#21 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

All four legged mechs, all mechs with hands, all mechs with barrel arms, all anime mechs, all mechs all mechs thart arent anime insipred (I E, are not the unseen) any reseen anything biger or smaller then 20 tons.

:P

#22 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

.. Clan mechs had designations. Alpha Beta Charlie, etc. Timber Wolf A.

Battlemechs have designations due to the fact normally you see standard configs. Clan mechs, which are OmniMechs are not set with standard configs. They have recomended configs for the omnipod layouts, ie Timber Wolf Prime, Timber Wolf A, etc. But the Omnimech, the whole point of the omnimech is the fact you can change your weapon load outs when you need and to suite your mission. IS BattleMechs are a lot harder to actualy customize, and as such t hey are produced with specific configuations. Clan mechs do not do this, the Timber Wolf chassis is mostly empty when it comes off the assembly line and the Clan Techs configure the Mech with the weapons load out the Warrior wants for it.

Clan BattleMechs do have designations, just not in the same way the IS does. Hunchback IIC (which is to Clan, aka the Clan version of the mech) has Hunchback IIC 2, Hunchback IIC 3. Kodiak has Kodiak 2, Kodiak 3. See Clans do not see the need for some crazy tag designation. Hell almost all Clan production facilities are labeled, not named.

#23 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostRockhound085, on 21 February 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Nothing from Dark Age

*sigh* More dark age hate.

Seriously, there is some good stuff from that era. Like the Blade, Hellstar

HOWEVER since this game is going to have a 1 to 1 time ratio (meaning 1 real life day will be 1 in day game) you don't have to worry about seing them for another 30 or so YEARS.

As to what 'mechs I don't want to see, I don't have any. It would be amazing to see everything make it in at some point :P

#24 Ogre Magi

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

nothing from the Dark Age, let it die.

think the gamers should limit tech/mechs from the 3025 period with an occasional SL era mech

No CLanners not yet

LAMS are a mixed lot, love what they can do and thier capabilities but they are papertigers. Say limit them for now

Edited by }OgreMagi{, 21 February 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#25 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Post}OgreMagi{, on 21 February 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

think the gamers should limit tech/mechs from the 3025 period with an occasional SL era mech

No CLanners not yet

LAMS are a mixed lot, love what they can do and thier capabilities but they are papertigers. Say limit them for now

LAMS are out of the period. Way too late (set in 3049) and they don't make a reappearance until the Jihad (about 3085) and even then only briefly. And they are to specialized and rare. If there was something I wouldnt want to see it would have to be Land-Air-Mechs.

The Clans are about 6 months out from luanch following the 1:1 time ratio.

Why go back to 3025 when we are just running around with standard PPCs, and ACs? So we can take forever and a day to blast each other appart? I'm not saying it needs to be like CoD frag fest, but make it too slow and it gets a little boring.

Edited by Evinthal, 21 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#26 DaBlackhawk

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

nall mech around 3045 preclan no experamental macheens till there massproduces if you can do lams do so if not dont. if you can do the unseen with out geting in truble do so, if not dont simple eazy peazey let us deside on what we want to drive keep with limits on what to put on like mw 4 did and why i was for that you couldnt put a gass rifle where the lrm were with out a major over hall

#27 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostBenjamin Larson, on 21 February 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Really, I dont think they should add quads, since they have the ability to sidestep. What does that mean? It means strafing, in a game where you never could- which could be a huge advantage for lighter, faster designs.

TechManual, pg. 40:

Of course, BattleMechs can do more than just turn left or right, or move backwards and forwards. Talented MechWarriors have gotten assault ’Mechs to skip sideways to avoid missiles, executed handstands under carefully controlled conditions, and otherwise tapped some of the often-unused potential of a BattleMech’s limbs for complicated movements. For now, you’re just getting the two-kroner overview.

So... BattleMechs' ability to side-step (among other things) is included in the canon, even if the movement rules are such that the ability is generally not utilized.

What, then, is wrong with quads - or even bipeds, "man-walkers" and reverse-joint alike - being able to side-step? :P
For that matter, what is wrong with lighter designs having a maneuverability advantage over heavier designs - that's part of the point, to sacrifice (potential) firepower and armor for (potential) speed and maneuverability, yes? :)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 21 February 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#28 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

LAMS while not common are in period. I think House Kurita still has a factory ever so slowly churning them out if memory serves. They would make awesome scout mechs until a real aerospace fighter showed up.

I dont want to see Agri-mechs :P I know they do not have combat rules until DA however they do exist in this time period and there is fluff of people using them in combat for guerrilla actions.

Lumberjack mechs are ok, you can sing battle songs about being a lumberjack while in combat to whoever you are on teamspeak with.

#29 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostKael Tropheus, on 21 February 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

LAMS while not common are in period. I think House Kurita still has a factory ever so slowly churning them out if memory serves. They would make awesome scout mechs until a real aerospace fighter showed up.

