98 replies to this topic

#41 Ceefood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBathurst NSW Australia

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Yes please launch with TrackIR support - battlefield awareness should be important in a mech

#42 Gorell

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

I signed up just to give my vote on TrackIR support:

Please give us TrackIR support for a million percent more realistic sim feel!

#43 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Please for the TrackIr. It's added so much to my other simulators that I can barely function when it's not supported in some.

Nothing worse than playing a sim, and noticing I'm bobbing and tilting my head constantly to no avail. I have to laugh at myself, and then I cry a little because I know why I do it.

#44 Stribo

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Signed up to give my vote :)
Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeeee!!!!! Trackir in this game would be a dream come true.

#45 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

+1 would make the product AWESOME

#46 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

I dont mind trackerIr support but there are much better things i would ask support on like these

http://www.vuzix.com...ucts_vr920.html

and these

http://gajitz.com/au...g-virtual-hand/

:)

Edited by KingCobra, 16 January 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#47 lichbane

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 January 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Did you see those jokers at Microsoft price the Kinect for PC? $250USD!!! They've pretty much shot themselves in the foot with a UAC20. Even the latest generation TrackIR is about $120 LESS than that.

And this is important ... why? Prices can always be dropped. The technology around kinect in still evolving and getting better. No need to limit the game to a technology that uses points of reference like TrackIR.

#48 lichbane

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 January 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Isn't stating that "prices can drop" (especially on technology) a relatively... well... unintelligent point? That's like saying "Birds fly and the sun shines". It's an obvious fact and doesn't need reiteration.

Considering that price was your only stated objection, I presented a counterpoint. Perhaps if you presented a more intelligent objection, then perhaps I could have given you more.

The thing is, Kinect is STARTING OUT with next to NO support for any games.

Of course there is no support for games yet. Pricing and release date has only just been made avaialble. It hasn't even officially been released to market. Hopefully MWO will have support which will keep the TrackIR and Kinect crowd happy. As I said ... there is no need to limit the game to TrackIR ... especially when Kinect is an up and coming technology.

On a side note, try and be a little less patronising/insulting in your posts. People might get the wrong idea about you.

#49 OmeNu

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

I really need to delv into the forum more.. i just posted stating Track IR and Tipple monitor Support would be Insane!!!.. I LOVE IT!. PLEASE SUPPORT these Features.

#50 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

TrackIR would not bring much to MWO.

It would only make, oh, say... A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!! :D

How immersive it would be to move your head in reality and have it moved in the cockpit virtually!

#51 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Ford Galaxy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

I vote in favor of Track IR and any other type of support to help immerse yourself in the game. On the Kinect note... I think if MS makes it awesome and eventually more affordable for the PC, great. Until that time, Track IR is tried and true, is readily available, doesn't cost a -total- fortune, and well... Just seeing the inside of your 'mech and being able to, basically, literally look around with the CryEngine 3? Oh man, sign me up!

#52 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think that PGI needs to build in support for as many controllers/gadgets as is feasible. OK Kinnect isn't exactly available at the moment but I don't see why they shouldn't at least have the potential for supporting it. There are always some people who will want the latest thing and are prepared to spend the money on it. After all, what does a top of the line GPU setup cost these days? Let alone the time and effort to build a Multi monitor sim-pit. Sorry Aegis, I think your wrong on this.

#53 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Kinnect is a nice idea in that you don't need to wear clips or markers for the system to track movements, but even assuming that it can as accurately follow my head movement and relay that to the game as far as POV goes, the system is currently $100 more for this tech, and affixing a light weight and out of sight fixture to my ever-worn headset is not a dealbreaker for me when it comes to the price difference.

#54 tunabreath

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes! Every single self-purported 'simulator' NEEDs to have head-tracking support. There is (currently) no better way to provide additional analogue control to the player when both of their hands are already full with well optimized controllers.

#55 Voculus

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Posting to throw my hat into the ring for TrackIR support. :D

#56 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

Tracker IR is a great device and there should be something in here for it.

#57 Cavan

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

TrackIR!

Yes! For the love of all that is true, just, and HOTAS'y

#58 Orayn

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Another in favor. I'd pick up TrackIR for MWO in a heartbeat!

#59 SilentObserver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

For those of you who have track IR, maybe you can help me understand how it works.

If you want to look out the right window, i would turn my head to the right. If i was in a mech, i would see out the right window (or the side of my hunchbacks AC20). In my office i would see my bookself. Because the monitor doesn't move with my head. So does the headtracker exagerate your head movement so you move your head a little to the right, while keeping your eyes on the screen, and the image pans much farther to the right?

I'm curious what that would do to the aiming reticle(s), would it stay in the middle of the screen while you head panned, would it stay fixed to torso so you could "free look?"

Conceptually I like the idea a lot but i'm struggling with how it would work.

#60 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostSilentObserver, on 14 February 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

For those of you who have track IR, maybe you can help me understand how it works.

If you want to look out the right window, i would turn my head to the right. If i was in a mech, i would see out the right window (or the side of my hunchbacks AC20). In my office i would see my bookself. Because the monitor doesn't move with my head. So does the headtracker exagerate your head movement so you move your head a little to the right, while keeping your eyes on the screen, and the image pans much farther to the right?

I'm curious what that would do to the aiming reticle(s), would it stay in the middle of the screen while you head panned, would it stay fixed to torso so you could "free look?"

Conceptually I like the idea a lot but i'm struggling with how it would work.

I don't have TrackIR but I understand its mechanics.

When you calibrate TrackIR and it asks you to look to the farthest right, you need to turn your head, but NOT so far as that you can't keep your eyes on the monitor. Don't strain yourself here, do so to what's comfortable.

The system reads the change in the orientation to the clip you wear and sees that as "The furthest possible tilt to show the far right of the in-game cockpit/view."

When you're in game, you always keep your eyes on the monitor and just turn your head. This allows your in-game POV to turn while you can keep an eye on the display to see what the in-game player sees in the new direction.

Previous games have a "Freelook" reticule system that could work with TrackIR, but it should not allow you to move your targets onto target faster than in a non freelook mode.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users