Unseen/reseen: Aye Or Nay?

408 replies to this topic

Poll: Unseen, Reseen or nope? (1175 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI add the Reseen/Unseen?

1. I accept nothing but the original Unseen. (115 votes [9.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.79%

2. Voted I prefer the Unseen, but if it isn't possible to add them, I will accept the Reseen. (645 votes [54.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.89%

3. I prefer the Reseen. (140 votes [11.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.91%

4. I don't care if the Reseen/Unseen will be added. (179 votes [15.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.23%

5. I prefer PGI to bring a whole new design of these mechs (not Unseen, not Reseen). (96 votes [8.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Anudiz

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I want the Marauder!!
And Marauder II
Hands down best mech of all!
But unfortunaly an unseen -_______-

Dont care about the other very much, but the reseen look very good, too.

Suggestion:
Implement them all :)

#162 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I love the Unseen, but hate the Reseen. The Reseen are fugly as hell.

What I dearly would love to see is PGI's take on the Unseen. They've done some seriously brilliant work on the 'mechs we have so far, and I have no reason to think they'd make anything less stellar for the Unseen.

But no Reseen designs. Ever. Fugly.

#163 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

if we got them no matter how they looked would just be good enough for me there what made mechwarrior and battletech win for all of us.

#164 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I had never seen the reseen before. Now that I've seen them, I like them more than the unseen. Either way I would like my marauder IIC at some point.

#165 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 09 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hmmm...

What would be both novel and ironic, is if MWO were to base its visual renditions of the Unseen BattleMechs on the depictions used in the Japanese-release edition of BattleTech - which, as it happens, were produced by Studio Nue, the original creators of Macross and the artwork that is today associated with the Unseen and the conflict with Harmony Gold. :)

Stick it to HG by going back to the source?! :)

I've proposed that very thing before for TT with, at best, mixed opinions resulting. Personally, I think those are awesome.

#166 sir tahn maihem

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I would be very happy if they gave me a Warhammer. Reseen or Unseen doesn't matter much to me as long as it gets a MWO style makeover. I just want a WHM-6R for my mech bay.

#167 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostSandslice, on 09 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I've proposed that very thing before for TT with, at best, mixed opinions resulting. Personally, I think those are awesome.

Aspects of them are for sure, overall I love the Japanese styling. I don't know if I'd want direct imports, the are very anime, but some of the features would look great in some of FD's designs.

But as far as the unseen/reseen debate goes, I hate the reseen. The reseen marauder makes me want to eat my own eyeballs. But some of the mechs we already have were horrible ugly ducklings before FD got hold of them (cataphract I'm looking at you), so who knows what he might come up with.

#168 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Warhammer has always been my favorite. Honestly, those complaining about the load outs for hte Unseen being sub-par have to be crazy.

Standard WH has:

2 energy (LA/RA)
4 energy, 2 ballistic (LT/RT)
1 missile (LT)

That's some pretty great zombie potential. Think "Centurion" with 2 UAC5's and 4xML (with a nice SRM6 for good measure). Eep.

#169 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 09 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hmmm...

What would be both novel and ironic, is if MWO were to base its visual renditions of the Unseen BattleMechs on the depictions used in the Japanese-release edition of BattleTech - which, as it happens, were produced by Studio Nue, the original creators of Macross and the artwork that is today associated with the Unseen and the conflict with Harmony Gold. :(

Stick it to HG by going back to the source?! :P

HG will still sue PGI into the ground. Lets make this clear, HG does not actually own any of the artistic rights to the unseen and never has. HG has the North American distribution rights to the various anime the unseen came out of and uses that as a sledgehammer to force anyone who tries to use the unseen into court, and then to keep them there until they run out of money.

#170 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Since I never played TT, I don't have some nostalgic love affair for the Unseen. Hell, I don't even think they're that good looking.

#171 Aidan McRae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Want Marauder, Wolverine, Warhammer, and Battlemaster. Any version. NB4 Clans, please.

#172 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

View Postthemoob, on 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Since I never played TT, I don't have some nostalgic love affair for the Unseen. Hell, I don't even think they're that good looking.

I never played TT either and they're among my favorite; in my opinion the designs hold up well without looking like silly 80s robots.

#173 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postjakucha, on 09 January 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I never played TT either and they're among my favorite; in my opinion the designs hold up well without looking like silly 80s robots.

But silly 80's robots is why I play this game :(

#174 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

If it's going to exist in a game that uses it's likeness, its either going to be "reseen" or just going to be a straight up new mech that clones the exact same internal structure. So whats the point of hating reseen?

#175 empath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUTC - 3:30

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostRicama, on 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

HG will still sue PGI into the ground. Lets make this clear, HG does not actually own any of the artistic rights to the unseen and never has. HG has the North American distribution rights to the various anime the unseen came out of and uses that as a sledgehammer to force anyone who tries to use the unseen into court, and then to keep them there until they run out of money.

And when it comes right down to it, they haven't even 'forced anyone into court' very often; mostly it's the threat of litigation that they wield.

And remember, the courts and legal system has become such an arcane and obtuse realm, seeming to have it's own unique set of fundamental laws (pun not intended), that most creative people dread even going near it, for fear of becoming ANOTHER 'party who should have won but either lost due to some obscure technicality or became so financially drained from winning the legal battle that they go bankrupt anyway.'

So does ANYONE, really - REALLY - want PGI and/or IGP to take their lovely little products that we have so much hope and expectation for and essentially play chicken with copyright trolls for the sake of principle?

Really?

#176 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

View Postempath, on 12 January 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

And when it comes right down to it, they haven't even 'forced anyone into court' very often; mostly it's the threat of litigation that they wield.

And remember, the courts and legal system has become such an arcane and obtuse realm, seeming to have it's own unique set of fundamental laws (pun not intended), that most creative people dread even going near it, for fear of becoming ANOTHER 'party who should have won but either lost due to some obscure technicality or became so financially drained from winning the legal battle that they go bankrupt anyway.'

So does ANYONE, really - REALLY - want PGI and/or IGP to take their lovely little products that we have so much hope and expectation for and essentially play chicken with copyright trolls for the sake of principle?

Really?

So you'd give in to fear and let the terrorists win, even when all they have is a vague "threat" of an action (a threat that they haven't even really made) with no grounds to back them up if they actually did make that threat. I guess I see the point you're making.

Sounds a lot like no balls to me.

#177 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Given that the Unseen designs were stolen designs copied from other sources, WANTING them is useless.

If they included them the studios that hold the IPs for the ones they were stolen from will sue PGI and PGI KNOWS this

here you go; a list of the battletech mechs and what they were taken from

http://brianscache.com/unseen/

IE: Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I mean its not even SUBTLE, its as direct a rip as it could be

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 13 January 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#178 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Though Buddah, as you can see, the names associated with those above mechs aren't on the boxes. So PGI can legally change the appearance of those unseen mechs and name them as associated with the BT universe.

#179 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 13 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Though Buddah, as you can see, the names associated with those above mechs aren't on the boxes. So PGI can legally change the appearance of those unseen mechs and name them as associated with the BT universe.

or just use the already available reseen stuff lol

The point being that youre not gonna see the old designs cause pgi will get cease and decisted

#180 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

IF PGI jumps on the "reseen" based designs then do their own work on it (thus far I have no complaints) then the likelyhood of a cease and desist letter being sent is much slimmer...

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users