Ask The Devs 30 - How Much Fail?

60 replies to this topic

Poll: Ask the Devs 30 (139 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about the new format?

1. It sucks. (44 votes [31.65%])

Percentage of vote: 31.65%

2. It rocks. (26 votes [18.71%])

Percentage of vote: 18.71%

3. Whatever. (69 votes [49.64%])

Percentage of vote: 49.64%

How do you think it will go?

1. They'll give better answers than ever before. (17 votes [12.23%])

Percentage of vote: 12.23%

2. They'll give satisfactory answers. (42 votes [30.22%])

Percentage of vote: 30.22%

3. They'll give answers that make me as sad as always. (37 votes [26.62%])

Percentage of vote: 26.62%

4. I'd turn it into a drinking game if I didn't think it'd kill me. (43 votes [30.94%])

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Ask the Devs has, as many of you know, changed to a new format with five questions answered every two weeks instead of a bunch every week.

To me, the format change is nothing more than a tacit acknowledgement that they ****** up not answering Tolkien's question about ECM. They didn't need a format change; they needed to answer the ******* questions the community cares about. But whatever.

The new format could be good, forcing them to answer questions with more than, "It's being looked into," but it could also be a complete joke.

Homeless Bill's Predictions:
1. They won't answer any more stupid questions (what kind of booze do you like, what brand is your microwave, etc.). I think there's been enough bitching about it, and since there are only five, it would surprise me if they pulled that again.

2. ECM will go one of two ways in my mind:
-They will post an adequate response that should have been a Command Chair post earlier this week.
or
-They will patch the living **** out of ECM on the 15th to avoid responding.

3. Responses to the other questions I see being asked a lot so far (that would qualify for an essay response):
-Clans? What Clans?
-DX11? When it's finished.
-Community Warfare? Don't ask.
-Collision/Netcode? When they're fixed.
-Modules? They'll probably give a meaningful answer and some good examples.

Gentlemen, your predictions, please?

#2 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hahahaha, obviously you've never seen or heard a politicians sound/video bytes...

#3 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Not sure if I should take my cues from a guy called homeless bill, but you're more or less accurate.

-k

#4 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

We are the worst community in gaming history.

#5 Buck Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I predict the being as amateurish and self-important as always, while pointing out how cool and awesome their work is. I also predict this thread beating several dead horses.

#6 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostNoganite1, on 10 January 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

deleted

You say that a investors pulled out and IPG lost millions. I like to see the Info you have on this.

Post a link To the info on the investors pulled out and who it is ?

I think your a Hawken fan boy watching his game heading to the dust bin because or no user base other than respond Ganker.

Edited by miSs, 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.
quote clean-up

#7 MetMaschine

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostRiver Walker, on 10 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

You say that a investors pulled out and IPG lost millions. I like to see the Info you have on this.

Post a link To the info on the investors pulled out and who it is ?

He is dumping this garbage with a fake account all over the forums. Just ignore the douche.

#8 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ignoring the troll, PGI really do need to get better at communicating.

Soooooooooooooooo many of the comments on these forums could be pre-empted by just a small amount of communication. You can't drop something like ECM into the game, ask for feedback, get an absolute mountain, then ignore the community completely... that's pretty freaking appalling.

Not to mention the wonderful job they did communicating yesterdays patch... just drop the servers.

Ugh.

I know they are a young company, but that should make them more agile with their communications, not less so. To say nothing of professionalism.

#9 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostBuck Cake, on 10 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I predict the being as amateurish and self-important as always, while pointing out how cool and awesome their work is. I also predict this thread beating several dead horses.

PETA's gonna be pissed.

#10 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

People keep listing collisions last. I am really sorry for whatever issues you have, but collisions are the only factor that will COMPLETELY and profoundly change the game.

#11 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 10 January 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Gentlemen, your predictions, please?

"I am currently looking into this. But you can expect me to answer your question at some point in the future."

#12 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

deleted

Your opinion is worth less than one cent.

View PostNoganite1, on 10 January 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

deleted.

Yea...sure.

View PostMetMaschine, on 10 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

He is dumping this garbage with a fake account all over the forums. Just ignore the douche.

This guy's got the right idea. the douche is on ignore.

Edited by miSs, 10 January 2013 - 01:20 PM.
quote clean-up

#13 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostRiver Walker, on 10 January 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Then you are a moth piece and full of Crap prov it or F!CKOFF

lol, proof or no proof the fact is (and I see it too) this doesn't meet any of the deadlines they have set for themselves. Delayed open beta, delayed full release. ALL content had dates around Mid 2012, but we see none of it. On a game development level, this games been on the same square since the founders. We got bobble heads, paints, and a half-assed slapped together game mode called "conquest". Same maps since CB (the different variants of the same map don't constitute as "new" material). But still see no improvement with game function (i.e. net-code) and with very vague "we're working on it" responses to something actually very important for game play.

The only thing keeping this game from being crucified by critics is the BETA tag it still has. It also has a narrow following as F2P games goes. They wont upload to steam because they don't want to share the income they might see... but at the cost of mass exposure. All the steps PGI has been taking have been the wrong ones... and you don;t need anymore proof than simply reading their forums.... and to notice how uninvolved they are.

Saying they have only a year left... maybe, maybe not, i would hope not at least.

I wouldn't doubt the big investors pulling, fact or not, mainly because the exposure of this game would disappoint any and everyone who has invested into this game.

#14 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 10 January 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

This guy's got the right idea. the douche is on ignore.

Does anyone know what the cap is for the ignore list? Mine is getting really full and I would hate to max it out when there are still so many people that need to be on it.

#15 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostEyeOne, on 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

We are the worst community in gaming history.

Hahaha, or, PGI is giving us a pretty damn good excuse to be the worst.

#16 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostKylere, on 10 January 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

People keep listing collisions last. I am really sorry for whatever issues you have, but collisions are the only factor that will COMPLETELY and profoundly change the game.

Because collisions are a giant cluster without functional netcode. Trust me, it was terrible in CB, unless you piloted a dragon, in which case it was the best thing EVER

#17 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 10 January 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Does anyone know what the cap is for the ignore list? Mine is getting really full and I would hate to max it out when there are still so many people that need to be on it.

In this case, if its a dummy account, there is no point in ignoring it, it wont be around for long.

#18 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

deleted

So i read your posts and i have to wonder what kind of sense can actually be made from anything ur saying. I cant really say u dont have proof on some kind of super secret private meeting that may or may not have taken place (although if i were a betting man, id bet on you being full of it), but what you are saying makes no sense at all.

The devs want the game to fail within a year so they can make a lot of money? How does the game failing make them money? On top of that you say they turned down an 80+mil buyout on a game/company they want to fail so they can make more money on a failing game/company within a year?

So proof or no proof, what you say makes no sense and as such is obviously false.

Edited by miSs, 10 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.
quote clean-up

#19 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 10 January 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Because collisions are a giant cluster without functional netcode. Trust me, it was terrible in CB, unless you piloted a dragon, in which case it was the best thing EVER

That is an even better reason for them to renable it, how can they work the netcode without it. It will require another datastream and that will add to the lag. In my experience with latency and lag it is best to approach it globally while considering all factors. I actually wish this game was still in a closed beta.

#20 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

You know, the devs don't have to talk to us. It's all voluntary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users