any MULTIPLAYER BATTLETECH 3025 game from 2001 players?

405 replies to this topic

#381 Tethyss

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Played MPBT: 3025, Solaris, et al, as War. LOR *HL*. I see some familiar faces here, good to see you all again.

#382 Disgruntled Bear

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Blue Seed or Disgruntled Bear of Apache Division and Animal Farm

#383 Pershaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I beta tested the mech games by Kesmai including their Starship Troopers, was also in the 3025 beta, still have the 3025 client installed on one of my older computers.

#384 Xerahn

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

MPBT 3025 was awesome! Beta tested for quite a while, House Kurita. I was so sad when it was shut down =(

#385 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

yep i was there, Justin Xiang Allard. i loved that game! one of my all time favorites............

View PostBludd 911, on 07 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

SaladShooter and I were mates. I remember he was competitive and would always be on. Even after the resets he would be the first to hit level 8 while we were still level 1. I also remember one time we lost a match and he told me that he threw a chair.... (O_o)

The memories...

i liked playing with saladshooter, he wanted me to play with him and his friends so i joined in his group. i readied up with an assasin and his team didnt like that so only salad and i dropped in. killed 2 mediums apeice, neither of us died.

#386 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 26 December 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

GEnie MPBT...Solaris...and the infamous 3025...to name a few of the BTech titles I've played..just list em all, I've played em Posted Image

And to set the record straight, I was ONE of the group of people who created the original NBT, and I got stuck with running it originally, cause as much fun as it was to create it, playing in it was SO much more fun, and lucky me, I drew the short straw. DP took over running it for me at my request, real life issues made it impossible for me to give NBT the time it required. Anything else after that..not important, long time ago.

As for why BTech 3025 was shut down..you folks are funny! MS having something to do with it..really..yer kidding right? MW4 was released the year BEFORE the beta, 3025 was nothing but pure profit for MS, they owned the IP, here's a great piece of software that would do NOTHING but make MS money for nothing, especially if the GEnie MPBT was any indication, people had paid by the HOUR to play that! Nope, not their doing.

EA switching to consoles..eh..yes, they did do consoles..but they'd ALWAYS had a larger console market then a PC market, so..nope, sorry. Some other EA PC titles you might have heard of from the same time period...Earth and Beyond(what is it with sci-fi based MMOs?), Ultima Online, true it was a few years old at the time but it WAS a big money maker for EA during the early 2000s..The Sims, remember THAT silly little game? HUGE money maker for EA, The Sims Online were in early dev during the same time as 3025's testing. Battlefield 1942..closed testing same time as 3025. Dark Age of Camelot..yep..same time..still running even now as a F2P game. Motor City Online..gah..horrid game, I was in it's testing group too, still it did make money for EA. Sorry, no, console focus wasn't the reason either.

Here's the reason..and you folks are going to hate this as much as I did back then..and still do.

Kesmai..the folks who made the game. Great guys, wonderful games, totally worthless when it came to security. Did you know you could hack INTO the GEnie system via the MPBT? Not to mention the hacks and exploits in the MPBT itself. Solaris..yeah..same thing. BattleTech 3025...that was a hacker's playground, security was so weak and useless in it. What, did you all forget all the exploits and hacks in the 3025 beta? It literally turned into a nightmare for EA, Kesmai couldn't fix the exploits being found AND they couldn't stop the hacks being created, and EA really didn't have the manpower to waste on it, since they had quite a few other projects of their own going on at the same time, PC and console. Just wasn't worth the money being put into it, MW4 wasn't doing as well as expected, the beta population, despite what some of you think, was NOT that large WITH an open beta, the numbers just weren't there to support putting even MORE money into the project, it was cancelled.

Sometimes, no matter how fun a game might seem to you, it can still be too fundamentally broken to be worth anything. BattleTech 3025 was one of those games.

actually i believe ea said it was a copyright violation and they had to shut it down, my 6 other friends remember it that way too.

View Postchewie, on 08 November 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Big Thanks to Punk for hosting the pics.

