Timberwolf Mki And Mad Dog Prime

172 replies to this topic

#161 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

I have to say your skill is something to behold! I am truly envious and glad you shared your talents with us.

#162 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

Maybe a Panther?

#163 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

The Vulture/Mad Dog is the one clan mech I always really liked the look of (the original version, not the later redesign from the MW games). I'd pilot your version in a heartbeat, even though I'm one of those old 3025 guys to whom clantech is generally at best something we grudgingly accept. :P Very nice work.

#164 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 16 April 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Oh man I couldn't even guess what that might be, but from what I've seen before I'm looking forward to finding out.

Guess I better get rolling on it, then, eh?

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 16 April 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

I predict Kodiak.

Although, I forget if HY's already done it...

I have not.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 April 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Maybe a Panther?

Oh, good guess!

View PostViper69, on 16 April 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

I have to say your skill is something to behold! I am truly envious and glad you shared your talents with us.

Thank you! It is comments like this that keep me going.

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 16 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

The Vulture/Mad Dog is the one clan mech I always really liked the look of (the original version, not the later redesign from the MW games). I'd pilot your version in a heartbeat, even though I'm one of those old 3025 guys to whom clantech is generally at best something we grudgingly accept. ;) Very nice work.

My first BattleTech game was Crescent Hawks Inception on the Commodore=64 when my age was still in the single digits. A smattering of a few games later - Crescent Hawk's Revenge and MechWarrior came and went. But I was reintroduced to the franchise in the 90s with MechWarrior II and TRO3050.

While I liked the customization options of ClanTech and played some INCREDIBLY munchy designs, I've come to appreciate the static builds of pre-omnimech models. Adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of a particular build, thinking tactically and critically about my next move, and hoping the dice roll in my favor. That just adds something more to a game than being able to pile on the most armor, the highest damage output, and then playing the same maximized loads that everyone else is playing.

#165 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I played Crescent Hawks as well(My age was in the well not single digits ;) ) and the first battletech game that had a battlemaster, marauder and warhammer to name a few and you had 3 options in a match. Destroy the enemy mech, defend your base or destroy the enemy base. I tried running it on a modern computer that didnt know to throttle back the speed of the game and litteraly the match was over in less than one second.

Crescent hawks was fun because it was a nice RPG. I remember the city being attacked while you were on your training run with a little wasp or something. Very fun.

Edited by Viper69, 16 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#166 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'm taking a short break from my Kodiak model. So I went and finally textured my Mad Dog. It's based on the Smoke Jaguar Alpha Galaxy paint scheme. This figure specifically. I had to recreate the Alpha Galaxy insignia since I couldn't find a high enough scan and the one at CamoSpecs is way too tiny.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#167 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 26 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

I'm taking a short break from my Kodiak model. So I went and finally textured my Mad Dog. It's based on the Smoke Jaguar Alpha Galaxy paint scheme. This figure specifically. I had to recreate the Alpha Galaxy insignia since I couldn't find a high enough scan and the one at CamoSpecs is way too tiny.

Posted Image
Posted Image

You ever do a Mad Dog or Summoner Model based off the MW4 versions? I ask mostly because I think they are the best looking renditions of the base art.

#168 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 April 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

You ever do a Mad Dog or Summoner Model based off the MW4 versions? I ask mostly because I think they are the best looking renditions of the base art.

Nope. All of the completed BT models that I've built can be seen at my dA page. http://lady-die.deviantart.com/ I think the MW4 Mad Dog is considered the Vulture MkII or something now. Didn't remember what their Summoner looked like. Had to look it up; it looks fairly simplified.

#169 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 26 April 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Nope. All of the completed BT models that I've built can be seen at my dA page. http://lady-die.deviantart.com/ I think the MW4 Mad Dog is considered the Vulture MkII or something now. Didn't remember what their Summoner looked like. Had to look it up; it looks fairly simplified.

It is, as is the HellBringer, but their legs lose the Thunderthighs, the cockpits look better, and their arms look like they wont snap in a stiff breeze, hence my preference.

#170 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

Just a quick test render to try out some lighting and environment.

http://lady-die.deviantart.com/art/Clan-Smoke-Jaguar-Mad-Dog-368397925

#171 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 28 April 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

Just a quick test render to try out some lighting and environment.

http://lady-die.deviantart.com/art/Clan-Smoke-Jaguar-Mad-Dog-368397925

You have a Mad Dog in snow camo, snowy enviroment and a GB Kodiak again in frost camo...

Are you trying to do MW:GBL intro remake by a chance?

#172 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Not an animated one, I'm afraid.

#173 Dragonstrike

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 83 posts