Master 'Mech List: Inner Sphere Edition

115 replies to this topic

#21 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 31 January 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Victor - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Victor

Can't be a Davion pilot without loving the Victor. Big *** Gun ™ and jump jets make this a pretty dangerous assault 'mech up close, even if it doesn't carry as much armor as some other assaults.

What about paying for our mechs next time! :P

You've got OUR Victor, stealth armor and many more... :P

As for the mechs:

Shadow Hawk - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Hawk

I mean, this mech is perfect. Packs a punch, it has some armor, jetpacks, etc. And when you look at it, even the Awesome stops looking awesome. This mech simply looks perfect (well, maybe FD could do something about the arms, which are pure anime), has good gear on it and it isn't unseen (shh...). Everyone who disagrees with me... well... see you on the field. B)

Edited by Adridos, 01 February 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#22 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

F...king wall of text :P There are plenty of similar topics already, but I guess that community will never tire to discuss the 'Mechs, that's what we all are for here :P Devs have their vision already, I bet, no use of such requests until game launch. Just my 2 C-Bills.

Edited by IxxxI, 01 February 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#23 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Light-Raven http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Raven
Medium-Scorpion http://www.sarna.net...28BattleMech%29

#24 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostSubvert, on 01 February 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Cant forget the MadDog (Vulture)

http://www.sarna.net...d_Dog_(Vulture)

Well, we kind of can, since it's an Inner Sphere list and the Clans haven't invaded yet in this time line :P

Not hating on the Mad Dog, though.

View PostIxxxI, on 01 February 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

F...king wall of text :unsure: There are plenty of similar topics already, but I guess that community will never tire to discuss the 'Mechs, that's what we all are for here :P Devs have their vision already, I bet, no use of such requests until game launch. Just my 2 C-Bills.

There's a few of them out there, but it's mostly broken down by weight class and not all of them together. This post is mostly just for me to spread my own wishlist of 'mechs in a format I like, and it seems to be a pretty good thread for discussing difference 'mech preferences. B)

It's not really a request thread, since as you say they've got their vision. But this helps give them an idea of what we'd like to see added after, or help solidify their ideas that they've picked a good 'mech roster.

View PostEl Loco, on 01 February 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Hmm... I really like the lists posted so far. I have dear memories attached to most of the mentioned chassis and would support any of them implemented into the game. Here's my list...

If I come accross other 'Mechs I'd love to see in the game eventually, I'll edit them into this list. As you can see, I'm heavy on the mediums and that's where I'd like to see a lot more designs.

There seem to be more medium/heavy 'mech options then there are light, at times. It may not really be the case, but it may just be because you can do a bit more with these weight classes then a lighter 'mech can due to weight restrictions.

Grasshopper isn't a bad 'mech either, but I got taken apart too much in the tabletop to really like it.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 01 February 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#25 Jeager51

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

First for the impossible, I would like to see all of the unseen:
Locust
Wasp
Stinger
Valkyrie
Ostscout
Pheonix Hawk
Shadow Hawk
Griffin
Wolverine
Ostsol
Ostrock
Rifleman
Thrunderbolt
Archer
Warhammer
Marauder
However we all know that won't happen as the redesign of the Warhammer in the MW5 trailer was still enough for Harmony Gold to shut the project down. Now the real list.

Light:

WolfHound. Its fast for 3049, Heavy armor compared even to some 3049 medium mechs, and a solid punch (even if it is heat heavy). Very good skirmiser, scout hunter, or raider.

Firefly. Slow, but very versitle design, also give a Merc specific mech for the merc players to rally around, since at this time only Wolf's Dragoons and allied merc comands can access it.

Javelin. Light armor, but a premere scout or scout hunter for the time. With the jump jets it can city fight well too.

Commado. No jump jets, but has a very heavy punch for a light mech.

Spider. In the absence of Locusts and later light mechs, it is the fasteset, most agile mech in the inner sphere. Even most clan mechs aren't as mobile. Recon hero mech.

Jenner. Good recon/Raider. Ditch the SRMs if you can though.

