MPBT Players Thread

379 replies to this topic

#221 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hey Ender, any chance posting that roster? Trying to remember how far I made it before they closed up shop on AOL, I think I made captain but not sure.

#222 knightwire

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 12 March 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Indy/knightwire, (sorry, calling you Joe hits close to home considering that's what DW was also known by), I started playing MPBT in 1992. I took a break between late 1993 through early 1995 because of grad school and work. Once I returned I've played MPBT in all it's various forms.

I'm one of the original 8 *K* along with Bruiser, Dog, Guile, Peanut, Orion Star, Ghostrider, and Wolf.

Ha... you're one of the original 8 Knights... probably should have remembered that. :D Ah well I forgot about Dog and Guile as well. I think a majority of my time in MPBT was in that gap you mention above. Regardless I have pictures of Bruiser, Peanut, Ghost, Wolf, DW (That's what we called Joe Balshone) and I think VonReichman from Gencon (I guessing '94) when it was still in Wisconsin. We were sporting Gunslinger and Outlaw hats. :D I'll dig those up and scan them in. I got Orion Star on facebook as well I'll have to tell him to come check this place out... he may have some older stuff to share as well.

It sounds as if Wolf has left us as well. That's hard to hear. :huh:

-Joe

#223 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Massively.com has been doing a series of articles on Kesmai Studios. MPBT is in this story.

- Garg.

#224 XMenSF

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

"soon"

loving the nestalgia from everyone. :lol:

#225 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postknightwire, on 13 March 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Ha... you're one of the original 8 Knights... probably should have remembered that. :( Ah well I forgot about Dog and Guile as well. I think a majority of my time in MPBT was in that gap you mention above. Regardless I have pictures of Bruiser, Peanut, Ghost, Wolf, DW (That's what we called Joe Balshone) and I think VonReichman from Gencon (I guessing '94) when it was still in Wisconsin. We were sporting Gunslinger and Outlaw hats. :lol: I'll dig those up and scan them in. I got Orion Star on facebook as well I'll have to tell him to come check this place out... he may have some older stuff to share as well.

It sounds as if Wolf has left us as well. That's hard to hear. :P

-Joe

Wow, I was at Gencon in '94 . I remember a number of TBC being there , as well as Soulscream , Handlebar and a few others . Uncle Skippy , Phil DeLuca was there as well as Kelton , Kesmai's main programmer.

Went by Loremaster Reaper *WDMC* back then .

#226 Tha DoggFather

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Well this sure does look interesting. :)

#227 Tha DoggFather

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

This thread is like a time warp. Awesome to read. :)

#228 Rhyus

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I played a good deal of 3025 and I hope that this game will be more like it than just a mod to the Crysis game. I played with HHoD (Head Hunters of Davion) in 3025 and after for a while up through MechWarrior 4. I hope to meet and play with them again. Oh, my callsigh with the HHoD was Ambush.

#229 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

old school peeps keep on comin...

#230 Rogan Lysis

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

There's no school like the old school.

#231 XMenSF

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

well well well...look who it is its the Doggie ;)

#232 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

Man I am chuckling just reading this thread. I never thought I would see X outside of just being a trainer but it looks like he has much more talent then I first thought. As many have said this is a major flash back to the 3025 and EA (who I never will forgive Microspft included) I think the only person I have not seen on here yet is BobBagels but I have this sneaking suspision he is lurking in the shadows waiting to jump up with an Alpha Strike.

I do hope this game gets off the ground the forums look good so far. It would be wonderful to drop with you all again and enjoy being in amech battle with old friends. Be well and safe all see you on planet soon.

#233 Tha DoggFather

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostXMenSF, on 30 March 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

well well well...look who it is its the Doggie :huh:

What's going on X! I still miss this community dearly. Probably twice a year I get the urge to look around the web to see if there's anything new, and this caught my eye. Hoping it fills the void!

#234 Spike9711137

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostVictoryRoad, on 03 November 2011 - 07:38 PM, said:

Miss them days.

Posted Image

Former mpbt3025 player here. There I am! Seeing this screenshot get posted brought a smile to my face. :(

#235 Deathwarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGalesburg MI

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostTha DoggFather, on 31 March 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

What's going on X! I still miss this community dearly. Probably twice a year I get the urge to look around the web to see if there's anything new, and this caught my eye. Hoping it fills the void!

Register at draagun.com and be a cool kid Dogg.

#236 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Holy Crap, DW!! When did you get here!

#237 XMenSF

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

he's lurking like many of us :(

#238 Throttle

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

I have played and loved almost every Mechwarrior/Battletech game. From PnP to Crescent Hawk to Virtual World Pods. I even kicked around some of the MUD's back in the day, but I was never prouder of the day I got my invite to the MPBT: 3025 that EA was developing (shortly after they got it from Kesmai. It was my first official PC beta, ever. I loved that game. I loved it so much that I never even installed the beta disc of Motor City Online I got shortly after.

I still hold a boyott grudge against EA to this day for shutting it down and not releasing the artwork and source code to the community. (it all worked, just needed fleshing out and polish, and it is all on hard drive somewhere collecting dust).

All the fiction I read drew me to Davion, over and over, even in our RP games that could last several weekends. I know I dropped with some of you Davion pilots back then. Thanks to the high-level pilot (name forgotten, sorry), who gave me his login credentials during those last fateful weeks in December so I could play heavy and assault mechs in matches, which I hadn't worked up to yet.

MWO looks like it will carry the torch very, very well for the BT universe, and I am SOOOOO looking forward to beta/launch! (ya think?)

Throttle13

The screenshots almost brought a tear to my eye!

#239 Deathwarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGalesburg MI

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostLordRush, on 02 April 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Holy Crap, DW!! When did you get here!

Deathwarrior

[color=#CCCCCC]Member Since 01 Nov 2011[/color]

View PostXMenSF, on 02 April 2012 - 04:41 PM, said: