Gray Death Legion

367 replies to this topic

#161 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

<S> Greetings everyone, welcome to the Hiring hall.

Please go ahead and sign up at the GDL forum
http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com

Sign up with a Mektek login and join the group, then report to the Roll Call thread. Looking forwards to meeting everyone there!

View PostDragonHawk, on 11 January 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Howdy all

I would like in as well, I played all the board/computer games and read all of the books for Btech/Mechwarrior.
I'ev been waiting for many years for this game to become an MMORPG!

Welcome DragonHawk, glad to have you aboard!

View PostMcNik, on 22 January 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Sign me in pls. I am a great fan of the GDL and have lot of experience with mechs and I'm also a good mech-pilot.

Good to know you McNik, we'll put you through your paces and see how talented you are. :D Welcome aboard!

View PostMadtrekie, on 22 January 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

The waiting really is killer when I'm sitting in my patrol car, taking calls for peaple who really need to learn to be adults.

<S>
Ah, a fellow member of the Law Enforcement community? Nice to meet ya sir. Are you Local or State level? Just curious. And yes, finding a mature adult is becoming rarer and rarer these days. But I digress. If you're interested in joining the Legion, feel free to check out the forum link above and check us out!

View PostDrachenwolf, on 22 January 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

GDL is ALL I played ever. Whether it was TT or MW4 Mercs GDL was and is my unit of choice. I have been around since MW2 and up. First TT game purchased when it first hit the store shelves back in in the 80s.
From what I understand of how pilots were ranked back in the day in MW4Mercs, out of all the pilots listed my rank was in the top 100 out of 10,000 or so. So I guess im good in a mech. :(
I Dont mean to sound cocky. :rolleyes:

Hope you guys pick me. <_<

Greetings Drachenwolf, a pleasure to meet you and welcome to the Legion. As for us picking you, it's mot so much that as a matter of you picking us :P Take a gander at our forum link above and if you like what you see feel free to join up and get to know us in the Roll Call thread. I always welcome diehard fans of the Legion to the fold. ;)

Now with all that said,

As you all may have noticed this is my Gray Death Legion tagged name, which I'll try to start posting under here instead of my Habokku tag.

If anyone has any questions feel free to reply here, or PM me direcly under this name or Habokku (I check both semi-regularly)

See you boys and girls dirtside, and a hearty welcome aboard to any and all who wish to join our ranks!

<S>

-Havoc

Edit: Changed link to new forum

Edited by GDL_Havoc, 08 February 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#162 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostGDL_Havoc, on 22 January 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

<S> Greetings everyone, welcome to the Hiring hall.

Please go ahead and sign up at the GDL forum
http://www.mektek.ne...y-death-legion/

Sign up with a Mektek login and join the group, then report to the Roll Call thread. Looking forwards to meeting everyone there!

<S>

-Havoc

Tried the above and got as far as logging in there, but I get an error everytime I do anything other than just search for Gray Death. The user name there is GDLMakiaveli.

#163 Maurice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEasthampton Ma.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Sign me up .but i must tell you ive only played the boardgame, an mechcommander2 andmech warrior4

#164 Patch Holt

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRhode Island ,USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Welcome all to the Legion's hall. We will work getting you settled in.

#165 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hey Maki, good to see I could convince you to give up on those silly Liao or Capellans or whatever you were! ;)

#166 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostDarkTreader, on 26 January 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Hey Maki, good to see I could convince you to give up on those silly Liao or Capellans or whatever you were! :lol:

Well I am going to work that into my backstory, so it worked out well ;)

**edit** To whom it may concern (or whom is willing to help :D) PS still no luck but I think my acct. is bugged. I don't even have permission to view my own profile. Sent a message to the admins. Do they send a authentication email? I never got one, and yes I checked my spam folder.

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 26 January 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#167 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Count me in.
GDL rulz...

:lol:

#168 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 26 January 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well I am going to work that into my backstory, so it worked out well :D

**edit** To whom it may concern (or whom is willing to help :)) PS still no luck but I think my acct. is bugged. I don't even have permission to view my own profile. Sent a message to the admins. Do they send a authentication email? I never got one, and yes I checked my spam folder.

Hey ya Nick <S>

I'll try and help ya with this if I can, though I don't know why it would be giving you trouble. I'm going to see what else we can work out in the near future and am considering setting up an alternate forum that is less buggy and more user friendly than the current MekTek page we're using. More on that in the coming days and weeks. That said I'm sorry for my slow reply. Work has been hectic and I've had other personal issues cropping up lef-right-and-sideways. That said if you have any questions please feel free to PM me directly or reply here if you prefer. Thanks and I look forwards to chatting more with you soon I do hope. <S>

View PostFelix Dante, on 26 January 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Count me in.
GDL rulz...

