334 replies to this topic

#61 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

I just want to let everyone know - real life has slammed me for the past few days - and the next few days. I'll try to get the first post up soon but bear with me and keep working on your ships/characters.

#62 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

No problem Nomad, let us know if we can help out at all!

#63 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Same for me, I am heading for a bit of a road trip soon and have been rather busy at work lately.

#64 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Alright, making changes to the SLDF Marines.

Name: John Christensen

Height: 6'7"

Build: Musclular, and wide, he has brown hair, brown eyes, and a scar over his left eye, which he received when CQC got ugly and knives were drawn.

Bio: John has been with the SLDF Navy for years, but this assignment was new. He had received four battlefield commendations, and then been demoted three times, once for striking a superior officer and then calling him a dumbass. He fights alongside his marines with a tactical mind, but an aggressive mentality. He has fought against all types of enemies, from pirates, to a couple engagements with the Magistracy of Canopus, which while most were skirmishes, one was a pitched naval battle. He is skilled in breaching from NANG (No Atmosphere No Gravity, space, or 'exosuit' an armored space suit, required), and from hangar bays. He is also good in CQC, but engaging at longer ranges is his weakpoint, (as in, sniping). Most known for his attitude where he leads by example, and from the front. He also as noted before is not afraid of someone's rank, or position, and will let them know of it regularly.

Armament: 1 AR, 1 12 gauge buckshot shotgun, and standard issue sidearm pistol, slugthrower class.

Name: Derek Champlain

Height: 6'4"

Build: Muscular, not as wide as John, think Defensive End in football, that kind of size. Brown Hair, Blue eyes, no scars.

Bio: Green recruit sent in as a replacement for some of the losses to John's Squad. He has never seen combat, but has a good shooting skill, and is definitely a by-the-book soldier. He knows what they taught him at Marine School, (CQC, shooting, hand-to-hand), but is not as skilled as any of the veterans.

Armament: DMR, 1 AR, and standard issue sidearm, slugthrower class.

#65 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hey everyone, I've posted up a small teaser post for the RP. Keep the first couple days worth of posts character introduction stuff. I'll jump out the fleet soon enough, but I want to get everyone introduced and settled before getting into it. Just talk about fleet prep, getting fighters ready - any amourous relationships etc. It should only be a couple RL days till we are in the thick of it.

Taurian Players - you can do all of this as well, but just keep where you are, and what class of ship you are a secret. Any other kind of interaction should be fine. Can't wait to get this going fully!

#66 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Oooohohoho, sry :D

consider me as signed-up. I´l post a bio tomorrow :)

#67 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

This looks good. I have no idea what else to say... It's only a couple of post in, and I'm already growing fond of these characters...

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 25 August 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#68 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Working on my intro post, but about to go sightseeing with the missus. Possibly have it up tonight.

#69 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 25 August 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

This looks good. I have no idea what else to say... It's only a couple of post in, and I'm already growing fond of these characters...

me and rogue are total pro. Oh, And Nomad. He's super fly too

Edited by Gammadin, 25 August 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#70 Col Nighthawk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hey is it too late to get in on this? It looks pretty fun and was wondering if you had room if I could in on it? I've done some role-playing before with dice and paper. Really don't care what side you put me on but if I can play. I'd like to run one of these ?????? Please let know either way. It's a enjoyable read so far, and a great concept. Can't' wait to see where it leads.

Edited by Col Nighthawk, 25 August 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#71 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Name: Meredith Johanne Jansen
Posted Image

Homeworld: -

Short Bio: Born as a daughter of a SLDF commander and the younges of 3 kids, she was predastinated for naval service. With 17 she enlisted, with 21 she graduaded from the naval arcademy, with 23 she archieved command of her first warship.

Due to her relentless command and her merchielessnes toward friend and foe, she soon was chosen to field-test the newest toy of the SLDF Navy. The Sarmarkand Carrier.

Refitted after her specifications, she now commands her special Carrier, remodeled as a heavy armored gunboat she was assigned to the 13.th fleet to investigate Prospector´s Paradise.