Urban Mech. Everyone has these. Bet its the first mech you get in game. You can outpace it on foot using in game movement rules. The AC 10 is nice though.

Medium mechs:

Hermes II: FWL standard, multirole platform. Fast, decent armor for size, and well rounded(if not super powerful) weapons mix.

Wyvern. Hard to beat this mech for a workhorse medium for the time period, Average speed, heavy armor for class, very impresive weapons load. Out classes some heavies in that category. Comstar only sadly.

Vulcan. Since no one else will say it, and it needs a new look. Other than that, weird recon and infantry supression mech.

Vindicator. On the slow side, but good armor and damage dealing capcity. Once again the jump jets add flexiblity.

Hatcheman. Axes, AC's, and jump jets oh my. Only a clanner would hate it.

Blackjack. Has its uses, weak but long range reach with the lasers to back it up. Post 3049 variants are huge upgrades and it is very important for tech development. See 3058 Inner Sphere Onmi mechs.

Enforcer. Once again slow, but for 3049 average speed with jump jets, heavy armor for its class. Plus I really like the AC 10 Large laser combo it has.

Trebuchet. The word in mid weight fire support mechs. Heavy long range power, good speed. Just use the speed to keep at range or you are toast.

Dervish. Fire support for the built up area. More moble than any other fire support mech, plus smaller launcher may mean less damage, but it means more salvos.

Heavy Mechs:

Quickdraw. For 3049 it's a multi tasking workhorse mech. Some LRM's. some SRM's some lasers, and the heat sinks and speed to use them all.

Dragon. The definitive Medium mech. Decent armor, decent speed, decent weapons load( very well suplied for a ammo dependent mech of the time)Plus we are getting it already so no harm for including it.

Jagermech. A Mech designed in honor of All Star Hocky Player, Jaromir Jager. Who can't love that? Plus it is non-traditional firesupport for a Mechwarrior game.

Axman. When I was a kid I though the powerplant my dad worked at built these. Average speed for a heavy of the time, plus jump jets, and incredible short range damage potental. If I need to city fight, this is my ride.

Ceaser. A little armor light, but man can it own with its weapons mix. Gauss PPC OP goodness.

Catphract. The Cesaer's weird dad. Still a good mech for its time, and this is its time.

Guillotine. Great line mech, versitle and it can alpha strike almost constantly. Add above average armor and jump jets. This one is a must have for any heavy formation.

Grasshopper. If you can't have a Guillotine, get this bad boy. Slightly different weapons, other than that its the same.

Orion. A very solid mech even before the lost tech renisance that restored it to Star Leauge glory. A little ammo dependant, but with the weapons it has that should not hurt you.

Assault Mechs:

Awesome. A fan fave by far. It earned the good rep on its own merits. on the planet Bowling ball that is most Battletech games it rules supreme.

Victor. Prettty common mech, lots of them in distribution everywhere but the FWL. Plus a long time fave of mine.

Hatamoto-Thug-chi. Lets not pretend these are not the same mech. That said, its a solid anchor mech, decent damage, but it won't die.

Zeus. He has the Juice. Plus as much as they scream "We only use Atlases" This is what I think of when I think Lyran mechs.

Crockett. Thats right Crockett. Deal with it Dracs. Love the training mech that was good enough to be a line unit vibe it has.

Stalker. The most widely produced and deployed Assault mech in the Inner Sphere in 3049. To many of these around to ignore and they kick enough butt to justify why they are so prevalent.

Mauler. Another Iconic mech. MW2: Mercenaries Poster boy. Just can't hate that many AC's in one place. It also, I am told has other weapons that it can use. Who knew?

Banshee. This mech is spectacular in how it goes from major fail pre 3040's to a battlefield boogy man tossing out PPC's and Gauss rounds. Plus the speed to chase down most other mechs assault or heavy.

King Crab. Another mech that is supposed to exist in large numbers everywhere. With that armor and even the Succession wars era weapons mix it is easy to se why.

Imp. Its like a little kid that found his dads old football helmet. Then filled it with lasers.

