• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Until the clan invasion begins and we are given the option to become a part of the clans (through one method or another), what do you intend to work towards piloting?

Personally? Given I would like to end up in a Hellbringer, I would love to rack up quite a few hundred hours in a WHM-6R. That way, by the time I become one with the clan war machine, I would be extremely well versed in the tactics of using an over-gunned, under-armored mech. Similar weapon profiles should make it a near painless transition, and the inclusion of the Hellbringer's innate electronic warfare systems should inject a healthy amount of fun into the game for me as well.

#2 Maurice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 160 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEasthampton Ma.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Locust speed is life

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Striker

#4 BahamutZero

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm a tard and am a fan of symetry and LRMS probablly a catapult until I can get a Vulture or Mad Cat ~swoons~ I think I might go play some mechcommander... Thinking about this game hurts my insides. I have not enough mechs in my life! @____@

#5 Jake Grafton

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm hoping that some of the ComStar mechs get added to the mix. That way some advanced tech can slip into the mix early. Personally I like the Spartan. Decent weapons mix and the staying power to slug it out. The Highlander also lands on my wish list. The jumpjets add a whole dimension of fun into the mix. Who wouldn't want to float 90 tons in the air and drop it down on some unsuspecting future pile of scrap.

#6 Undead

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Depends on our options. I would probably take a Black Knight. It was good enough for Elizabeth Hazen. :)

#7 Conradiqlous

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

For me, it's not what I'm piloting while I wait for the clans, as I probably will stay with the Inner Sphere.
And to answer the question- Dragon :)

#8 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

An Atlas with a potato-gatling-gun. All clans will fear to invade planet Ireland! Nothing is more embarrasing to a clansman than "death by a potato". Muhuhahaha.

Edited by XxDRxDEATHxX, 21 January 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#9 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm sticking with IS mechs, mostly mediums such as the Hunchback as its a mean machine or a Centurion, and iventually the good old Bushy. The only heavies I will pilet will most likely be a Warhammer, Catapolt, or Maraurder. The only Clan mech I will ever use with out hesitation would be the Vulture. I also adimently refuse to pilet a Shadow Cat because they are to popular with every one, but mostly I always have more fun destroying them then using one. But thats just me.

#10 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Marauder or Warhammer, I could also go for a Phoenix Hawk

#11 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thunderbolt and Orion mostly but there is also the Cataphract, Archer, Flashman, and Marauder. I will have time logged in just about everything I can between 60-75 tons. :D

#12 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Marauder for preference, failing that something in the 60 - 75 ton range with a decent mix of weapons. If pushed maybe an assault like an Awesome or Cyclops.

Semyon

#13 Jerous

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'd have to take the SL downgraded Crab CRB-20. Decent enough armour, no ammo worries, fast enough movement. No jump jets but in mechs of this weight class that just makes them under powered.

Once clan tech starts leaking out, switch out some of those lasers for ER or Pulse ones.

#14 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

I don't really feel like piloting a clan mech. As long as the IS mechs somehow remain remotely competitive I'll stick with those.

I doubt they'll make the clan mechs too over the top or else everyone would pilot them and that might cause some problems. Either way just for the sake of answering the question, I'd really like to go with an unseen model or an Awesome for IS and if forced to go clan I'd probably pick a heavy or assault model as usually.

Edited by Elizander, 21 January 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#15 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

there are so many good mechs out there, for assaults: Victor, Banshee, Awesome, Battlemaster, Zeus, Atlas / Heavies: Marauder, Warhammer, Orion, Cestus, Archer, Cataphract / Mediums: Griffin, Wolverine, Centurion, Vindicator, Sentinal(Royal Star League Varient),Trebuchet, Whitworth, Shadow Hawk, Phionx Hawk / Light: Spider, Wasp, Panther, Firestarter, Commando.

these are all options, and it will be hard to pick which ones to use, hopefully we will have next to unlimited mech bay space, or at the very least allow us to have more than one account attatched to the same email. there are just so many mechs I like for so many different reasons, it will be very hard to stick with just one or two.

#16 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

At the low end, the Locust, in the heavy range the Marauder.
Otherwise, not sure - Shadow Hawk perhaps.

#17 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

would love to start with a flashman if it get added, when the clans come along ill work towards my trusty warhawk :D

#18 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

Champion

#19 Ferrox

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

Griffin for me.

Fast, a good set of weapons,decent armor and jump capable.

#20 Drakanis82

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

I love my catapult, and if someone can backup with a narc system, then it will be orgasmic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users