The Jolly Rogers!

463 replies to this topic

#381 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

One good way of getting good recruits is being nice, and taking the high road (NOTE PLEASE THAT I AM NOT ADVOCATING DRUG USE HERE! I MEAN "HIGH" IN THE VERTICAL SENSE NOT ANY OTHER WAY! THAT IS FINAL!). Evolution gave us two cheeks for a reason :( Hope this advice shapes your life in a good way! See you on the battletech field!

#382 Spartan

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Jack, thank you for the reply and clarification. Good luck to you and your unit.

#383 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Most AFFS units use the combined arms doctrine. that is they consist of light, medium, heavy, and assualt mechs with infantry, armor, and aerospace assets. Thats from the lore btw. They do Have some heavy, and assualt mech only units with aerospace, and infanrty support. Thats what makes the Davions so dangerous the other houses tend to run units that are one mech class only with no infantry or aerospace support. If your going for a mix of mechs for flexability than I am good with that.

#384 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 22 June 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Most AFFS units use the combined arms doctrine. that is they consist of light, medium, heavy, and assualt mechs with infantry, armor, and aerospace assets. Thats from the lore btw. They do Have some heavy, and assualt mech only units with aerospace, and infanrty support. Thats what makes the Davions so dangerous the other houses tend to run units that are one mech class only with no infantry or aerospace support. If your going for a mix of mechs for flexability than I am good with that.

Yea, fluff and in game wise we're fans of higher mobility forces, and we're really hoping for combined arms somewhere down the line in MW:O. Would love to see aerospace assets added, especially with our paint scheme.

#385 GenSheridan

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

holy smokes Azantia, what did you say???

#386 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Must have been interesting to get a Mod in here, LOL!

#387 DEADTIME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Love to join you, I was playing mech warrior (still have the first box labled battle droids) the board game when it first came out. Have all the books and games, looking to join a unit that uses voice coms and is mature. I'm 43 was in the Army for a long time as a tanker and now retired to run my own business. I'm pacific time and live in Idaho.

#388 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

PM either Col. Jack or Azantia or start a thread here: http://www.blackburn...ders.enjin.com/

#389 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

BUMP!

#390 Aeryk Corsaer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

Very cool artwork for Mech unit designation. Good Luck in your service to the First Prince.

#391 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostAeryk Corsaer, on 05 July 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Very cool artwork for Mech unit designation. Good Luck in your service to the First Prince.

Thanks! We wish you the best of luck and many confirmed kills!

#392 Purgatory22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

We have opened recruitment up. We have exactly 8 spots and its very important to us that we find the 8 "right" guys to put in those spots. If you think you'd make a good fit head on over to our website and apply.

p.s. getting on TS3 and hanging out would go a long way in making the application process a success. we use No Guts No Galaxy TS3 server atm.

#393 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Link??

#394 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Black Skull & Crossbones

Now and then we had a hope
That if we lived and were good
God would permit us to be pirates
- Mark Twain

#395 Purgatory22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Taking this to the top.

#396 T C Baxter

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

These guys and gals are a great group of people. Come in and take a look.

#397 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I sincerely hope that I am not simply asking again a question that has already been covered, but what exactly makes those Rogers so Jolly, and is it illegal?

I always feel that a group's name should be expressive, and signify the demeanor of its members. Is this true of your name, and your group? Or is the choice of name as mundane as a reference to the horrifically violent pirates so often glorified in popular modern mass-media? I would personally find that slightly revolting were that the case, but I will not fault another person for having made that latter choice.

In any case, I would like further clarification upon the matter of your Clan name, and exactly what it refers to.

Awaiting your reply,

Supercluster General-Brigadier Thirdus Flowrian,

(imagine my signature here)

Clan Smoke Trees,
7100 Terra.

#398 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

They're named after Skull Squadron from Robotech.

Posted Image

Or maybe after a variety of Navy fighter squadrons (VF-17, VF-61, VF-84, & VFA-103) that have borne the same nickname and overall emblems.

Posted Image

#399 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

Would like to thank Hayden again for another amazing repaint in the 1st BBR colors!

Posted Image

#400 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

got a recruitment request from you guys, and here i am responding. this is my dream unit, as it were. i am indeed former military (USMC, '88-92), with experience from the first gulf war. you sound very much like professionals, and though i'm no pro, i will apply myself to the best of my ability. hope to hear from you.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users