B)

<S> Welcome aboard Felix :( Glad to have you, please head over to the MekTek forum and register a name, then join the GDL team and introduce yourself in the Roll Call thread! Looking forwards to getting to know you!

See you all soon,

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Edited by Habokku, 31 January 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#169 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Not sure, but I believe the names of canon units are off-limits to players. You are probably going to have a whale of a time ripping off "Grey Death Legion"

#170 Stormblast

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 01 February 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Not sure, but I believe the names of canon units are off-limits to players. You are probably going to have a whale of a time ripping off "Grey Death Legion"

Interesting point coming from somebody giving themselves the blood name of Kerensky.

#171 Deffias

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Ive been a huge mechwarrior fan since Mechwarrior 2 and played pretty much every one of the PC games single/multiplayer, dabbled in MWL a bit back in 2005. After hearing all this talk about how great GDL is, I may go and read up on them a bit!

Really great to see all this enthusiasm towards this game, its definitely intoxicating a bit and has me jazz'd to do some damage under the GDL :P

I'm registered on MekTek as "Durn" and patiently awaiting the invite B)

#172 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Attention everyone:

This is a priority one, I repeat, priority one comminuque from command.

I have just established a new forum for our use, since the MekTek forum has been being finnikey over the last few weeks and several members have not been able to access it.

Please proceed to our new forums at the URL listed below. Sign up and chime in on the Roll Call thread there once you've gotten registered.

http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com/

From this point forwards, this will be our forum for discussing Legion buisness and organization.

I'll see all of you there soon.

<S>

-Havoc

#173 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostDeffias, on 01 February 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Ive been a huge mechwarrior fan since Mechwarrior 2 and played pretty much every one of the PC games single/multiplayer, dabbled in MWL a bit back in 2005. After hearing all this talk about how great GDL is, I may go and read up on them a bit!

Really great to see all this enthusiasm towards this game, its definitely intoxicating a bit and has me jazz'd to do some damage under the GDL :P

I'm registered on MekTek as "Durn" and patiently awaiting the invite B)

Hey Durn, good to see you. Please see the above post for our new forum information, the URL is http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com
Join up, and be sure to say hello in the Roll Call thread.

Looking forwards to seeing you there.

<S>

Greetings Alaric,

I've not seen that listed anywhere in any of the forums, and to my knowledge that is not the case. If you have evidence to refute that, I'd please ask you to point me to it if you'd be so kind?

Thanks for the concern.

<S>

-Havoc

#174 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

As Havok intimated, pics or it didn't happen!! :o

Seriously, if it's an issue, I'm sure something will be worked out. With luck we will be able to associate ourselves directly, similar to how it's been stated that members of House units can earn their way into a famous House unit.

#175 Star Ranger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I have also played the GDL in mw4 been along time fan you have my support see you in the game

#176 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostStar Ranger, on 04 February 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I have also played the GDL in mw4 been along time fan you have my support see you in the game

Greetings Star Ranger <S>. Glad to see your support for the Legion!

Head on over to our forums if you haven't already and sign up.

http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com

Looking forwards to seeing you there, and welcome aboard.

-Havoc

#177 GDL Havoc

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Just bumping the Legion back to the top of the queue for a little bit.

To any interested in joining the Legion, please feel free to check out our forum, we welcome any pilots willing to fight for more than a paycheck, but for what's right.

Here's a link to Sarna, that details more of our history for any who might be interested.
http://www.sarna.net...ay_Death_Legion

And finally, another link to our forums.
http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com/

<S> See you Mechwarriors dirtside.

-Havoc

#178 Countdownboy

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

sign me in pls
i have registered on the mektek side,
have play mechwarrior vengeace and loved the books :)

#179 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostCountdownboy, on 08 February 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

sign me in pls
i have registered on the mektek side,
have play mechwarrior vengeace and loved the books :)

Hey Countdownbowy <S>

Welcome, We've recently switched forums to a different one located here: http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com

The Mektek forums we were using were not acting right for several of our pilots, so I opted for a simpler format that I will add to later on down the road.

Head over to the GDL Mercs forum link and sign up there, I'm about to edit the links my previous posts to reflect the new forum.

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#180 Countdownboy

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

registered
thx for this information

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users