Ask The Devs 12 - Answers!

34 replies to this topic

#21 Serpentstar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Tis another sad Dev answering. What is it, they pick and choose from the first couple of entries, regardless of the quality and frequency of subsequent questions?

#22 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

why is it, when I ask questions that matter, like about how will the transition to the clan factions will happen for those who, you know, WANT to join them with the account that has the founders thingy, always seem to go ignored and unanswered?

#23 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

because they are making the game as they go.

#24 Banto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGermany, Bavaria

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 08 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

why is it, when I ask questions that matter, like about how will the transition to the clan factions will happen for those who, you know, WANT to join them with the account that has the founders thingy, always seem to go ignored and unanswered?

Because this thing only gets interesting in about a year. Why do you even bother by now, joining the f'cking clans and get your über-pew-pew-gear?!

OnTopic:
Am I the only one with the feeling, every answer in this thread was already stated somewhere else in one form or the other?
Except the must-have troll and fun answers (which could be reduced to one per "Answer!"-Thread for being a running gag, instead of feeling like they make the "Answer!"-Thread obsolet).

Well, at least the devs ARE communicating with the community. That is a good thing.

#25 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostButane9000, on 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I didn't expect to get an answer, thus the question.

I searched the forums for your questions so I could ask them for you as a bit of comedy, but they all suck or have been answered already. FAIL.

#26 BigRob

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yet again no answers.

#27 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostStreeter, on 08 August 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

I searched the forums for your questions so I could ask them for you as a bit of comedy, but they all suck or have been answered already. FAIL.

Thanks, I guess?

#28 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostBanto, on 08 August 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Because this thing only gets interesting in about a year. Why do you even bother by now, joining the f'cking clans and get your über-pew-pew-gear?!

OnTopic:
Am I the only one with the feeling, every answer in this thread was already stated somewhere else in one form or the other?
Except the must-have troll and fun answers (which could be reduced to one per "Answer!"-Thread for being a running gag, instead of feeling like they make the "Answer!"-Thread obsolet).

Well, at least the devs ARE communicating with the community. That is a good thing.

Banto, I am for the Clans because they appeal to me on a level other than the power level of the weapons and mechs. It is a bloody valid question, because, I need to know how the change from IS to Clan will be handled for those of us who WISH to make the jump. Does this mean I need a new account to buy founders on? Does this mean I just change factions and all is good? What does the change entail and what is it going to cost me? And its NOT a year out, far far from it. They make the first move in a few WEEKS when they take Kell. THEN in March, March 20, 3050/2013 they arrive in full force with the initial clans that start the invasion. Time is running out, and we do not know how long the founders thing will keep going, as it is, it should have ended days ago.

#29 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 August 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Another very disappointing Ask The Devs. Sorry Garth, you've lost your touch.

*NOTE* This is just a joke, but this made me think of....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNWSEX-WqU

Edited by Jack Gallows, 10 August 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#30 JG52Krupi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Good to know that it was time well spent trying to come up with a good question, what a ******* joke....

#31 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 August 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Garth is afraid of breaking NDA... especially after what happened to InouyeClone_632 back when he leaked the ComShield password...

When did this happen?

On a side note I'd like my questions about the game to be answered also. Seeing people post questions that have been answered in the Dev Blogs is painful.

These should be posted as a required reading before asking a question:

Dev blog 1 community warfare (won't be in game until 1 month after launch)

Dev blog 2 information warfare

Dev blog 3 role warfare

Dev blog 4 role warfare (XP and skill tree)

Dev blog 5 mech warfare

Dev blog 6 mech lab

Edited by BFett, 10 August 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#32 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

I agree with the disappointment aspect. They seem to be getting MORE tight lipped on features and less forthcoming. Choosing stupid questions to answer is cute and all (I'm all for the devs expressing their sense of humors), but it would be nice if you would actually answer questions that haven't been answered before through announcements or stickies or some kind of 3rd party update, e.g. IGN, PCGAMER. Call it entitlement, call it fanboyism, call it obsession but however you want to look at it the closer this game gets to open beta (yes I know its TBD) the more info we should have about the game, not less.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 10 August 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#33 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Fun questions and jokes are fine if devs wanna post them in the forums in replies to general post but these questions they answer should be specific about the game and gameplay....Tired of 2-4 questions being wasted on crap.

...UNLESS, they give us Quad mechs in game like the Goliath. Then all is forgiven :D (At least when the clans come we should get some...please?)

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Goliath
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Barghest
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sirocco
http://www.sarna.net...hunder_Stallion
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Snow_Fox
Etc....
http://mwomercs.com/...hs/page__st__60

Edited by Onyx Rain, 10 August 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#34 Boss Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Maybe you guys are asking questions that they don't know the answer to yet? Give em a break.

#35 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostBoss Awesome, on 10 August 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Maybe you guys are asking questions that they don't know the answer to yet? Give em a break.

The absurdity of this post is over 9000.

If they don't know what they are going to do or have some kind of development map then that's just bad business. You don't just make it up as you go... unless you WANT to fail.

Liking your own post is also absurd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users