• Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostGeorge Ledoux, on 15 August 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

*notices this is a "questions?" topic*

Uhhh.... Do you birdies have big butts?

*Im gonna post dumb stuff here cuz I cant do it on some other forums widdout gettin' called out. Sumthin about postin intelligently. Hmmmph... Eff dat.
Also, I'm outta Scotch.....

What scotch do you drink George? I myself am a fan of Macallans.

#162 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Long live RSF!

You will be forever in my heart my striped friends.

#163 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 16 August 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

see, that makes sense and i even agree with that part. But that is not the only thing i've seen various "lowtax" members doing (i dont know *** to call you all). it's a lot of deliberate attempts at annoying people (aka: trolling), harassment, exploiting (i know, that fits in the "*innocent look* we're just following the rules" cop-out) thinly veiled threats to follow people around in the game specifically targeting people, etc etc.

Also, this isnt EvE, why does what other people did there have anything to do with here? "People were dix to us in another game, so we're just going to be pre-emptively be dix here, derp".

so while i accept and your "press release" explanation you just gave me, you're still just trolls trolling while walking the fine line of staying barely within the rules, and comments like this one:

only show how butthurt and sensitive you guys are about people telling you how they see you based on how some (if not all) of your members act in game and on the forums. If the image you created for yourselves is upsetting to you, act differently, or at least try and teach some of the more sensitive little flowers to actually believe the "we dont care what you think cuz we are teh trollz!" and actually not care.

Also disagreeing with you and pointing out troll-ish behavior isnt trolling. This is an off topic thread in the off topic forum, in a hijacked thread asking other people's opinions about your clan/unit/squad/whatever its called in this universe. just because it made you uncomfortable and you hijacked the thread, that doesnt mean people dont have opinions. I dont think anything should be "done" about you guys (like bans and whatnot). I dont think anyone should have to do anything different (unless they're breaking actual rules), and i dont even mind playing against you guys. I would rather have good players to lose to (except for the exploiting of exploits (but this is beta, so it doesnt matter, yet) and even if you are spammy and annoying in chat, for no reason) than a bunch of pubs that cant even aim or turn their torso. But that doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to point it out, particularly when someone asks and the thread isnt locked.

Me not being able to say that you guys can be annoying or calling you trolls when you're trolling is YOU dictating to US how we should act/play. Also, one of you actually did report me, so CRY MOAR TROLLS!! :D

No one said that because of what happened in EvE the same will happen here. You used a quote out of context from EvE and I explainers the context of the quote. And I wouldn't go as far as to say we're butthurt about the impression people have of us, just that it's frequently inaccurate and that what we've actually done in various games gets misquoted and misrepresented to the point where we get presented as some cartoonish morass of cackling lunatics that show up, smash a game to bits and run off ******** *** ****. Yes, there may be some people registered on SA that would do that, but it's inappropriate to assume the behaviour of a few represents the behaviour of all. For most of us, we're not THAT bothered about the image we have, but if answering a few questions can reassure concerned people that we're not here to kick MWO to death, that seems like a good idea to me. Posting the sort of reactionary "goons are trolls and nothing more" nonsense that we see so often does nothing but drive a wedge between the community at large and us, and I don't really know who that benefits.

I'm not sure who reported you, but I don't know what you think you're achieving by railing against people who use the moderation tools rather than engaging in a flamewar. I'm also not entirely sure why a mod would have told you you'd been reported other than to tell you to calm it down a bit, which "CRY SOME MORE" doesn't really fit with.

#164 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

nah wont get dragged into a troll thread

[redacted]

Edited by 514yer, 17 August 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#165 iEatBabies

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe Void's basement

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostReverend, on 16 August 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

What scotch do you drink George? I myself am a fan of Macallans.

I too am curious to your scotch of choice George. I'm more partial to Laphroaig.

#166 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Laphroaig scotch best scotch.

#167 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

When George allowed himself to drink the Scotch of his choice it was either Laphroaig when he was in a smokey, Islay mood
OR Dalwhinnie when he was in a more mellow mood.

George is currently NOT allowing himself to enjoy ANY alcohol as it makes him too happy, friendly and unproductive and he needs his anger, bitterness and scorn for ignorant fools to fuel his inner demons which allow him to speak in funny voices and earn a meager living. B)

#168 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postfil5000, on 13 August 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Very kind of you, but sadly we cannot eternal lie. Many of us have "The Innsmouth Look" though.

Zalgo....

#169 Tarnish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

All of these prejudicial attacks could be easily solved by you folks just going to somethingawful.com and reading the forums. Don't start with GBS, but instead go and find forums that appeal to you, there's a lot of them. You don't need to buy an account to read them. You'll quickly find that the vast majority of the statements you've been making are entirely made up by the internet at large and have become self supporting and reinforcing.

Its like creationists. It doesn't matter how much evidence you show them that their belief system is irrational goobly-****, they will continue to believe it to the hilt because they only ever talk to other creationists and live their lives in an echo chamber.

Edit: And stop bringing up Eve-Online as an example of anything. Eve is an abberation; a video game where E-Atrocities happen on a regular basis and everyone is doing horrible things to each other all the time. That's the whole point of the game, the player(s) who are able to do the most horrible things to other the most efficiently, win.

Edited by Tarnish, 10 September 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#170 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostTarnish, on 10 September 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

All of these prejudicial attacks could be easily solved by you folks just going to somethingawful.com and reading the forums. Don't start with GBS, but instead go and find forums that appeal to you, there's a lot of them. You don't need to buy an account to read them. You'll quickly find that the vast majority of the statements you've been making are entirely made up by the internet at large and have become self supporting and reinforcing.

Its like creationists. It doesn't matter how much evidence you show them that their belief system is irrational goobly-****, they will continue to believe it to the hilt because they only ever talk to other creationists and live their lives in an echo chamber.

Edit: And stop bringing up Eve-Online as an example of anything. Eve is an aberration; a video game where E-Atrocities happen on a regular basis and everyone is doing horrible things to each other all the time. That's the whole point of the game, the player(s) who are able to do the most horrible things to other the most efficiently, win.

^^^^^ Yes. This. ^^^^^^
A hundred times.

#171 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

So can't really play eve anymore due to schedule, how big is the MWO pop or say other games BF3, the up coming COH2 (pre release deal out today fyi)

Still the same process for other games SA x3 months? Was going to do it for eve, but once again the whole time thing so didn't see the point.

#172 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostBlackSquirrel, on 20 September 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

So can't really play eve anymore due to schedule, how big is the MWO pop or say other games BF3, the up coming COH2 (pre release deal out today fyi)

Still the same process for other games SA x3 months? Was going to do it for eve, but once again the whole time thing so didn't see the point.

Mr. Black-Capital-Ess-quirrel:

You are correct with respect to the process. We here at the Word of Lowtax have quite a few members, but that should increase when the game hits open beta.

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your posts. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment electrons and appreciate that you're spending your posts on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future electron spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#173 The Boneshaker

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

interesant play, but no respeckt and polite

#174 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

you're replying to a 6 year old thread....

#175 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

[mod]Due to out-of-date topic
and unconstructive discussion,
this thread is now closed.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 08 April 2018 - 01:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users