Unseen/reseen: Aye Or Nay?

408 replies to this topic

Poll: Unseen, Reseen or nope? (1175 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI add the Reseen/Unseen?

1. I accept nothing but the original Unseen. (115 votes [9.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.79%

2. Voted I prefer the Unseen, but if it isn't possible to add them, I will accept the Reseen. (645 votes [54.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.89%

3. I prefer the Reseen. (140 votes [11.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.91%

4. I don't care if the Reseen/Unseen will be added. (179 votes [15.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.23%

5. I prefer PGI to bring a whole new design of these mechs (not Unseen, not Reseen). (96 votes [8.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

IDC, they are all all the heavy mechanical Sex!

#102 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

View PostKANE LIVES, on 03 September 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Only problem, that big gun is a Small Laser.

There are some unseen that looks amazing but don't really match with the weapon loadout. That´s the problem of having the drawing first and the technical specifications latter. :ph34r:

#103 CharlieV

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

I just found online game from BF universe with some unseen mechs :)

#104 Colonel Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

I want my old Warhammer back :-(

but don't worry, I'll get over it

#105 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostCharlieV, on 07 September 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

I just found online game from BF universe with some unseen mechs :P

What game?

#106 Shiara

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSunderland, MA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

I prefer the Unseen; the Warhammer is my favorite and always has been. However, I would accept the Reseen...with a certain resignation.

Shiara

#107 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Doesnt LL have some unseen. I know the mektek release of mw4 does.

#108 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostBelorion, on 11 September 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

They have.

#109 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostBelorion, on 11 September 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Those are non-profit projects, they can do things that BT can't get away with.

#110 Naclador

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'd prefer the unseen as well, but if this is not possible I could lwell live with the reseen Rifleman and Warhammer, but PLEASE if you give us a reseen Marauder, DO NOT use the design at the beginning of this thread! This is ugly enough to make an Imp look pretty.

#111 Marty Mechfly

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'd be ecstatic at the unseen triumphantly returning. I'd love to see them in the new art style. The reseen have some pretty variable quality in my opinion, but they're better than pretending the unseen never existed. I also quite like some of them - Reseen Marauder IIC isn't too bad, for example.

#112 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I may be the only old school mechwarrior/battletech player who prefers the reseen marauder but I think it's boss. Also I do hope thati can get a thunderbolt eventually

#113 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postempath, on 31 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Also of note: that fun stuff regarding 'illegitimate' licenses going from Studio Nue -> ??? -> TCI -> FASA?
Around 2002, Japanese courts ruled that FASA was in the right...and to clearly illustrate the quagmire that the legal system is, this ruling has NO bearing on any legal proceedings in the U.S. or anywhere else outside Japan. ;)

tl;dr? Anything involving lawyers is going to leave you broke, even if you win. Right, Gwyd? :(

Actually, you are incorrect on the fact of the rulings from the Japanese court cases. Due to the US, Canada, and Japan being signatories to the Berne Convention, the US and Canadian courts have to abide by the copyright laws and rulings from Japan concerning ownership of the copyrights to the mech and character designs. All it takes would be for Studio Nue, Fasa, or PGI to sue HG and enter into the complaint of copyright infringement against HG would be the ruling of the Japanese Supreme Court that shows who has clear ownership to the mech and character designs. The US and Canadian courts will have to decide in favor of Studio Nue et al for the exclusive license between HG and Tatsunoko to be thrown out on copyright violations. When Tatsunoko made the exclusive license they were under the assumption they owned the copyrights to the mech and character designs, when in fact they did not. This is copyright infringement and HG could be severely punished, in the millions of dollars worth of fines, that would result in the nullification of the exclusive license and possible bankruptcy of HG. This is all thanks to the Berne Convention.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 16 November 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#114 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I love the unseen, but voted that I don't care... you know why? I don't want harmony gold to get a single penny. Seriously, F those guys.

#115 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostStandingCow, on 16 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I love the unseen, but voted that I don't care... you know why? I don't want harmony gold to get a single penny. Seriously, F those guys.

HG couldn't possibly get a single penny since they never had a legal license to the mech and character designs. They have perpetuated copyright infringement and fraud against Studio Nue and Fasa, so they would be heavily fined under US copyright law that could bankrupt them. Since it was willful infringement and their history of litigating against Fasa over copyright infringement repeatedly, when they didn't have a legal license, it can be a criminal case as well. That's a nice thought of the big wigs at HG sitting behind bars along with their lawyers. :(

EDIT: I wonder if RICO could be used against HG as well...

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 16 November 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#116 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Honestly I just can not like the reseen mechs. They just look goofy. The wasp, stinger and riflemen are the worst.

The griffin IIC is the only one I like the look of. And I still wish some aspects of it were different.

#117 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Reseen Rifleman looks pretty deadly :(

#118 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 16 November 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

HG couldn't possibly get a single penny since they never had a legal license to the mech and character designs. They have perpetuated copyright infringement and fraud against Studio Nue and Fasa, so they would be heavily fined under US copyright law that could bankrupt them. Since it was willful infringement and their history of litigating against Fasa over copyright infringement repeatedly, when they didn't have a legal license, it can be a criminal case as well. That's a nice thought of the big wigs at HG sitting behind bars along with their lawyers. :(

EDIT: I wonder if RICO could be used against HG as well...

I think PGI is afraid to touch the mess though.

#119 clanwolf3050

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

All I know the unseen/reseen are the core of 'mechs for darn near forever. You could hardly check out any BT info and not hear about an Archer, Wasp, Warhammer, or any other unseen/reseen. I would love to see them is some form.

#120 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Postclanwolf3050, on 16 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

All I know the unseen/reseen are the core of 'mechs for darn near forever. You could hardly check out any BT info and not hear about an Archer, Wasp, Warhammer, or any other unseen/reseen. I would love to see them is some form.

Unfortunately this doesn't look like it is going to happen any time soon. Frankly, I'm saddened by this as I love these mechs as well and I wouldn't care if Alex redid all of them to "make them look different enough". I also think it would go a LONG way to smoothing some ruffled feathers from we purists but I'm not making the game or paying the bills to keep the lights on so I don't get a say.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users