Ship: Sarmarkand block1 Carrier named : Eidolon

Armament :
-Medium NPPC
-2 x Light NPPC
-2 x NAC/10
-2 x NL45
-4 x NL35
-6 x LRM 20
-6 x LRM 10
-8 x SRM 4
-4 x Large Laser
-12 x Medium Laser
-40 x Machine Gun

DropShip Capacity : 2

Bay 1: Fighters (30) - 5 Doors
Bay 2: Small Craft (13) - 2 Doors
Bay 3: Fighters (30) - 5 Doors
Bay 4: Cargo (46,750) - 5 Doors

Heat Sinks : 960

Armor : 500 tons

Edited by ChaosGrinder, 26 August 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#72 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hmmm...I think a few extra tonnes have been slipped in there CG :(
Either way, I like the idea that 6 extra tonnes of armour, a couple extra MGs, SRM4s and a single LRM20 are the difference between a carrier and a 'heavily armed gunboat' though :blush:
If she's mid-20s though, it's hard to believe she'd have such a large and powerful ship though - even having a small corvette at that age is impressive - considering she'd have been ~22 when she left the academy and joined the navy proper. Maybe add a few years :(

EDIT: Yay! Thom is attached to my characters already!
Oh, I meant to say, I noticed yesterday (Because I was going to give the Night Caller a mobile HPG) that the HPG hasn't been invented yet. So all communications are by pony express. Hence why I had the Night Caller returning from a preassigned meeting point with the new orders.

Edited by RogueSpear, 26 August 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#73 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Heh, i left out 1 Dropship, reduced the fighter cap by 12 and other stuff :blush:

Allright :( I´ll leave the age blank, she won´t tell anyway :(

#74 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 26 August 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Hmmm...I think a few extra tonnes have been slipped in there CG :(
Either way, I like the idea that 6 extra tonnes of armour, a couple extra MGs, SRM4s and a single LRM20 are the difference between a carrier and a 'heavily armed gunboat' though :blush:
If she's mid-20s though, it's hard to believe she'd have such a large and powerful ship though - even having a small corvette at that age is impressive - considering she'd have been ~22 when she left the academy and joined the navy proper. Maybe add a few years :(

Yeah, I noted with Commodore Serrano that she's surprisingly young at 30 to be commanding a big WarShip, after serving a tour as a WarShip XO and a DropShip captain. Think more weathered eyes, a little paunch, and greying streaks than fresh faces.

On the **** side, Major Kyle is definitely halfway through his career as an ASF pilot, where reflexes are life. His XO at 40 is fighting being forcibly "retired" to a shipboard role.

Edit: "fl ip" is censored on its own? REALLY?

View PostRogueSpear, on 26 August 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Oh, I meant to say, I noticed yesterday (Because I was going to give the Night Caller a mobile HPG) that the HPG hasn't been invented yet. So all communications are by pony express. Hence why I had the Night Caller returning from a preassigned meeting point with the new orders.

You mean...a time before ComStar?!? Before even BLAKE?!?

BLASPHEMY!

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 26 August 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#75 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Woah, if you dropped all that stuff CG, you're probably running very light!

Amusingly, Comstar wasn't founded until during the First Succession War - maybe even Second, I can't remember off hand.

#76 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostChaosGrinder, on 26 August 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Name: Meredith Johanne Jansen
Posted Image

Homeworld: -

Short Bio: Born as a daughter of a SLDF commander and the younges of 3 kids, she was predastinated for naval service. With 17 she enlisted, with 21 she graduaded from the naval arcademy, with 23 she archieved command of her first warship.

*cough* DropShip, maybe?

#77 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hey hey hey. Let's remember a Warship is anything with a compact KF drive. She simply has a military grade Invader class Jumpship.

#78 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

@ Sparks : Remember : Not every Carrier-commander in our days started as rowboadman :(
They all went to he arcademy, they all studied modern warfare. Not all of them has seen action live and in color :(

#79 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

They have in the British Navy, I don't know what pansy *ss nonsense you Germans get up to...
Carriers are often used as flagships - so an Aircraft Carrier Captain is often a Rear or full Admiral. They've served for 20-40 years, and command fleets.
Young Charline the ensign does not get put in charge of a corvette, never mind a carrier!
Military service is needed before you get a command, you must earn your place!

Say no to Mary Sue! http://tvtropes.org/...hp/Main/MarySue

#80 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 26 August 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

They have in the British Navy, I don't know what pansy *ss nonsense you Germans get up to...
Carriers are often used as flagships - so an Aircraft Carrier Captain is often a Rear or full Admiral. They've served for 20-40 years, and command fleets.
Young Charline the ensign does not get put in charge of a corvette, never mind a carrier!
Military service is needed before you get a command, you must earn your place!

Say no to Mary Sue! http://tvtropes.org/...hp/Main/MarySue

Oh Mary Sue, how we love you. She was in charge of Wolfs Dragoons right? (stupid wolfs dragoons...grumble grumble)

Tankian-Calderon is only 31 and is of significantly high rank, i used the old battletech standard of being related to a royal house it pretty much is an excuse to go buck wild as far as promotions go. Maybe follow a similar route? I'm sure the Cameron's hand out tittles like hot cakes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users