I dont want to see Agri-mechs :P I know they do not have combat rules until DA however they do exist in this time period and there is fluff of people using them in combat for guerrilla actions.

Lumberjack mechs are ok, you can sing battle songs about being a lumberjack while in combat to whoever you are on teamspeak with.

Yeah DC has a LAM factory, (LAMS are Laser anti-missile systems) and when Nova Cat takes over the planet first thing they do is destroy the LAM factory to the point it is all gone, every microchip.

#30 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Really, i just looked it up in Objective Raids, according to it, it is the only functioning(even if not in operation) LAM factory in the Inner Sphere(occupied) and can produce Stinger LAMs. So in our time period pre-clan it is still chunking them out. Destroying the factory does not sound very clannish with their whole efficiency and waste not want not philosophy.

Edited by Kael Tropheus, 21 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#31 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostKael Tropheus, on 21 February 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Really, i just looked it up in Objective Raids, according to it, it is the only functioning(even if not in operation) LAM factory in the Inner Sphere(occupied) and can produce Stinger LAMs. So in our time period pre-clan it is still chunking them out. Destroying the factory does not sound very clannish with their whole efficiency and waste not want not philosophy.

They did it because Land-Air-Mechs blurred the line between aerospace pilot and mechwarrior, and they didn't have a place in the clan way of warfare.

And one factory in the entire Inner Sphere should make them next to impossible to get. Maybe a collector piece that sits in some wealthy governors personal museum. Or vastly expensive to purchase and mantain. Why have one Stinger LAM when you could have a lance of light mechs for the price it takes to aquire one and maintain it?

Edited by Evinthal, 21 February 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#32 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

LAMS always felt really out of place so I would rather not see them in MWO.

I wouldn't mind some timeline appropriate Dark Age mechs as long as they don't have any odd tech or appearances that would make them stand out too much.

Also, a lot of the more humanoid mechs seem too gundam-y in comparison to the non-humanoids. I'm certain that the redesigns will fix that issue should they decide to use them but I really would rather not see the anime-like designs used.

#33 FolkenWintercraft

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Quads, LAMs, anything after the 3058 Tech Manual, and Protomechs.

Especially Protomechs.

And the Flea.

Edited by FolkenWintercraft, 21 February 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#34 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley, NY

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

No 4 leggers, simply because they're not quality designs, and no clan Mechs. This isn't a clan game. It's an IS game and when the clans do show up we won't be playing them so no point in revealing em until we're eating ERPPCs to the face.

#35 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

No!

INCLUDE ALL THE 'MECHS!

...except anything non-canon, even quads, LAMs, etc. Two legs good, four legs BAD, no legs WORSE!

#36 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Why wouldnt we be able to play clans? I havent heard anything from the devs that even remotely indicates this. You would have a lot of pissed off players if clans are not playable, I have a feeling many people will only be playing IS to tide them over for when the clans appear and switch over. I know if I dont get a Vulture and Fenris, I will be fairly annoyed.

Now I do not think LAMs should be playable. But a scattered few exist and since there is a factory producing them, they do exist, albiet very rare and likely as said, very expensive to keep operational.

#37 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostOmigir, on 21 February 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

All four legged mechs, all mechs with hands, all mechs with barrel arms, all anime mechs, all mechs all mechs thart arent anime insipred (I E, are not the unseen) any reseen anything biger or smaller then 20 tons.

:P

So... you basically want no mechs then... yes?

View Post}OgreMagi{, on 21 February 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Die? My beloved Thunderfox is in the last TRO, it's not really "dieing" very well.

View PostDestin Foroda, on 21 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

No 4 leggers, simply because they're not quality designs, and no clan Mechs. This isn't a clan game. It's an IS game and when the clans do show up we won't be playing them so no point in revealing em until we're eating ERPPCs to the face.

You are correct, most of the quad designs were iffy, but that was partly because Battletech rules for them sucked. DarkAge(AOD) actually did quads very well. They packed a similar punch and the operated differently, could hide easier, get away from infantry as if it were never there to begin with. Quads aren't crap if the game builds them up right. Far as the clan mechs go; this time-frame was chosen for the clan invasion... I think that makes this a clan game. Even if they are entirely OpFor, they are there. So I look forward to seeing these unusual Catapults with arms.

#38 WerewolfX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Black Knight nice loadout stupid design.

#39 Talonz

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I know it's already too late for this, but I vote the Atlas. I'm getting sick of seeing it. Also, please dear god no Flea!

#40 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 21 February 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Anything with 4 legs? (dodges all the tomato and rotten cabbage)

Overshot the margin here prolly. :) Before we talk about the quad Mechs (I personally like the looks of the Tarantula, just for the record), we might want to exclude the ones with three legs first? :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users