How long do you think it'll take for the Clan Invasion to be introduced?

46 replies to this topic

#21 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

How long do you think it'll take for the Clan Invasion to be introduced?

Started by Faeron Wolf, Today, 02:07 AM

forever....plsplsplspls all the gods of the multiverse...let it take forever xD
nah srsly, i am sure even the OP easymode clanners will be cool in MWO...PGI can do it... ;)

#22 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

"The Clan Invasion (known to the Clans as Operation Revival) refers to the massive Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere, commencing with the arrival of Clans Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost Bear, and Smoke Jaguar in the near, coreward Periphery (The Rift and The Draconian Drift) in August, 3049. The Clan Invasion would continue for two and one-half years, and increase in scope to include three more Invading Clans, but would end with the the Battle of Tukayyid in June, 3052"

Believe it or not, the clan invasion supposedly begins... in a matter of days. :)

Please click the Battle of Tukayyid and accept your fate, now.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 16 August 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#23 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

They cancleled the invasion. In the Mechwarrior reboot.the Clans compete through flower arrangements rather than warfare. You've got Clan Dry Lotus, Clan Sunflower, Clan Winter Rose, and so on. They've got the highest flower arrangement technologies in the universe, but they're not interested in invading the inner sphere...that would be dangerous.

#24 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 16 August 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Please click the Battle of Tukayyid and accept your fate, now.

Clan Wolf kicked Comstar's @ss and we endured the underwhelming Dark Age, we'll go on for a very long time.

Edited by Stormwolf, 16 August 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#25 Archange

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreater Montreal Area

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

View Postverybad, on 16 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

They cancleled the invasion. In the Mechwarrior reboot.the Clans compete through flower arrangements rather than warfare. You've got Clan Dry Lotus, Clan Sunflower, Clan Winter Rose, and so on. They've got the highest flower arrangement technologies in the universe, but they're not interested in invading the inner sphere...that would be dangerous.

I LoLed.

#26 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 16 August 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

We are already here....

We are already moving towards you....

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

The answer is if it is a 1 day RL = 1 day MMO aout 1 - 1 1/2 years. Nevermind! i didn't remember the Invasion start date!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 16 August 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#28 Rixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

PGI has one of two options.

A. Freeze the timeline upon open beta (or release)

or

B. Reset the clock back a year

If they continue on the current timeline (which when it started probably worked out with their schedule), the full clan invasion will start during open beta or immediately after release.
In all likelyhood, they aren't anywhere near ready for open beta at this point, and the community warfare isn't to be implemented until months after open beta.

They'd be bat-you-know-what crazy to attempt to finish what is currently on their plates and attempt to also implement the clans following the current timeline. We are talking 8 months from now and we are still sitting in closed beta phase with no announcements as to when open beta will be. And setting aside major things like announced mechs, additional maps, and community warfare just to shove clan mechs down our gullet would probably have a negative result in the playerbase.

#29 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

<stands menacingly with a spiked club slowly twirling it> Reset...the...clock...back...a...year... are you out of YOUR MIND? You want a negative result in the player base? reset the clock back 1 year and watch just how angered the Clan enthusiasts get. We have waited, and this is no joke here, 18 YEARS for this, we are sick of waiting, we are DONE waiting. The invasion has begun in the periphery, and it is coming closer. It is high time, that we, the Enthusiasts for the Clans finally get our day. We have watched as you Innersphereoids, get game and expansion after game and expansion starting at MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries filled with your beloved IS. Our time is nigh upon us. Our patience grows thin. We do not by and large, demand the clock be set a year from now, or demand we get to start from Launch as Clans and fight with in our selves and make our approach in lock step with the invasion. No, we sit back, quietly waiting our turn in line, and folks like you keep trying to hit the reset button.

#30 SineCurve

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

I'd think there's a reason MWO starts on 3049, just before the Clans invade, and not on, say, 3019 or 2990. :lol:

We will probably have the Clans as an expansion.

#31 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostTsunamisan, on 15 August 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

are you done ranting LOL. Probably been playing the game just as long as everyone else is and waiting just as long for a sequel. Those ISN feeds serve no real purpose and can be used even if there were a wipe an reset on launch date. When those timeline events come around you would just see them again. if you were a beta user. for those that were not it would be a first time.

Posted Image

#32 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I would be very surprised if the Clans were introduced anytime soon. so PGI can either reset the clock or create their own canon-indepent timeline.

#33 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostZoghak, on 17 August 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I would be very surprised if the Clans were introduced anytime soon. so PGI can either reset the clock or create their own canon-indepent timeline.