Man, I had some fun in my Vindi back then....

Such a shame they killed the game when they did, i was saving for a 4P at the time, and had splashed out on a CN9-A instead.

sup

#387 James The Fox Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I used to be GenDalette<51ELH> during Gamestorm and AOL time in Solaris. I miss my old unit. ;)

#388 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

EA shut down 3025. That it was a copyright issue is new to me. I always thought it was "not enough profit" reason. ;)

#389 dragon2

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 10 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

I used to be GenDalette<51ELH> during Gamestorm and AOL time in Solaris. I miss my old unit. :(

As you know Dalette, the 51ELH joined Steiner and was grown into an entire theatre worth of regiments. Many former members when on to command some very high positions within Steiner up to and including House Leader ( Dragon ). So, while the 51st is no longer active, many of its members most certainly are.

#390 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postdragon2, on 14 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

As you know Dalette, the 51ELH joined Steiner and was grown into an entire theatre worth of regiments. Many former members when on to command some very high positions within Steiner up to and including House Leader ( Dragon ). So, while the 51st is no longer active, many of its members most certainly are.

That is good to hear. I remember you Dragon as I do most of the guys from before AOL. Look me up on TS EU server some day.

#391 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yup I was there! I thought it shutdown more because MicroSoft had FASA and pulled out of the partnership to make MW4

#392 TaiSho Tetsuhara

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Yep, I played it back then (under almost the same ID as I have now).

Actually visited the forum just to make a little comparison post about it just now. :D

I like the graphics of MWO, but overall I must say I like the good old Battletech 3025 more. The fights felt more strategic and I liked that there was a bigger pictures behind the fights. I find it more more motivating getting into the mech if I know I'm fighting for the honor of my house and actually see the results from the battles on the galaxy map. :ph34r:

Edited by TaiSho Tetsuhara, 09 December 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#393 GH05T

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Oh how I miss you 3025 !

#394 Cpl Luke

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Cpl Luke of house Steiner checking back in after Solaris and 3025

wish I could remember the guild at the time - it may have been the 31st.

Edited by Cpl Luke, 02 April 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#395 Woe Wrath

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Greetings all from

Blink / Woe of Wrath *HK* MPBT AOL/GS 1997-2001

#396 Sturmvater

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

MPBT: Solaris on AOL

Unit: Northwind Highlanders
Callsign: Sturmvater
Classification: Deadly :P

#397 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Ya I remember this game to bad it was canceled...I was hoping MWO would have a similar faction war set up as Battletech 3025 so far it been rather disappointing waiting for them to put some sort of faction war system in...It should,ve been one of the first things to go in not net code fix,bunch new mechs and maps....

I would probably still be playing MWO heavily if they had the faction war system in at the moment it just a boring C bill grind for the next mech which would be fine if I could fight for planets for House Davion expanding territory losing territory logging into the game the next day seeing if the planet you were fighting for was taken or you got your *** kicked by House Kurita or something..

Username Dredhawk
Faction House Davion

Only played for about 2 weeks the reason I didn't play much is number 1 during that time they were doing a sever wipe everyday which annoyed the heck out of me I would get to the Blackjack buy it play one match in then called it a night logged in the next day everything reset..Blha I now It was a beta but still. the other reason real life stuff came up by the time i got around to playing it again it was down...

#398 B1Ack0u7

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

MPBT: Solaris - AOL here. House Davion

<S>

Edited by B1Ack0u7, 17 January 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#399 Rhym3z

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Came across this thread whilst casually browsing.
Unfortunately i must have missed this game completely, and im gutted i did, sounds fantastic.
Man I wish MWO had some of these features (reading up on it)

#400 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

MPBT:Solaris (AOL) GoDoT, Solaris All-Stars
MPBT:Solaris (Gamestorm) Chu-sa Kaijin, Sun Zhang Academy, House Kurita, & Zephyr, Black Roses
Both: Forum Mod and GM, MPBT OwL
MPBT:3025 (EA) EA Zephyr

Like others here, I haven't bought an EA game since they shut down MPBT:3025

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users