons on this one? Yeah like that. I also missed my Mobile Field bases I had grown to love in MW3!

All the way up till MW4 I loved my Timberwolf (Mad Cat to the IS) and almost always had jumpjets on them. They were usually multi range and handeled the online battles back then pretty good. MW4 was fun but always seemed to be lacking something. ;)

Anyway I was crushed when Microsoft cancelled MW5 and MechAssult just doesn't cut it for those of us that grew up customizing our mechs per mission ourselves piece by piece. Hmm there is a lot of water on this map...Move Heatsinks to the legs, Lots of high and low lands with steep edges... change design and add JumpJets and possibly scale back the long range weapons since you could actually switch to passive scan and run through the lower lands up closer to the enemy and suprise them.

I miss those days!!

I'm really looking forwards to this Mech opportunity and yet am sad that I will not be able to fully enjoy it as much as I could of in my younger years due to family/Work time restraints but will definitly be looking forward to this adventure!

Lets just hope they actually crack down on the cheating/hacks and keep things equalized! Well until someone grabs their wallet, but we will see what they allow users to buy and what they make you work for!

See you all online! Just hope I'm 1/2 as good as I was back in my MW3 online days!!

Edited by Nitecaller, 26 January 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#68 Hammer Hands

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Ru

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Greetings fellow Pilots, Here's my history of piloting.

BattleTech Table Top(still to this day, found Battletech after my Uncle got me hooked on Robotech)

MW1

MW 3050 SNES

MW2:single player

MW3

MW4

I have also dropped enough money at various Dave and Buster's, and the Virtual World (Out of business now. ;) ) in San Deigo to ensure I have a permanent invite to yearly tournament in Texas. Now I live in Georgia and there' nowhere to play in the virtual pods.

Seriously looking forward to this game.

#69 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I started to play MW2 when i was around 14 i think with my neighbor and played all the MW2 games for years even when i got MW3.
The best instant action was MW2 GBL, because it had randomizer... nothing beats random mech waves !
i played MW3 for so long and still play it on my old xp laptop (i kept specially for mw3! )
when i got my first 28k modem i played MPBT Solaris on AOL with the GDL as [GDL] Kai Allard.

I keep on fighting millions of lancefights in MPBT Solaris, untill it was shut down and we switched to MPBT 3025 where i changed to [GDL] Reno Blade, because the grand scale made the name apear strange in the GDL.
We played through all the 3025 time and switched to MW4 when EA stopped the beta (RIP), but it was a bad substitute MW game in point of the BT universe.
We still kept on training and doing lots of bot-hunting, but didnt realy get into the league play back then.

i still played all MW4 games, Mechcommander and even got the old MW1 and Crescent Hawks games somewhere to complete my collection.

I got all the books, but didnt bother with the dark age. the new "classic" books were not released in germany, or at least i missed the few that were.

I was realy happy when MWLL got released, but my machine is still too slow to enjoy it fully.
And of course without the old guys from the GDL, i feel a bit lonly at MWLL. (players like Ramage, Diablo, Lori, Deathwing, Mandra, DeVillar, Trantor and many more good men and women)

I cant wait to get back into a MPBT type of Mechwarrior online game ;)

#70 renegade mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Logged in to AOL one day and saw this big add for AOL Solaris back in 95 orn 96. Downloaded the game on my high speed 26k dial up. lol Anyway played the game for about a month, but the pay by hour was way too much for my budget at the time. Heard of MW2 and got the game. Played single player for that and Ghost Bear. After got MW2 Mercs and got into limited online play, think it was Kali. Skipped MW3 as my pc had died. Got MW4 when it released back in november of 2000. Was in zonematch, and saw a recruiting server by CHH. Met some great guys and today consider them great friends. Joined them and played in various leagues, best being NBT4 and NBT4 Mercs. At one time we merged with CSA in NBT4. Got to say lots of good memories, great drops, and great friends made along the way. ;)

#71 merged

• Pip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCLE

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Played MW2 back in middleschool. I got my jollies off of firing 8x LRM 20's at a Dire Wolf and annihilating it without batting an eye. I've played every game in the series, but I think I enjoyed Mech Commander the most.

#72 Naga

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

So, just a bit of history:

Battletech table top. Origional boxed set...
MW2
MW3 (Think I actually got a pre-release demo copy)
MW4
Virtual Geographic League. Got a Burton pin among others, somewhere...
Mech Assult
Mech Assult 2
Mech Commander

And I'm sure I missed some...

#73 Jarlath

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Damned... All the young people on the board. Like a small few it seems, I started way back in the table top board game days when the ONLY autocannon was later named Autocannon 5.

I still have around 200 or so of the older miniatures and still love 3025 tech levels for the board game.

I remember MW and the most dangerous mech was the LCT. Charge up to the BLR and you were out of their fire arcs... Easy killing... All the MW versions including Mech Commander. Hate Dark Ages with a passion.

Played MUSE/MUX/etc.. of several iterations of text based online play. My name was always Justin/Jarlath with an alias.shortform of Jux.

Recently playing Mech Hero online, different, but looking forwards to this launching.

