Check your fire! Check your fire!!

105 replies to this topic

#101 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 02 March 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

Friendly Fire is currently enabled in our builds. The verdict is still out. It's mostly a pain when a cluster of people get together, you need to lay off the AOE weapons and use lasers/direct fire.

Well sir, thats exactly the way it should be...once mechs start to scrum up, those catapults better lay off unless youre really desparate to pull out a win and willing to sacrifice.

#102 Wyzak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHartford, Vermont

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure it would be worth the potential distraction, but you could have a hybrid system where the receiving player can vote to give all the accumulated damage to the same limb locations on the aggresor, or forgive the damage if it was obviously unintentional. Net effect is that people are encouraged to think before they shoot, and targeted friendlies are not left totally without recourse.

#103 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

I think that would be a bad idea, Wyzak -- people on the internet are really dumb.

You will have people who will punish you automatically for honest mistakes, because they're jerks... and people who will punish you for running straight into your LRM salvo because they're idiots.

#104 Belisarius1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

I really hope friendly fire makes it in. I think it's essential for a number of tactical/realism reasons.

But mostly because screaming at a teammate who dumped an alpha into your back is a tradition as old and fine as mechwarrior itself.

#105 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

You Targeting and Tracking system should disallow friendly fire. You shouldn't be able to fire on a Mech when the cross hair is on his back. On the other hand it is still possible that a friend run into the salvo of 26 SRMs - you fired moments ago.
Maybe you should be able to configure your Targeting and Tracking: deactivate IFF, or modify the angle in which the TTS should disallow you to hit the trigger.

#106 Stripes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNizhny Novgorod, Russia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

See Griefer? Give him arrow in a knee. Simple :3

We gonna pilot 'Mechs, not some tanks with magic tracks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users