St. Ives Compact

165 replies to this topic

#121 Star Ranger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

We all have ower favorite gropes if we do not stand up for them who will you have my support

#122 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Seriously, with all this St. Ives news, can we just have it as a faction already? lol

#123 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 07 February 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Seriously, with all this St. Ives news, can we just have it as a faction already? lol

Wouldn't that be nice?

Edit, as an aside, even though Rasalhague had around 10 times the number of worlds St. Ives had, they only had a military about twice the size of St. Ives. We really punched above our weight class :)

ED: Excluding training commands and mercs... :(

Edited by Hayden, 07 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#124 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I believe I speak for the entirety of the Inner Sphere when I state that it would be in our best interests if the St. Ives Compact were to absorb the remainder of the Capellan Confederation. I'm sure even her own people would agree that Romano Liao should be removed from any position of authority.

#125 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostAzalie, on 07 February 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

I believe I speak for the entirety of the Inner Sphere when I state that it would be in our best interests if the St. Ives Compact were to absorb the remainder of the Capellan Confederation. I'm sure even her own people would agree that Romano Liao should be removed from any position of authority.

Yeah, we agree, but lore did it for us already. Sun Tzu is a perfect replacement. :)

#126 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

Oh no Kyll Long is back, who let the dogs out :)

I know its an old post.. but since I can't get it out of my head since reading it..

I would make all you suffer with me..

Because once its heard it can not be unheard

Edited by Chuckie, 08 February 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#127 Kay Allard Liao

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

I would instantly join the St. Ives Compact
It would be great to join the 1st St. Ives Lanciers

#128 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

I spent quite a few years defeding St Ives as second in command of the Black Lions Mercenary Cooperative. Miss the days of MPBattletech.

#129 DireWolf307

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, St. Ives Compact

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Long live the Compact! I am extremely disappointed that the FRR is represented as a playable faction, and not the St. Ives Compact. We fought hard for our freedom, no different than the FRR freeing themselves from Kuritan tyranny.

#130 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostDireWolf307, on 26 May 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Long live the Compact! I am extremely disappointed that the FRR is represented as a playable faction, and not the St. Ives Compact. We fought hard for our freedom, no different than the FRR freeing themselves from Kuritan tyranny.

There is one.

Dev lead favors Kuritans and if they didn't include FRR, the whole fail of the IS during the invasion would be Kuritans fault. :)

#131 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostAdridos, on 26 May 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

There is one.

Dev lead favors Kuritans and if they didn't include FRR, the whole fail of the IS during the invasion would be Kuritans fault. :)

I think the big reason is the relative size of the FRR to the smallest successor state, I.E. the Capellan Confederation. Let's break it down!

The St. Ives Military Command (SIMC) has 6 domestic regiments, the St. Ives Academy of Military Science cadre, typically 2-3 FedCom regiments on a rotating schedule, and whatever assorted mercenary forces, for a total of 8 regiments, the training battalion and whatever mercenaries are on hand.

The FRR is a bit beefier, with 15 domestic regiments, and approximately two merc regiments.

The Capellans are MUCH larger. About twice the size of the FRR, around 30 regiments including regurlars, warrior houses, mercs and any academy cadres.

But all three are small fry compared to the FWLM (72 Regiments), DCMS (75 Regiments), and AFFC (268 Regiments, BOOSH!).

So. If we can have 30 capellan regiments standing up to 268 FedCom regiments, why not have 6 St. Ives regiments standing up to 30 Capellan regiments? Those odds are MUCH better.

ED: This is all per the 20 Year Update.

ED: I should also note that the available information for the FRR's forces is very sparse. There is next to no information on pre-clan unit insignia or paint schemes. St. Ives, on the other hand, has much more information available!

Edited by Hayden, 26 May 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#132 Paewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostAdridos, on 08 February 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Yeah, we agree, but lore did it for us already. Sun Tzu is a perfect replacement. Posted Image

Lore hasn't done this for us yet. It's 3049 in MWO, and the assassination doesn't occur until 3052. Romano is alive and kicking and in charge of the Capellan Confederation as we speak. Wait 3 years and the impulsive, psycho witch will be dead, to the benefit of all. :)

#133 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostPaewen, on 26 May 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Wait 3 years and the impulsive, psycho witch will be dead, to the benefit of all. :)

Hey, be carefull! That is our *harrumph* beloved chancellor you are talking about. Let us hope her agents haven't seen you make that note and you might get awa... oh... wait... I am capellan soldier and you are a davion mechjockey. I guess I have to report your intrusion into our dormitories. The guards will be on their way and on site any moment now. Stay right there! I will keep quiet about your words, that will be my one good deed for the day. ;)
Sorry, but we are a bit itchy with davs since the last war, and that women on the throne made some very clear rules about your folk setting foot on our planets.

#134 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostMetro, on 02 November 2011 - 05:59 AM, said:

Well this decision is up to the Devs, and I presuppose, if they do Slot The Compact their own planets, they may certainly be the very first ones, I send the Deathcommandoes,Warrior Houses and Maskirovka after. :) But we shall see. >VDB<
If you order that i wish to be there to liberate my homeland.

#135 wicked06

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque,NM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yeah. Okay whatever. My blood use to run for the Compact. Long live... whuat? ...nevermind.

#136 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostHayden, on 26 May 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

snip

The size of the lore-military is of no concern to MWO, only the player numbers matter. But the planets matter, and there the Compact is lacking. How long do you think would the Compact survive when it gets hammered by both the FedSuns and CapCon?

But the numbers of regiment you brought up is probably exactly the reason why the St.Ives Compact was added to the Confederation - to give CapCon player a higher amount of units to "unlock" through Loyality points.

#137 Cardosis

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 02 November 2011 - 05:30 AM, said:

You all seem to forget yourselves. You are discussing the St. Ives COMMONALITY, a prefecture within the Capellan Confederation. All other talk is treason.

Death to the tyrants!! Free St. Ives!!!!

#138 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 27 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

The size of the lore-military is of no concern to MWO, only the player numbers matter. But the planets matter, and there the Compact is lacking. How long do you think would the Compact survive when it gets hammered by both the FedSuns and CapCon?

But the numbers of regiment you brought up is probably exactly the reason why the St.Ives Compact was added to the Confederation - to give CapCon player a higher amount of units to "unlock" through Loyality points.

They could simulate the never-ending stream of ***-for-tat capellan/St. Ives raids by making most SIC worlds incapable of capture. ;D

#139 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sure they could. But that would "downgrade" the Compact to some kind of bandig kingdom, don't you think? :huh:

#140 Adalwin

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Loyal Warriors of the Jadethrone,

it would split our ressources to let the St. Ives be another faction. The traiterous great houses overwhelm us with their size and we must stand as one warriors behind our chancellour. Even tho I am a proud Warrior who grew up in St. Ives I see the need of unity among us. Maybe in the future there is a place for an independent St. Ives. But not right now. We need to serve for the benefit of the ConCap!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users