- Jarlath

#74 blackwingz

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

this is going to be my second time playing a MW game tho the first time i played a MW game i have no idea on how to play the game and got stuck in some kind of level or tutorial, but that was like when i was still in elementary school. so my knowledge and experience on MW is zero. So hopefully the community can fill me in on the history and kinds of MW.

#75 Othgar

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Man, MW4 and I go back, I was slightly.... off as a kid, therefore, my parents would not let me play any shooting games except for MW4 because I was shooting robots, not people. But hot damn, this was 1000 times better than people shooting people! This was freaking 100 ton walking behemoths shooting lasers and missiles! All I can say is, thank you mom and dad for grounding me and introducing me to a truly great game.

#76 Battlefinger

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm in WA myself, but born a bit too late to enjoy the tabletop. MW2 was pretty much my first computer game, and immediately I was hooked. Big walking deathmachines, what's not cool about that for a 5-year old? Never played any other mech game until the free release of MW4:Mercs, as I never really saw them anywhere. It's a bit of an issue in Australia, in America every single hobby is catered for somewhere, but Australia really misses out a lot of things. I love MW:LL, but have about 300-400 ping to most servers. Occasionally a brit one is open with like 200 ping, big improvement :lol: But since MW2, I slowly built up a collection of minis, if only there were enough interested Australians to compete against :wacko:

#77 chill1ray

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSome Back Water Planet!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Lets see I played

I also teeethed my first mechwarrior on the battletech tabletop with the hex terrain pieces on 2 pingpong table over 500 that we converted into a role-playing game run by one gm and his 2 field assistance as we were a 8 to 10 player group. we used the G.U.R.P.S. for the out of mech play! becouse of Ultra-Tech module.

MW-3

MW-4 -veangance-all updates and clan packs

MW-4 -mercanaries i think it was

I thought their was one more mechwarrior game that came after but I cant think of it!

#78 Boz

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

I played the Original Mechwarrior.
Then I found the GEnie Online Network and played Multiplayer Battletech there and later on AOL.
I have played every Mechwarrior game since and the Mech Assault games.
I was even fortunate enough to find a place called Virtual World and play in the Battletech simulators they had.

Honestly though nothing ever was as good as MPBT where you worked with your House and your actions could actually alter the lines on the map as you took control of the various worlds. I had high hopes when EA came out with Battletech 3025 since they contacted many from MPBT to help with the developement. I was in the beta and it seemed to be going well but then they pulled the plug and the game died. I am hoping to see some of the old veterans that I worked with long ago.

I finished MPBT as Col. Boz of the Capellan Confederation and was in command of McCarron's Armored Cavalry. My superiors were Mao and Blackwidow and so if you guys or any others from House Liao see this please reply. I look forward to renewing old friendships.

#79 Jeager51

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

My first Battletech game was playing Cresent Hawks 2 at a friends place one weekend. Still hate Demolishers because of that game. Next was MW for the SNes. Followed by Table top Battletech that I still do occasionaly to this day. Then MW 2. I missed Mech warrior 3 due to lack of a proper computer and Mech warrior 4 Due to college. :lol: Mech Assault got me playing pretty hard for a while, as did Mech Assault 2( though that one lasted only till I beat the campaign, *** torso mech fight?) I played around a little with Megamek but never got to deep into it. Looking forward to this iteration to finaly get back into Online Mech fights.

#80 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

I started with Tabletop as well, and still play to this day, as well have most of the books, many of the ones by Stackpole and Coleman autographed, my personalised signed copy of "Assumption Of Risk" is one of my most loved books.

I played Mechwarrior 1, but it was long ago, not even sure what system it was on, but downloaded on an emulaltor later when I was older just for the fun of it, and I also played through all of the Crescent Hawks game, Revenge and Inception I want to say this was on my old 386, jumped between Crescent Hawks Revenge and Ultima 5 Warriors of Desitiny at the time =P

Later moved to MW 2, and played in a at home lan party group for that and descent for a bit, and of course played the Ghost Bear Legacy and MW2 Mrecs expansions and Clan Ghost Bear is still my fantasy football team name to this day. I played MW3 and Pirate moon, and have to say I was not fond of the controls on MW3 so it was my least favorite of the games. MW4 was my least favorite of the cores games, but I loved the contorls, so the oppsite of MW3. However the MW4 Expansions kicked it, Black Kinght was good, MW4 Mrecs rocked. I'm not big on consule gaming so I did not play the Mech Assult series, but I love RTS games and LOVED the Mech Commander games and want to see more of them.

Many people have also mentioned the Virtual World Sims, I lived in Atlanta Georiga during the time when Virtual World had a Battletech sim pod set at Dave and Busters at Wade Road location in Atlanta, and have about 300 VR sim matches under my belt also, which was fun I got all the cool toys while playing with normal people, but certain crits unlock at certain levels. So a noob playing just a random game can not, for exapmle torso twist, and does not have to worry about ammo, or crits... once you have 100 battles under your belt you do, but it also unlocked new mechs for at that stage, normally light mechs so fast some moron playing the game for thier 2nd time in a loaded out mad cat was so slow they would be dead before they got you in thier crosshairs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users