Dude, dude....DUDE... where do i start? Well, for one, this is August 3049 <game wise> And Kell has as of a few days ago, been taken by Clan Wolf. The main invasion of the Sphere begins in March, March 20, 3050, or 2013, which ever you like. They stated its a 1:1 real world-game world clock. 1 day Earth IRL is 1 Day BattleTech/MWO. They stated: they wish to remain as close to tabletop as they can. Oh, also, you do know, that, over half, HALF of this franchises player base is a Clanner? Want to crash the game financially? Run us off because you do not want the Clans.

#34 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 17 August 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Dude, dude....DUDE... where do i start? Well, for one, this is August 3049 <game wise> And Kell has as of a few days ago, been taken by Clan Wolf. The main invasion of the Sphere begins in March, March 20, 3050, or 2013, which ever you like. They stated its a 1:1 real world-game world clock. 1 day Earth IRL is 1 Day BattleTech/MWO. They stated: they wish to remain as close to tabletop as they can. Oh, also, you do know, that, over half, HALF of this franchises player base is a Clanner? Want to crash the game financially? Run us off because you do not want the Clans.

but you have to consider how much work it will take to implement them properly (balance wise, dozens of new mech models, new equipment etc). oh and are you aware of the current state of the game at all?

Edited by Zoghak, 17 August 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#35 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Like %80 of the Clan mechs I even like aren't made until around 3060, so I dont have anything to get even moderately joyous about. Other than filling filling my garage with Timberwolves I've legged and then shot the cockpit out. :lol:

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 17 August 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#36 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

I wonder if people start asking about Pandaren after the Clans are introduced.

#37 Rixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 17 August 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

<stands menacingly with a spiked club slowly twirling it> Reset...the...clock...back...a...year... are you out of YOUR MIND? You want a negative result in the player base? reset the clock back 1 year and watch just how angered the Clan enthusiasts get. We have waited, and this is no joke here, 18 YEARS for this, we are sick of waiting, we are DONE waiting. The invasion has begun in the periphery, and it is coming closer. It is high time, that we, the Enthusiasts for the Clans finally get our day. We have watched as you Innersphereoids, get game and expansion after game and expansion starting at MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries filled with your beloved IS. Our time is nigh upon us. Our patience grows thin. We do not by and large, demand the clock be set a year from now, or demand we get to start from Launch as Clans and fight with in our selves and make our approach in lock step with the invasion. No, we sit back, quietly waiting our turn in line, and folks like you keep trying to hit the reset button.

Rej, you're missing the bigger point. I have no issue with the clans. I'm not a clan hater. I like the clans and the clan equipment. But the bigger issue is whether or not the game is ready for the clans.

It basically comes down to this...

1. Delay the clan invasion by resetting the clock. Finish implimenting IS mechs/tech. Develop more than 3 maps and 1 gametype. Finish and balance all elements of the various XP trees. Develop and impliment role warfare. Develop and impliment community warfare. Then launch a real clan invasion that fits the timeline in a dynamic and interesting way.

OR

2. Force the clan invasion with the current timeline without proper testing, balancing, implimenting all of the clan tech/mechs. No community warfare (the dynamic and interesting part of the game). Fewer maps/gametypes (lowering replayability).

Forcing the clan invasion on the current timeline (just 7 months from now), would mean they would have to redirect all of their efforts to the clan stuff asap. This means less development time for finishing IS tech, less development for role/community warfare, less development for maps/gametypes.

It's not a IS vs Clan situation thats being argued here. I simply want them to have a complete and solid base game at, or near after launch. I then want a true, dynamic clan invasion. I don't want some hack rush job that simply mimics the gameplay of MW2, MW3, etc. Trust me, a half finished 'release' product will drive away far more players than delaying teh clan invasion.

You have beta access. You can clearly see what is finished and what isn't. You can clearly see what has been announced but still isn't implimented yet. You can follow how quickly stuff is being introduced. You can see how much time is needed yet to get things ready to go. In my opinion, launching the clan invasion on schedule with the current timeline would create a trainwreck that the game may very well not recover from.

#38 General Peron

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

They can launch the invasion in march, but make the Clanners playable let's say, in the 3rd wave (June 3050). Another thing: Wha'ts gonna happen to the clanners after the death of Leo Showers? The Invasion stopped from Oct 3050 until Nov 3051, so no more fight in the IS?

The other option is being able to play as Clanners in their final wave, making it start a bit earlier, for example March 3051 (let's say that they chose the ilKhan faster :P)

Edited by General Peron, 17 August 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#39 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 15 August 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

that is right, 18 YEARS and counting.

Its 17 years.

And pure IS players are waiting even longer.

#40 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I hope they're never introduced.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users