334 replies to this topic

#21 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Haha no - I demand you play the pintos! People in my RP shall have fun and what you described sounds fun so it shall be so!

I'll pm you the taurian forces and the battle plan.

#22 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Awesome sauce. Do I post my Taurian bio here, or in PMs? Not sure how much of a surprise you want things to be ;)
Also, suggest both sides start a PM convo with all their respective participants in it - so for the Taurians, right now that'd be myself, Nomad and Gammadin. For planning things behind locked doors and plotting unspeakable horrors to unleash on the foe...
It's helped a lot in other RPs :)

#23 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Good idea Rogue - set it up if you'd like. Gammadin has been given the same information you have. I like that though!

As for the bio - follow gammadin's lead. Please post the bio but keep your ships and things classified. Also think about a secondary character you might like to play ;)

#24 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

It looks like people are wanting me to go Taurian. I've got some fun ideas for either side, so let me know if there's a GM preference and I'll post bios in a few hours.
I'm feeling pretty set on playing a smaller corvette (such as a Pinto) or fighter-carrier along with an attached squadron.
If I play a Pinto RogueSpear should be the group commander for the our corvette squadron!

#25 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

I was planning on playing a squadron of them, if you go Taurian, you could play another squad, and we could combine to give that New Syrtis a kicking or twelve...

#26 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi Graf,

I don't really have a preference - just however you'd like to play. That being said, we don't have any corvette drivers on the SLDF side to counter rogue. It could be cool to just play one pinto under his command though. I'll let you and rogue talk it out but I don't have a preferable at this juncture ;)

#27 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

I'm happy with anything, if Graf is fine with obeying the stream of insanity that will be my orders, he's welcome to join up with my squad ;)
Though for the class of ship I'm using I have a set back story cleared with Nomad, so if you're joining the squadron you'd need to conform with that!
Ooooh look at all the SLDF guys wondering what I could possibly mean. Am I bluffing to cover up I've gone Pinto? Am I swapping to another? Has the Pinto been a bluff? Did I find rules for making custom warships?
I actually might have - but I haven't finished reading the rulebooks. Silly me...

#28 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

//Blatantly steals Gammadins format

SLDF Bureau of Military Intelligence
Classified Report
Security Level 3
For your eyes only.

Commander,

We have continued our investigations into the Taurian 'diplomatic mission' to the Rim Worlds Republic, but details remain sketchy. We tracked several of the starship captains to announced visits to the naval academy on Apollo and to several dinners and other such overt displays, but there has been no sign of any members of the Taurian delegation for six weeks. Our best efforts have found nothing.
However, I have compiled what information we have on the Commodore in charge of the delegation, per your request. It appears he received his commission less than a month before the mission was announced. Details below.

Name: Malcolm Burrough
Date of Birth: 4/8/2337
Homeworld: Taurus
Current Duty Station: Unknown. Officially on Apollo.

Bio:
Born on Taurus in '37. Joined the Concord Navy in '58. Married then Susan Ross in '64, had two children, one male in '66 and one female in '68. Relatively undistinguished career. Served on several Concordat vessels, gained command of the Vincent class corvette New Vandenburg in '72.
Blue eyes, brown hair. Stands at 5' 8". Weight ~150lb.

Assessment:

Has served reliably in the Concordat Navy for twenty three years. As with the other naval officers sent to the RWR, no political training is known. We cannot submit judgement on their possible purpose, location, possibility of death, or the effects of this mission for the Star League at this time. Investigations will continue.

-Abbot

#29 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

In a day or two I'm gonna kick this party off, and start the RP. I'll set it before the 13th fleet jumps out and allow everyone to introduce their characters and interact a little. Once I have ship names from everyone and character names at least - ill have the SLDF jump into the unknown...

#30 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Look at us Rogue, getting all formaty together. Its kinda cute.

#31 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thunderbuddies for life, right Gamma?

#32 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thunderbuddies for life.

#33 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hey everyone, I'm feeling a bit under the weather and being lazy because of it. But, has anyone volunteered for playing a marine yet?

#34 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I've asked for a Bull marine, just haven't typed him up yet

#35 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm not going to use marines unless someone boards me I think, since I'm running a squadron with fighters, I think I'll have enough minor characters already!

#36 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 18 August 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Looks like the bulls are a bit short handed - do you want me to play them Nomad?
I'm perfectly happy with the Avatar if you want me as SLDF, or playing as the Taurians, both suit me just fine :blink:
Just let me know what you want me doing :huh:

EDIT: I meant to say, I've been looking through the dropships typically used to support assaults and naval units, the ones I've found so far are:

The Achilles (http://www.sarna.net...lles_(DropShip)) for anti fighter (Able to match pace with aerospace fighters) and antidropship duties. Often used in the vanguard of planetary assaults - well armed and armoured.
The Pentagon (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pentagon) for anti fighter duties - specifically designed for use with the Congress class and seems to have been a permanent assignment. Can match pace with most aerospace fighters and is heavily armed and armoured.
The Titan (http://www.sarna.net...itan_(Dropship)) Fighter carrier (1 wing, 18 fighters). Heavily armed and armoured - famed for carrying more guns than the Achilles despite being a 'mere carrier'.

These are the only naval offence ones available in the time period - but there are several military carriers like the Overlord or Fortress available. Most likely though, I assume those vessels would flee in a combat? Trying to get out of the way of the capitals carrying them and away from the capital guns that would easily slaughter them and their carried troops.

Of the three, the Pentagon is the only one actually available to us. The Achilles isn't introduced for another year yet, and the Titan doesn't première for another sixty.

If Gammadin isn't playing the Riga any more, I'll do up it's complement, including the dropships and small craft, and play it. My focus will still be more on the fighters than frigate itself, though.

#37 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Oh, and for people who were considering playing a Taurian marine: http://www.sarna.net...d_Support_Force

Basically, they're probably what gave the Clans the idea for Battle Armour. They wear a modified zero-G exo-suit, they've existed since the start of the Concordat, and have only failed once: during the Reunification Wars. So, right now. There's a good story hook for you!

#38 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Awwww nuts. I thought I'd vetted those more carefully :huh:
Also remember, SASF hasn't failed yet!
Only problem is we're not defending the Hyades Cluster, the SASF never leaves there, I don't think?

#39 Red Duck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationHilton's Head Island, swimming in your C-Bills

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 18 August 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hey everyone, I'm feeling a bit under the weather and being lazy because of it. But, has anyone volunteered for playing a marine yet?

I was actually hoping to play as a marine as one of my backup characters. I have a name, but apart from that, no idea who he's gonna be.

#40 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

We can use as many marines as possible - on both sides, so don't hesitate to post one up. As for the SASF - we're a little of the map canon wise so if someone wants to deploy the SASF we can talk about it. They weren't the only marines however, and many ships had complements of "normal" naval marines. I like how this is turning out...

We are still taking new players if anyone is interested

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users