Atlas. Lets be serious, this mech has never been used in a Video game, and never will be. I have no idea what the designers were thinking when they put this thing together.......Oh wait I was thinking of the Lancelot. This is the one Mech we can guess will be in every Mechwarrior game since it was designed.

#26 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostJeager51, on 01 February 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

However we all know that won't happen as the redesign of the Warhammer in the MW5 trailer was still enough for Harmony Gold to shut the project down. Now the real list.

Actually, that trailer and the company running this game are the same. Their blog post says it had nothing to do with the problems, regardless if they'd be allowed legally to say so or not.

The redesign in the trailer really isn't a redesign, it's pretty much a straight up Warhammer. We can hope though =\

#27 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

I love how everyone forgot about the TALON

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Talon

#28 ENDMYSUFFERING

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 180 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

If only the era was right for the Fafnir B)
Also: My god, you left out the Timberwolf and Urbie!

#29 Tsen Shang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, Tennessee

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Every mech appropriate for the time period - http://www.sarna.net...al_Readout_3025 and http://www.sarna.net...al_Readout_2750

Why? Because variety is the spice of life!

#30 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostTsen Shang, on 01 February 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Every mech appropriate for the time period - http://www.sarna.net...al_Readout_3025 and http://www.sarna.net...al_Readout_2750

Why? Because variety is the spice of life!

They all aren't appropriate, considering some haven't been seen in the Inner Sphere since the SLDF left, meaning many like the Exterminator wouldn't been seen even in this time period.

#31 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostSubvert, on 01 February 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Cant forget the MadDog (Vulture)

http://www.sarna.net...d_Dog_(Vulture)

umm, Clan omnimech, not inner sphere tech.

It is a fine mech though....

#32 Tsen Shang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, Tennessee

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 01 February 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

They all aren't appropriate, considering some haven't been seen in the Inner Sphere since the SLDF left, meaning many like the Exterminator wouldn't been seen even in this time period.

Most of that got retconned. The Flashman, which according to the original 2750 book, had zero remaining after 2900 has been retconned so that the Lyran Alliance had...wait for it...not a few Flashmen, but...wait for it...A FACTORY. Pretty heavy retconning goin on back there, eh?

#33 joemomma

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I second the Highlander. It's a cool looking mech,

Also, Annihilator! Since they said they would be focusing on built up terrain a lot more in this game then a dedicated urban defense mech makes a lot of sense. Besides, it's always been my favorite mech (because it was always first alphabetically in the MW roster so it was what I always played for instant action games B)). So incredibly intimidating to see that thing come marching around the side of a building. Be even more ungodly if they would enable enough customization to let me shoehorn a couple LB-20X ACs in there.

EDIT: Plus I just want to see FD do a redesign on this chassis. I love it, but I have to admit that if I didn't love its capabilities so much then I'd think it looks kinda goofy.

Edited by joemomma, 01 February 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#34 Steel Talon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fafnir
Hope this big boy make it into MWO one day

#35 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Heres a list of all potential IS mechs that could be added to the game within the year.

https://docs.google....MXp0VjdtT2tsZ1E

#36 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostTsen Shang, on 01 February 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Most of that got retconned. The Flashman, which according to the original 2750 book, had zero remaining after 2900 has been retconned so that the Lyran Alliance had...wait for it...not a few Flashmen, but...wait for it...A FACTORY. Pretty heavy retconning goin on back there, eh?

Ah well, there's been plenty of retconning going on, even the novels are at odds with what is and isn't available for weapons/etc. Hard to keep track of things like that. =\

#37 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Going to go with a slightly different format to try and conserve space. I'm basing it off a mix of the 3025 Revised TO, 3039 TO, and mechs from the 3050 TO that were already in use in 3049.

