Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#221 KaiserSoze

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationI have left where I was, and I am now where I won't be.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

The unbound weapons... MPW Warheads.... Sensor Jammer..... Mase..... Cookie Cutter rounds.... Armour Piercing AC Rounds... AWWWW needed to release all that Speculatory Stuff floating in my brain...LOL

#222 KaiserSoze

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationI have left where I was, and I am now where I won't be.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

A Cheat Code "THATS NO ARCHON" And a Mech appears and stabs you in the back...LOL :)

#223 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

The devs are implementing dual nintendo power glove support for the melee combat system.
Posted Image

#224 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostKaiserSoze, on 23 February 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

A Cheat Code "THATS NO ARCHON" And a Mech appears and stabs you in the back...LOL :)

The old MW2 "bubbleboy" code will make a comeback as well, except instead of displaying targeting spheres, it will open a Trivial Pursuit minigame featuring misprinted answer cards.

#225 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Flyingdebris' re-reseen Marauder, with its AC/5 relocated to the groin, will appear alongside a redesigned Stalker with spheroid "arms" in a joint release as 'mechs 8 and 9.

#226 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostDaZur, on 23 February 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Speculation: MW:O will herald a new era of physics based damage allocation... So precise if a Mech takes a AC shot to the groin region, the Mech's knees will actually buckle and it will fall to the ground grasping at it's twigs'n berries and can be heard making guttural moans...

I thought that if you shot a 'mech in the groin, the pilot ejects?

#227 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 23 February 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

I thought that if you shot a 'mech in the groin, the pilot ejects?

Waoh, what kind of weird mechs have you been hanging out with?

#228 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostOmigir, on 24 February 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Waoh, what kind of weird mechs have you been hanging out with?

#229 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 24 February 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

You do relise that Summoner had it's head centered between its shoulder's right?

<__< One of the CSJ guys I play MW4 with tried to get me to watch that.. made it half way through the first episode then passed out after chocking on my own vomit.

Maybe mechwarrior games wont be the only thing to get a reboot...

#230 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

All the biggest trolls on the forums will be recruited as Mechwarriors to fight as clanners on invasion day. All the most disliked and controversial will be recruited as star and galaxy commanders. All all will be lead to Tera by Paul "Kerensky".

#231 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Sweet! I get to be a Galaxy commander! What do I have to be a Khan?

#232 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 25 February 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Work for PGI. >.>

#233 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

After watching 10 episodes of the animated series I'm now convinced, that there will be only one size of laser... and their colour will be determined by your faction. Three consecutive hits to one of your 'Mech's extremities will cause it to fall off in a totally overexaggerated explosion. There will also be a module called "enhanced imaging", but only after we're half through the Clan invasion. Don't ask me, what the "enhanced imaging" module will do for you, other than showing the environment in the animated series' original graphics... but we all will want it ;)

And now back to the remaining episodes... man, I'm bored ;)

#234 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 25 February 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

You dont want to know... trust me.

#235 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

The Mech lab will look exactly like Dextor's laboratory. The dev team will add in random weapon misfires and module failures via the "Dee Dee effect" as you customize your Mech. You will see weapons and modules disappear and will have to track down your arch-nemesis, Mandark, to prevent this.

#236 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Instead of buying virtual mechs, PGI is going to try and use up the remaining click-tech stock by making you by making you buy a small plastic model of the chassis you want and put in a USB enabled 'mech bay' that connects to your computer ala Skylanders.

#237 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Every one that posts in this thread will be labeled a 'Troll" and thus will not be allowed to play the game when it launches. Same extends to anybody who has liked anything in this thread.

PGI also has assembled a hit list of key players in the Dev team who are making MW:T and in order to get into MW:O, people who were banned by participating in this thread have to each kill at least one key member. Slots are limited so once all the key members are gone, we the trolls will then have to fight amongst ourselves to determine who gets to play MW:O. When we face each other, each fighter will say 'Enhanced Vision" at which point we will consume LSD and fight.

#238 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 24 February 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Ooooohhh, right in the Blast Panel!

It's like giving Butters a Glock!:eek:

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Instead of buying virtual mechs, PGI is going to try and use up the remaining click-tech stock by making you by making you buy a small plastic model of the chassis you want and put in a USB enabled 'mech bay' that connects to your computer ala Skylanders.

Holy crap, I though they banned stuff like that after the eighties!

View PostOmigir, on 26 February 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Slots are limited so once all the key members are gone, we the trolls will then have to fight amongst ourselves to determine who gets to play MW:O. When we face each other, each fighter will say 'Enhanced Vision" at which point we will consume LSD and fight.

Somehow I'm not seeing "internet troll high on acid" as a potent fighting force against anything but a software developer... :)

#239 Skygrunt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

All mechs are powered by nuclear reactors the first one destroyed ends the game and surving pilots must now play fallout 3049

#240 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Revealed! A blatant attempt at inserting a subliminal message into MW:O!

From HANS (Half-Assad News Service). According to a well placed inside source a plan to affect video game players have come to light; 'Mechs have hands not to do anything useful like picking up objects, etc, but are a diabolical collaboration between the entire development and publishing team along with a "large sub sandwich restaurant" to subtly compel MW:O players to eat more sandwiches. This happens when the Mechs with hands occasionally yet cleverly do a motion that when viewed at the correct angle looks exactly like the "Five... Five dollar... Five dollar foot long..." hand gesture.

Top scientists have confirmed that this gesture directly leads to the increased sales of sub sandwiches resulting in a larger epidemic in obesity and heart related illnesses. FLOTUS Michelle Obama has assembled a top level advisory team to discuss what can be done at the federal level to combat this threat to the nation as well as the world at large. After all, we must protect the children.

Investigators are currently looking into the personal finances of all persons involved with MW:O to decide who are in violation of insider trading laws. Reportedly crime kingpin Bernie Madoff has been instrumental in diagramming the complex structure of this shadow organization. It is understood that several international law enforcement agencies are cooperating in bringing down the perpetrators.

Remember: We must investigate this based not on the facts but on the seriousness of the charge. We here at HANS© will not rest until all involved have confessed to this insidious conspiracy between Big Mech™ and Big Sandwich™.

Stay tuned for further developments.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users