Seeking Republic House Unit

5 replies to this topic

#1 Company Man

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hello folks,

A wee 5 generations ago my father's family emigrated from Sweden to farm in the central United States. 9 generations from now my descendents will migrate to their new home in the stars to continue their lifestyle of self-sufficiency, fierce sense of duty to community and freedom of identity and resist all who would determine or limit their choices. I am drawn to the Republic.

I am lightly participating in MWO at the moment, I'm much more cooperative than multiplayer ad-hoc oriented. Looking for a group in the FRR to play with regularly as the game progresses. Prefer to be underpowered, dogged from hell to heaven and don't mind getting my teeth kicked in over and over again to excel.

I'm not particularly against the idea of Mercenary and assumed, like a lot of folks that the game players would be restricted outside canon houses to Merc units. I assumed wrongly, as per usual. Yet I would prefer to be die hard "House" unit based and have no strong preference how or what I pilot or play. In MMO's I tend to play healers or tanks, but would be happy supporting or scouting for others.

I understand we're going to get a gigantic Clan-hammering soon. So we should probably get started with the practice.

Justus Eriksson

#2 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

I don't think any of the FRR units will consider your aplication until you give an honest response as to your taste for mead.

#3 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Of over 150 MechWarrior Online units listed in this directory, only one unit is affiliaed with the FRR. So I would say check them out.

#4 Company Man

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Beazle - If it has alcohol in it, I'm committed.

Seth - Thank you, very much.

#5 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Some of us are organizing here http://mwomercs.com/...e-time-to-play/ as well.

#6 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

For the record, there are no plans for a 'House' being run by players at this time. Any thoughts of loyalty, rank, CoC, etc are nonexistent in house units, as they are merely a band of players joining together under one flag to fight. (which is the case in most games anyways, I digress)

If that is indeed what you're looking for - a group of lightly organized, casual to hardcore players fighting under the FRR name - than a house is perfect for you. If you're looking for a more organized group (either more or less casual gamers) the Merc Units are currently your best choice. They can also be found in the directory, and several are declaring virtually sole loyalty to the FRR as well. At this time, I believe there are 3 such active units.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users