Light: Flea, Commando, Javelin, Urbanmech, Panther, Firestarter, Hussar
(Never piloted a Panther due to heat and reliance on the PPC, but I appreciate it. Didn't put in the Raven because I didn't see anything saying it was available before 3050, and I put in the Urbanmech to improve my odds of getting a Charger. If there's a light wannabe assault mech maybe they'll put in an assault wannabe scout mech! B) )
Medium: Assassin, Clint, Crab, Dervish, Enforcer, Hatchetman, Trebuchet, Vindicator, Vulcan, Wyvern
(Mediums are my favorites, especially 55 tonners, but few are shown here. The styling on the Wyvern makes me think of Mike Mignola's artwork. And the Vulcan would probably suck in game but it's still one of my favs in TT damn it.)
Heavy: Black Knight, Champion, Exterminator, Grasshopper, Guillotine, Jagermech, Lancelot, Orion
(Yeah, I'm a 2750 fan. I wouldn't want the Blackjack in it's 3025 layout but big-brother Jaggermech will do!)
Assault: Awesome, Charger, Cyclops, Hatamoto-Chi, Highlander, King Crab, Stalker, Zeus
(Charger for reasons stated earlier and especially if they add in close combat later. The Cyclops is to commanding as the Raven is to scouting so I'm surprised more people don't talk about it here. The Hatomoto-Chi was supposedly in Kurita service in numbers since 3039 so I put it in and so was the Mauler, but I don't like the mauler and the Hatomoto-Chi is a refitter Charger so it gets bonus points. lol)

I left out all of the mechs that have already been revealed and the Unseens, which I really want in the game despite not mentioning them. They made up the best of the 55 ton mechs (except the Dervish that sexy beast). I also left out some mechs that were only really in use by Wolf's Dragoons and even in 3049 were only piloted by 1 or 2 people in each house outside their company. I think an Annihilator would be far too rare to put in the game for another year when the IS's war effort is in full swing.

#38 Artifice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 378 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Light 'Mechs

Hollander - This thing comes in at 35 tons and carries a Gauss Rifle. Nothing else, just one big gun.

Hammer - Slow for a Light mech, but brings a couple of LRM-5's and 3 medium lasers. 30 tons

UrbanMech - It's just gotta be in there. Any out of luck Mechwarrior should be able to find one of these babies. An AC/10 and a small laser is all it needs. Like an Atlas laid an egg.

Mediums

Bushwacker - 86kph coupled with 2 LRM-5's, a large laser and an AC/10, with a couple of machine guns for any zombies you may encounter. 55 tons.

Chameleon - Just for nostalgia's sake. In the Crescent Hawks Inception, this was the biggest 'Mech in the game by far and only accessible if you could escape the spaceport with it intact. From then on it's just computer controlled battles ftw.

Gladiator - 55 tons, a PPC, 2 medium lasers and an SRM-6. That'll do, pig.

Uziel - My personal favourite medium, but only the UZL-2S with a couple of PPC's, SRM-6 and a pair of machine guns. I don't even want to look at the original design.

Pretty much everything in the Heavy/Assault range I'll be just fine with. I'm more keen to see how the Light and Mediums play out in actual combat. Beta already!

#39 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

While most of those mechs are nice, a few don't make the 3049 cut off date. Namely, the Uziel.

I think the Hollander and Hammer both do as well, but the Hammer is iffy. Bushwacker isn't really fielded till after the Clans hit, if I remember correctly (which, could be wrong.)

Good designs though, even if I'm not a fan of the Wacker.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 01 February 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#40 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• 1,971 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Okay...

Medium: Shadow Hawk - maybe it's not included 'cause it's iconic one along with marauder and warhammer? If not - it deserves to be included. Medium-to-heavy mech with pretty good mix of weapons for every range.
Crab - of course it should be in list. It's just too epic.

Heavy: Anvil! It's ugly, but it's a mech with good specialization - 2 large pulse lasers along with 2 medium make this one a hard opponent at medium range, especially in long fights.
Caesar - odd looking thingie, but quite effective at long range - gauss rifle+ERPPC makes a good punch.

Assault: King Crab! 2 AC/20 will be absolutely devastating in urban battles, but in long range fight it has something to deal with too. Also, it has low profile to prowl in relief.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users